hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What's shit and what's not thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post
    2. I use A2A. U mad? (I still suck and get my ass kicked in dogfights).
    (I still suck and get my ass kicked in dogfights).
    I use A2A.
    You don't say

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    >tells people to get A2A missiles
    >tells people not to get A2G missiles

As a scythe pilot, go fuck yourself.

(but really you're a worthless, subhuman, degenerate if you use A2A missiles for dogfighting)
    1. He was being facetious.
    Yeah I know he was kidding, so was I. :P

edit: Although I am avoiding getting A2A missiles because not only do I loathe them with a fiery passion, but I'm pretty sure SOE is gonna beat them with a nerf bat Rodney King style.
    Last edited by ValorousBob; December 3 2012 at 03:09:56 AM.

(but really you're a worthless, subhuman, degenerate if you use A2A missiles for dogfighting)

edit: Although I am avoiding getting A2A missiles because not only do I loathe them with a fiery passion, but I'm pretty sure SOE is gonna beat them with a nerf bat Rodney King style.
    They really aren't that great. They take forever to lock on, you get like 4 or 5 shots, and it takes 2 hits to kill even an ESF. I usually find myself using one shot to see if I can get lucky and they don't have flares, then I immediately end up switching to the rotary cannon thing to gun them down or finish them off.

Re: What's shit and what's not thread

Anti tank mines are hilarious. Either operation ninja around not so astute sundies or tanks, or just mine the road in a larger battle as they don't fire on friendlys. Still trying out anti personal mines. When they fire it's solid, but seem to have a small trigger radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Anti tank mines are hilarious. Either operation ninja around not so astute sundies or tanks, or just mine the road in a larger battle as they don't fire on friendlys. Still trying out anti personal mines. When they fire it's solid, but seem to have a small trigger radius.
    It's fucking enraging when you spawn a vehicle only to get it blown up to mines before you can even shoot something.

and it takes 2 hits to kill even an ESF.
    I've found it takes three a lot of the time vs Mosquitos, always three vs Reavers.

Also every dog and his mother suicides now, in airplanes of all kinds. I mean not accidental, but some even after just one missile hit, they dive for the ground and right into it.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    and it takes 2 hits to kill even an ESF.
    I've found it takes three a lot of the time vs Mosquitos, always three vs Reavers.

Also every dog and his mother suicides now, in airplanes of all kinds. I mean not accidental, but some even after just one missile hit, they dive for the ground and right into it.
    They suicide into the ground? O_o If I'm getting mobbed and I know I'm screwed I'll take a low health lib or another ESF down with me, but thats about it. Also since collisions actually factor in both vehicles HP, you can quickly kill someone by unloading a mag into them, then ramming them from an angle so they take a ton of damage and die, but their debris doesn't kill you. Since you were at full health and they weren't, you'll survive. I've been doing this when TR zergs like crazy and I have to pick off ESFs one by one. I can roadkill a straggler and then burn out before his buddies get close enough to take advantage of my low health.

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    It also surprises the shit out of people because very few people have actually unlocked it and no one is use to Infiltrators winning shootouts at carbine/assualt rifle range.
    eh? like half my sniper kills are from me pounding LMB from point blank after being surprised by someone from around a corner.
    No shit..

That was my first sniper kill ever, NC guy jumped on me indoors, i had no time to switch to sidearm, just fired and headshoted him like a pro.. Better be lucky than good is my motto..

So, when's there going to be one of these mythical SC sales? I looked at the VX6-7 and it's 1000 Certs, to which I say: "Fuck that, I'd rather have C-4".

They really aren't that great. They take forever to lock on, you get like 4 or 5 shots, and it takes 2 hits to kill even an ESF. I usually find myself using one shot to see if I can get lucky and they don't have flares, then I immediately end up switching to the rotary cannon thing to gun them down or finish them off.

I was indeed joking about the A2G rocket pods. Those things are just unfair and, imo, far more unbalanced than the A2A missiles.

A2A is good, but I would hardly call them overpowered. I've put quite a lot of certs into my scythe in order to get vehicle stealth/flares for the hull and more ammo/reduced lock-on for the A2A to make me as effective as possible at what I feel the fighters should be for; giving my side air superiority so the infantry aren't getting farmed by rocket pods and liberators.

If flares didn't exist and most mosquitoes I see (reavers too I guess, but honestly, fuck TR population on waterson) weren't just spamming rocket pods and running away at the first bit of damage I might concede that A2A was unfair...

Edit: On a slight tangent, I've grown strangely attached to the PPA as a finisher. IE, two A2A missiles then a couple of shots with the PPA to finish any fighter.

Edit of edit: On a complete tangent, something that's not shit; landing a drop pod on a full galaxy. I don't get that much XP for capturing a major base.
    Last edited by Tawa Suyo; December 3 2012 at 01:51:38 PM.

Smuggo
    Medic is so OP. The bonus alpha squad gun with a holo sight and lazer things just seems to fucking own. I usually play Engi but trying medic out I was just killing so many people and being able to heal yourself all the time is fucking great for staying power. Did more murdering than healing, good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Medic is so OP. The bonus alpha squad gun with a holo sight and lazer things just seems to fucking own. I usually play Engi but trying medic out I was just killing so many people and being able to heal yourself all the time is fucking great for staying power. Did more murdering than healing, good fun.
    Embrace the Shotgun. Extended mag and holo is a MAX murdering machine.

+1 for medic. Love that self heal. Love not being dogshit in a firefight. Don't love twats who sprint around at 10% health while I try to heal them.

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    +1 for medic. Love that self heal. Love not being dogshit in a firefight. Don't love twats who sprint around at 10% health while I try to heal them.
    God damn, so much this. We might need a dumb teammate rage thread. I was on an air pad at Allatum shooting at Reavers with the AA missile launcher, and when I ran out of ammo I went and found the nearest engi. First he ignored my ammo requests and wouldn't leave his turret even though all the enemies were dead. Then I stood directly in front of him and spammed it. He just got off the turret, walked around a little, kept looking at me, and did nothing. He didn't even say anything in chat like "sorry, don't have the ammo pack equipped" or "sorry, lagging and can't equip it" or anything like that. Fuck those people.

You're expecting far too much from the average PS2 pubbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    If it looks like a derp, walks like a derp and derps like a derp, it's probably a derp. PS2 just has more of them crammed into the same space

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    If it looks like a derp, walks like a derp and derps like a derp, it's probably a derp. PS2 just has more of them crammed into the same space
    Nade fodder, nade fodder everywhere!

giving game another try.

seems its not soo bad after dieing through your first 100 losses....

so: The Flash...it is worth to upgrade the radar?
    do you get spotting xp for it?
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    42 killstreak with the A2A missiles and saron cannon. This was after I killed a fully loaded TR galaxy 1km outside of thier bubble.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    giving game another try.

seems its not soo bad after dieing through your first 100 losses....

so: The Flash...it is worth to upgrade the radar?
    do you get spotting xp for it?
    No. BUT, flashes are super cheap and if you buy the scout radar and maybe even upgrade it once, you can often park the flash in some corner of the base you're attacking/defending without people noticing it. The radar stays active so you have a cheap, highly mobile, relatively discrete proximity radar for as long as it stays alive.
    Last edited by ValorousBob; December 5 2012 at 07:55:53 AM.