hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 5289

Thread: Planetside 2: A Gamebreak Game Studio game Thread

  1. #41
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    2,941
    baaah. This waiting to get in would be aot more endurable if it calculated the time atleast somewhat correctly. 1,2 minutes is NOT 10 minutes!

    Edit:
    I got in.... and it has logged me in on the wrong server.
    Good job!
    Last edited by Ashaz; November 29 2012 at 07:51:21 PM.

  2. #42
    TroN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    Good evening of fights tonight with Edna, Danny, Foob, Benny and Sedai.

    Good game is fun.

  3. #43
    roigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23, 2012
    Location
    c4mel, Ostingele
    Posts
    1,690
    Been hanging out on matheson with mangala and the rvb people. This game is just so much fun.

    Entire nights of "go cap some bases, annihilate local resistance by superior num... tactics. Hold out for a while, get face rolled by a zerg or competent outfit. Inevitably get hit by a million nerds in their rocket pod ESF's, switch to AA MAX's and rack in those certs while the bads wonder why their ESF's keep dropping like flies.

    Strangely enough it sort of feels like eve, but with non-stop action and without ISK grind.

  4. #44
    Donor Eard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Portland. The weird one.
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by roigon View Post
    Been hanging out on matheson with mangala and the rvb people. This game is just so much fun.

    Entire nights of "go cap some bases, annihilate local resistance by superior num... tactics. Hold out for a while, get face rolled by a zerg or competent outfit. Inevitably get hit by a million nerds in their rocket pod ESF's, switch to AA MAX's and rack in those certs while the bads wonder why their ESF's keep dropping like flies.

    Strangely enough it sort of feels like eve, but with non-stop action and without ISK grind.
    Oh god the rocket pods

    How does the default MAX anti air work anyway? And is there a better pay for option? I can't hit shit with it

  5. #45
    ValorousBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    4,436
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

    I want this soooooooo much. I'm not even sure what it is. I think its a boat.

  6. #46
    TroN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    I agree on the Eve feelings I am getting from this. Only it is more fun and more instant action.

  7. #47
    Qui Shon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Oh god the rocket pods

    How does the default MAX anti air work anyway? And is there a better pay for option? I can't hit shit with it
    I tried the dual arm burster MAX with a trial burster, and I gotta say after all I've heard it left me a bit disappointed. I hit them Reavers just fine (dudes were hovering in place trying to gun down infantry), I think, least there was exploshuns and they took damage, they just didn't pop as fast as I would've wanted. All they had to do was hit afterburner and gtfo to survive....mebbe you need two people to actually kill something before it escapes.

    Also I made a TR dude and I don't know if it was just coincidence, but when I'm Vanu and use a MAX, unless its a zerg blob there's rarely anyone to fix me. These TR peeps always had an Engy close by to rep me, even if it was small side like 5v8 or something.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....



    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

  8. #48
    Donor Mangala Solaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Preston, Blighty
    Posts
    1,171
    Yeah, AA isnt a solo hero affair at all.

    At best a dual burster max will be a great deterrent to Airside, at worst you blow the timer just to get rocket podded.

    AA max shines in a team, throw in a couple of other dual bursters, as well as single burster folks who havent used smedbux, together with trial lock ons HA and engys/medics and you can hold out against a ton of air for ages, with Airside just melting, or trying to avoid it by really not coming inside of rocket range.

    We had a similar setup running lastnight and it did us good for around 25 minutes, before the TR brought in all the things.

  9. #49

  10. #50
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    25,854
    We need a :smedley: icon.

  11. #51
    Qui Shon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Lol, PS2 is gonna get mining just like Eve
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....



    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

  12. #52
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Lol, PS2 is gonna get mining just like Eve
    Core Combat 2 expansion

  13. #53
    Cortess's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Lol, PS2 is gonna get mining just like Eve
    Core Combat 2 expansion
    Or more like Wow? ... i can see ppl running away from the group/from cover to get to that shiny piece of rock and getting sniped.

  14. #54
    Donor DaneJa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14, 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

    I want this soooooooo much. I'm not even sure what it is. I think its a boat.
    It has to be an airship. There are guns on the bottom.

  15. #55
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,011
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

    I want this soooooooo much. I'm not even sure what it is. I think its a boat.
    It has to be an airship. There are guns on the bottom.
    unless
    >submarines

    (jk)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  16. #56
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    1,819
    Does it really take 15-20 minutes to get into EU servers?

    We play on matherson US east.. Its medium populated, and it 1-2 minutes tops.. Usually less than minute..

  17. #57
    DocBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

    I want this soooooooo much. I'm not even sure what it is. I think its a boat.
    It has to be an airship. There are guns on the bottom.
    Getting a distinct Battlestar Galactica feeling from this, which I think is good.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,078
    Just having a quick play before going to work, Looks like VS only own about 8-10 areas including warp gates on all 3 maps combined atm. Joined a few random squads but they are all split up over every map and even when i find 5-6 people attacking a base they have no sunderer to help keep the pressure up.

  19. #59
    Pacefalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,353
    Resources are pretty pointless tbh. You are limited by timer anyway and I am capped on all 3 pretty much all the time. Does anyone else feel the same way? Also rebuying grenades and medkits is a pain in the ass because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

  20. #60
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    25,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    Resources are pretty pointless tbh. You are limited by timer anyway and I am capped on all 3 pretty much all the time. Does anyone else feel the same way? Also rebuying grenades and medkits is a pain in the ass because of it.
    Yeah. It made sense at one point in beta but now you never seem to run out. Holding stuff to let you spawn MBTs and such is more important.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •