hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 177 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Proper Football thread | Fuck Belgium

PM me for a free Vagabond

2013 Proper Football thread | Fuck Belgium

can't find the old one. so being me I started a new one.

Nice to see Aston Villa going into 2013 on the back of a 8-0 thrashing by Chelsea.......

this would be the same Aston Villa team that did Liverpool 3-1 last week......

So lets see some Premier League predictions for the end of the season,
    Lets talk about the January transfer window

for my part.... I'm a Saints fan. nice rollercoaster we're having. If we don't get a couple more wins under the belt, relegation is going to be looming.
    should have at least drawn against Sunderland, but we didn't turn up - worrying as we needed to get at least something from that match.

Evertonian chiming in. I am hoping that we keep Fellaini and Jelavic most of all. Fellaini because of his sheer brilliance (and lethal elbows) and Jelavic due to his sheer hunger for goal. Seriously, when that guy sees a ball his first instinct is to smack it into the back of the net. We've needed that for years and it finally came to us.

As for the game in general, I would like to see more done about diving. There are cameras at pretty much every single match in the top 2 divisions (if not more), so every referee decision should be caught on camera. Alls it needs is someone to spend an hour after the game looking at the decisions and then give any divers a yellow card to go onto their yellow total. Once the suspensions start coming up then I foresee a significant fall in diving.
    She did what?

Actually Everton I really rate this season. I think they are capable of a top four finish

Arsenal pls. Pls buy somebody. Pls.

Relegation is gonna be Villa, QPR, and Reading
    FourFiftyFour > reed i enjoy your trolling on shc immensly

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Tiburon View Post
    Arsenal pls. Pls buy somebody. Pls.

Relegation is gonna be Villa, QPR, and Reading
    You reckon dirty 'arry isn't going to pull off a great escape?

If you've heard Fergie's rant at the end of the game #PrayForVanPersie.

If you've not then look on YouTube for it or at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20833250 (it's in reference to the gif).

Anyway, City fan here. I think it's going to be a hell of a scrap for the Champions League places this season. As far as relegation goes, it looks like Reading and QPR are really going to struggle to beat the drop (even with triffic 'Arry). Not sure who'll go with them but reckon Villa or Wigan.

As far as Everton goes they seem to have shaken off their traditional slow start and gone on really well at the start, getting Pienaar back was also very good for them as we'll. The question's still going to be whether they've got the squad to last for the extended push for the CL places.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Liverpool/Norwich as an outside bet for making it into Europe?

Liverpool possibly but not sure about Norwich. I think they'll still be more concerned with consolidation especially with the large boost to the PL clubs finances with the new TV deal next season.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    lollerpool more like.

back to silly money on not actually very good strikers for them apparently. even better, spending money to buy back a player you sold last season, making a 2m loss or something around there.

I'd personally love to see norwich/swansea getting european football. both have been quite refreshing to watch in the PL.

couldnt agree more, it's about time we saw some different teams in Europe other than the usual suspects from the PL.

as for Liverpool.... if Suarez don't turn up, they are awful

Oh... soccer thread.
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

Would love to watch Falkirk FC games (matches) herfe in the States, get a flavor of what I'd watch had my family stayed in Scotland.

Not sure it's possible (and yes, I know FFC sucks donkey balls....I'm a NY Jets Fan, so thats par for the course for my teams of choice).

Man City fan here, we've been playing shit but largely getting results, not watching much at the moment though due to lol -8 hour time difference.

Nice to see another sufferer of lower league Scottish football

Mon the Jags (guess where I took the nickname from )

Edit: to Alistair , look into Falkirk TV , they show all game live over t'internet to overseas fans. http://www.falkirkfc.tv/index.php/welcome2

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    we (arsenal) will finnish top 4 and nothing will change

which is bad we need to finnish mid table and change up our management, if we get top things will continue as they are which isnt good enough, you know its bad when you want your team to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Boro fan - we finally have our act together with Tony Mowbray sorting out the Premier League wage bill we had and getting rid of all the deadwood before we went bust again.

Having a good time in the championship and doing well this season - Chance we could well be up in a year or two but not particularly bothered if we don't as championship has been a breath of fresh air. Very competitive league, much cheaper to watch and way better atmosphere at the grounds when going to away games

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggin View Post
    Oh... soccer thread.
    Soccer would be a thread about Football in America. No-one calls football "soccer" outside of there

Norwich fan here, I've actually been enjoying watching Norwich until...oh god that last game was so bad :S

To be honest, we'll be pleased enough with staying up or a top half finishish this year rather than euros. Especially considering the godawful number of matches you have to go through in the europa league (it's so fucking ridiculous), leading to your players being too knackered for the PL. Look what happened to Newcastle :S

edit: especially considering Grant Holt gets knackered after one game a week at the moment, the fat bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Korenchkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggin View Post
    Oh... soccer thread.
    Soccer would be a thread about Football in America. No-one calls football "soccer" outside of there
    The entire English speaking world outside the British isles call it soccer.

No one cares about the non-English speaking world.

2013 Proper Football thread

And yet no one cares about hand egg.