hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetside 2: A Gamebreak Game Studio game Thread

baaah. This waiting to get in would be aot more endurable if it calculated the time atleast somewhat correctly. 1,2 minutes is NOT 10 minutes!

Edit:
    I got in.... and it has logged me in on the wrong server.
    Good job!
    Last edited by Ashaz; November 29 2012 at 07:51:21 PM.

Good evening of fights tonight with Edna, Danny, Foob, Benny and Sedai.

Good game is fun.

Been hanging out on matheson with mangala and the rvb people. This game is just so much fun.

Entire nights of "go cap some bases, annihilate local resistance by superior num... tactics. Hold out for a while, get face rolled by a zerg or competent outfit. Inevitably get hit by a million nerds in their rocket pod ESF's, switch to AA MAX's and rack in those certs while the bads wonder why their ESF's keep dropping like flies.

Strangely enough it sort of feels like eve, but with non-stop action and without ISK grind.

Quote Originally Posted by roigon View Post
    Been hanging out on matheson with mangala and the rvb people. This game is just so much fun.

Entire nights of "go cap some bases, annihilate local resistance by superior num... tactics. Hold out for a while, get face rolled by a zerg or competent outfit. Inevitably get hit by a million nerds in their rocket pod ESF's, switch to AA MAX's and rack in those certs while the bads wonder why their ESF's keep dropping like flies.

Strangely enough it sort of feels like eve, but with non-stop action and without ISK grind.
    Oh god the rocket pods

How does the default MAX anti air work anyway? And is there a better pay for option? I can't hit shit with it

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

I want this soooooooo much. I'm not even sure what it is. I think its a boat.

I agree on the Eve feelings I am getting from this. Only it is more fun and more instant action.

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Oh god the rocket pods

How does the default MAX anti air work anyway? And is there a better pay for option? I can't hit shit with it
    I tried the dual arm burster MAX with a trial burster, and I gotta say after all I've heard it left me a bit disappointed. I hit them Reavers just fine (dudes were hovering in place trying to gun down infantry), I think, least there was exploshuns and they took damage, they just didn't pop as fast as I would've wanted. All they had to do was hit afterburner and gtfo to survive....mebbe you need two people to actually kill something before it escapes.

Also I made a TR dude and I don't know if it was just coincidence, but when I'm Vanu and use a MAX, unless its a zerg blob there's rarely anyone to fix me. These TR peeps always had an Engy close by to rep me, even if it was small side like 5v8 or something.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Yeah, AA isnt a solo hero affair at all.

At best a dual burster max will be a great deterrent to Airside, at worst you blow the timer just to get rocket podded.

AA max shines in a team, throw in a couple of other dual bursters, as well as single burster folks who havent used smedbux, together with trial lock ons HA and engys/medics and you can hold out against a ton of air for ages, with Airside just melting, or trying to avoid it by really not coming inside of rocket range.

We had a similar setup running lastnight and it did us good for around 25 minutes, before the TR brought in all the things.

We need a :smedley: icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Lol, PS2 is gonna get mining just like Eve
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Core Combat 2 expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Core Combat 2 expansion
    Or more like Wow? ... i can see ppl running away from the group/from cover to get to that shiny piece of rock and getting sniped.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post

It has to be an airship. There are guns on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post

unless
    >submarines

(jk)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Does it really take 15-20 minutes to get into EU servers?

We play on matherson US east.. Its medium populated, and it 1-2 minutes tops.. Usually less than minute..

Quote Originally Posted by DaneJa View Post

Getting a distinct Battlestar Galactica feeling from this, which I think is good.

Just having a quick play before going to work, Looks like VS only own about 8-10 areas including warp gates on all 3 maps combined atm. Joined a few random squads but they are all split up over every map and even when i find 5-6 people attacking a base they have no sunderer to help keep the pressure up.

Resources are pretty pointless tbh. You are limited by timer anyway and I am capped on all 3 pretty much all the time. Does anyone else feel the same way? Also rebuying grenades and medkits is a pain in the ass because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    Resources are pretty pointless tbh. You are limited by timer anyway and I am capped on all 3 pretty much all the time. Does anyone else feel the same way? Also rebuying grenades and medkits is a pain in the ass because of it.
    Yeah. It made sense at one point in beta but now you never seem to run out. Holding stuff to let you spawn MBTs and such is more important.