hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 289 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - Attack of the P-40 G-AY Hawk

You shut your whore mouth, MC 202 is awesome.

Ok, its not as bad now that i have the engine upgrade and ~smooth upgrade.

But then the little pilot head dude on the plane bar went gold, then it disappeared.. what happened? Didnt find anything in the not-so-encyclopedia. Also, related, im just dumping skill points into g-force tolerance and stamina, good idea?

Fuck you worthless noobs...

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Beginning to get the grips of this. Practicing some manouvers and getting better at it. It pays of being unpredictable in this game, as well as thinking ahead. Grinding American and Japanese trees as we speak.

Also this might turn out to be one of the #1 games for me this year. I can't remember the last time I was this hooked on a video game

Game requires skill and has potential for being awesome.

Approved.

Anybody knows how to deal with authorizaton error login message? I've tried to run as administrator and checked firewall settings. There is also no reply email with a confirmation link, just a regular one confirming that i've registered.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    I can't remember the last time I was this hooked on a video game

This.

Quote Originally Posted by sokken View Post
    But then the little pilot head dude on the plane bar went gold, then it disappeared.. what happened? Didnt find anything in the not-so-encyclopedia. Also, related, im just dumping skill points into g-force tolerance and stamina, good idea?
    Bomber crew? MAX EVERYTHING
    Fighter crew? MAX EVERYTHING but gunners, those you can leave at 10 skill points purely for bumping up the crew level.
    It is that easy.

Grinding ze germans and the brits now.

Mostly in attack craft for the first wave and jumping into a fighter afterwards. But on tier 4 the germans only start to get fun.

Is there a guide somewhere how matchmaking works. Just joined a game with my tier 4 max germans and had an enemy Meteor F.3 in game. That is tier 18 or such bullshit. Was kind of annoying.

Also skills:
    -Repair skills, Speed is for how long you have to stay on the Airfield before you get repped but does repair rank work in the air also? Never had a machine repair itself in the air with critical damage but I could imagine it works on those minor fault like fuel leaks. Still not sure.
    -Reload works in the air?
    -Visibility, Keen vision: effect?
    -G-force: Does it only raise the bar on the black and red-outs or the real turning speed of the plane?
    Last edited by Kilabi; December 22 2012 at 03:36:31 PM.

Matchmaking is nonexistant because plane tiers matter little. That meteor was probably useless most of the time.

Repairs only work on the ground, fuel leaks until a tank is empty or sealed. All planes have multiple fuel tanks, some are self-sealing.

Reload works in the air in arcade mode only. Spitfires get fucked in others.

Distance of putting markers to a human enemy. Irrelevant in arcade.

Yes, actual plane perfomance doesn't depend on crew skills.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Just joined a game with my tier 4 max germans and had an enemy Meteor F.3 in game. That is tier 18 or such bullshit. Was kind of annoying.
    It isn't so annoying once you manage to down one of those in your tier 4. Dat XP

Also skills:
    -Repair skills, Speed is for how long you have to stay on the Airfield before you get repped but does repair rank work in the air also? Never had a machine repair itself in the air with critical damage but I could imagine it works on those minor fault like fuel leaks.
    C. And repair time is incremental, although I am not sure how that works in practice. Ie if you repair, get damaged afterwards in the same plane, it takes 3x or so longer to repair. Happened to me in one occasion

-Reload works in the air?
    C, but only in Arcade battle mode. Default to 'Y' on the keyboard to reload all guns

-Visibility, Keen vision: effect?
    -G-force: Does it only raise the bar on the black and red-outs or the real turning speed of the plane?
    I presume Visibility, Keen vision has to do how far you can spot the enemies, and how easy you can spot them if they are in cover (clouds etc).

No effect on the performance of the airplane I think, but correct me if I am wrong. Stamina is very important though, because if you have a "blackout" from pulling to many G's your pilot will loose things like accuracy when firing (in that game/battle you are playing. No global effect)

Im terribru at this game.

Spoiler:

lookitdat premium la-5fn

Ok just tested:

repair speed: How long the free repair after a battle takes if you deactivate the auto-repair option
    repair rank: Which level the planes may have for "repair speed" to work.

My Hurricane Mk.II went from 4h52min down to 4h46min free-repair time with 1 point in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    lookitdat premium la-5fn
    That plane is the only reason im progressing up the levels at any reasonable rate. Its also fun to fly.

lookitdat premium la-5fn
    That plane is the only reason im progressing up the levels at any reasonable rate. Its also fun to fly.
    It's still premium.

Although i want I-153P. Best maneuverability in the game and a fuckload of short-range firepower, it's meant for arcade mode.

It'd be cool if the squad invite system, or even just chat, actually worked. I click on invites and nothing happens.

lookitdat premium la-5fn
    It's still premium.

Although i want I-153P. Best maneuverability in the game and a fuckload of short-range firepower, it's meant for arcade mode.
    Hey Rzr can you post the beta patchnotes if you already have access to the forums?

Just got my first airkill with the HE-A2G rockets. Bomber went straight down after 1 hit from my I-16 type 18, 4 MGs take ages to get any bomber down but with backup rockets it only takes seconds. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    lookitdat premium la-5fn
    It's still premium.

Hey Rzr can you post the beta patchnotes if you already have access to the forums?
    There haven't been any patchnotes in the beta forum since OBT :iiam:
    Just got my first airkill with the HE-A2G rockets. Bomber went straight down after 1 hit from my I-16 type 18, 4 MGs take ages to get any bomber down but with backup rockets it only takes seconds. ^^
    I strafe a bomber with 4 20mm cannons (Me-410), get downed by it's gunners. B-17 gave zero fucks.