hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (New Bungie IP)

Destiny (New Bungie IP)

http://imgur.com/a/LG4I5

Bungie has shown it can create beautiful and full universes (Halo and Marathon) and this is their new IP. They hinted its going to be a space/shooter/mmo/exploring type. I know I will get a lot of flack for this but because of the teenage dominance of the Halo series the amazing lore/books are almost completely forgotten about. If your willing to take my word for it, the Halo lore is vast and beautiful. If your able to get past all the teenage halo nonsense there is some good reading to be had and this is what makes me wet in the pants for this new IP. If someone wants I can go into detail about the marathon/halo connection, they sure know how to introduce lore.

A darker looking space MMO, yes please.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=32235

Go ahead. Take a peek. Itís alright. We weren't quite ready, but we will be soon, and we canít wait to finally show you what we've really been up to.

Stick around, we havenít even started yet.
    This is concerning the leak, meaning they are taking it like pros and actually using it to their advantage.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ept-art-leaked

IGN article with more details.
    Last edited by LoKiPP; November 28 2012 at 03:12:17 PM.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Will this be console only though?

screenshot suggests the first title in the expected series will run on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Bungie's most recent releases had only run on Xbox systems.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20529785

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Will this be console only though?

screenshot suggests the first title in the expected series will run on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Bungie's most recent releases had only run on Xbox systems.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20529785
    That's what the legal documents that revealed the project in the first place said, but who knows.

mite be cool

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Looks neat. :3

Dammit, give me a PC version!
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Quote Originally Posted by LoKiPP View Post
    Halo
    amazing lore

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Halo
    amazing lore
    Believe it or not, yes. (And I hate halo series plot so much.

Shitposting
    also i am excited and will probably preorder this when more details come out

speculation:
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=40929715
    FourFiftyFour > reed i enjoy your trolling on shc immensly

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/15/bu...e-at-gamestop/

You can soon pre-order the game. Makes me think they have been working on this for a while now, amazing at how much in the dark they were able to keep this. They are revealing something big on Sunday
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

You can soon pre-order the game.
    Preorder our next greatest game now and receive 33% of first day DLC free!!1

Seriously just after A:CM the last thing you want to do is preorder a console shooter by a company that got fat off them.

You can soon pre-order the game.
    Preorder our next greatest game now and receive 33% of first day DLC free!!1

Seriously just after A:CM the last thing you want to do is preorder a console shooter by a company that got fat off them.
    Agreed.

Its coming to the PC and they labeled it a MMORGFPS. Doesn't sound very DLC friendly and I highly doubt Activision will be pushing Bungie around

Its coming to the PC and they labeled it a MMORGFPS. Doesn't sound very DLC friendly and I highly doubt Activision will be pushing Bungie around
    Sounds convincing.

Many things have "came to the PC", not a lot deserved the honor.
    MMORGFPSASJHBKADBLKBA is still a shooter.

I'd be (slightly) more inclined to pre-order if it wasn't an MMO. fuck MMOs. fuck pre-ordering too.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

While I loved the Halo games (the multiplayer, and only the Halo Combat Evolved Campaign) I have no confidence in this at all in this working out. At best it will be TOR, at worst it'll be down within 6 months.

The original plan for Halo, back in the day, was for it to be a tactical FPS of sorts, like Risk or a proper wargame with FPS maps as the battlegrounds. So I'm sure they've been thinking about this kinda stuff for a good while. It's not a gigantic step to go from a tactical FPS to an MMORPGFPS; it'll be Bungie's version of Planetside.

Also, hell yes if they're bringing this to the PC.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Hey guys, I have this idea for a game:
    It's first person and you shoot people.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    fuck pre-ordering too.
    srsly.

Pre-ordering is what taught game companies to dump 90% of their budget into marketing and spend nothing on development.