hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: What's shit and what's not thread

What's shit and what's not thread

Things I've found to be awesome:

Liberator - get either the Zepher or the Dalton (your choice) and add night vision.
    Magrider - MUST have the Sauron anti-tank cannon, pick up some cheap zoom optics for it. Also get the maneuverability stuff for the tank.
    Scythe - all the weapon upgrades are pretty good. I use either the A2G or A2A rockets with the rotary cannon thing. Again, night vision is awesome.
    Sunderer - obviously get the AMS to help out your squad, but don't expect to deploy it for the zerg. Blockade armor is nice to have. You can put the mortars on the top, but you'll be pretty helpless against enemy aircraft.

As for infantry, I'll leave it to you all to propose good shit. So far I've been using the VX6-7 on my engineer with night optics. I prefer it to the Pulsar C because it's more accurate.

Here's a bigass comparison of the infantry weapons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SUVxLWc&gid=12

Here's a video on some basic certs you should should probably unlock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWk...7&feature=plcp
    Last edited by DaneJa; November 29 2012 at 05:24:50 PM.

MCG makes you the destroyer of worlds indoors. I like it. Seems to be the only signature HA that has retained any glory.

Edit: The TR TSAR-42 sniper rifle, despite looking like an upgraded version of the standard SR-7 bolt-action sniper rifle, can't be equipped with a scope more powerful than 4x. Normal snipers get up to 12x. I'm currently being told on the Planetside subreddit that it's just fine that this is true because infiltrators are supposed to infiltrate, not snipe.
    Last edited by Dahak; November 29 2012 at 03:09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    MCG makes you the destroyer of worlds indoors. I like it. Seems to be the only signature HA that has retained any glory.
    Yeah, except that they made it look like a goddam cake mixer. It is still a badass weapon, but it is ugly. Then again, so is pretty much every TR weapon or vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Steckersaurus View Post
    Yeah, except that they made it look like a goddam cake mixer. It is still a badass weapon, but it is ugly. Then again, so is pretty much every TR weapon or vehicle.
    True. Not sure why they abandoned the underslung awesome look for what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Steckersaurus View Post
    True. Not sure why they abandoned the underslung awesome look for what it is now.
    They claimed that they couldn't code it the other way.

Which is basically a load of shit. Either it's true, and they suck horribly, or it's not true, and they're just lazy.

It's probably a stealth buff, since now you can hide behind cover, duck, etc, and still use it.

the first bolt action sniper, the XM98 for vanu is a beast. 8x scope is probably the way to go, i have the 12x as well and its a bit much at times.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    the first bolt action sniper, the XM98 for vanu is a beast. 8x scope is probably the way to go, i have the 12x as well and its a bit much at times.
    I shelled out SC for that last night (had some spare from somewhere) and don't regret it at all. Got behind the main enemy zerg and went on a bit of a rampage.

Only got the 12x scope now, will try the 8x later.

when i was playing last night i got left behind after vanu abandoned a base to the red guys, but i just waited for the zerg to pass then hacked all the stations, got up on a hill looking down on their air pad and waited. some guy comes in to rep his fighter thinking hes safe in the middle of red territory and i blapped him in the head. pro plays.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    when i was playing last night i got left behind after vanu abandoned a base to the red guys, but i just waited for the zerg to pass then hacked all the stations, got up on a hill looking down on their air pad and waited. some guy comes in to rep his fighter thinking hes safe in the middle of red territory and i blapped him in the head. pro plays.
    Sad thing is that you would've earned more certs by just following your zerg. Unless you are bad in high population areas (wat just might be because of loosing fps, lag etc.)

yeah but wheres the fun in that

What sights are worth grabbing for carbine/rifles? I grabbed the 1x reflex just to get the iron sights out of the way, should I have just gone 2x even on the close/mid range weapons? Trialing them all will take awhile. Will be grabbing the VX6-7 once they have another sale since I've been doing LA or engi most of the time

Smuggo
    2x reflex is a great all rounder. Stock sight is shit, 3x + is better for mid to long-range where you've got cover. For charging around bases though the 2x is perfect to let you quickly line up shots without needing to take a hip fire weapon that will be less effective towards mid-range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    What sights are worth grabbing for carbine/rifles? I grabbed the 1x reflex just to get the iron sights out of the way, should I have just gone 2x even on the close/mid range weapons? Trialing them all will take awhile. Will be grabbing the VX6-7 once they have another sale since I've been doing LA or engi most of the time
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I swear by the night scope. It lights up your targets so you can easily see people behind cover. At long range it sucks, but you shouldn't really be engaging at that range anyway.

I'm finding long-range sniping rather fruitless, as I'm shit at hiting from range, and get counter-sniped rather easy (even if I cloaky cloak on and off as I've seen others do).

I do like the Infiltrator role tho, hacking and generator killing. I wonder if a build based around the shorter range Scout Rifiles (which have much better damage supposedly) would be better once I grind out a scope for the one I unlocked.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I'm finding long-range sniping rather fruitless, as I'm shit at hiting from range, and get counter-sniped rather easy (even if I cloaky cloak on and off as I've seen others do).

I do like the Infiltrator role tho, hacking and generator killing. I wonder if a build based around the shorter range Scout Rifiles (which have much better damage supposedly) would be better once I grind out a scope for the one I unlocked.
    disregard I suck cocks
    Last edited by Eard; November 29 2012 at 03:37:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    There are two scout rifles for each faction, one is basically a future version of an M14. Semi auto, accurate at good ranges, great for skirmishing with people who are trying to tap out single rounds from full auto guns. The other is a fuckin bullet hose with a 20 round clip that actually has surprisingly good accuracy at range, called the Artemis. I got the Artemis with left over Alpha Squad cash and I'm liking it more and more every time I use it. It's definitely not the best thing to buy for 700 SC, but it's pretty good. It also surprises the shit out of people because very few people have actually unlocked it and no one is use to Infiltrators winning shootouts at carbine/assualt rifle range.

Ok, something else thats good. The default VS medic weapon.

fucking rapes. i have a 2x holo sight and a foregrip on it, zero recoil, just full auto people and they die. unbeatable 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    It also surprises the shit out of people because very few people have actually unlocked it and no one is use to Infiltrators winning shootouts at carbine/assualt rifle range.
    eh? like half my sniper kills are from me pounding LMB from point blank after being surprised by someone from around a corner.

I have to recommend the automatic shotgun, if you like close range carnage. Pandora or whatever it's called?
    Run into a heavy? Aim at his groin and hold that trigger. It kicks something fierce, but when you hit it gets the job done fast.
    I'm guessing it will be even better with the handle and laserpointer.

I trial'd M40 grenade launcher on Sunderer, touted as effective vs light armor. Effect vs enemy Sunderer was abysmal, barely better (if at all) then stock 20mm guns. Yeah, maybe if you invested another 300-700 certs into larger magazine size (stock is 3 shells) it'd be worth it, but I'm certainly not going to try it.

Granted Sunderer may not be "light armor", but if all it can shoot effectively are Lightnings and Maxes, why use it over the M60? (Especially when M60 cost 250 certs and M40 costs 1000 certs)
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer