hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 265 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetside 2: A Gamebreak Game Studio game Thread

Still down? or is it just me?

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Its still down.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

EU Cobalt has been up and down a lot today... randomly "server will shutdown in 5 minutes" without giving a reason or anything. Probably just hotfixes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Server is back up now just logging in, time to cap stuff before other faction load up.

Just tried to have a play at NC, hadn't given them a go yet, too see if I liked them.

Holy fuck is that team filled with idiots or what? There was about 30 people sitting shooting at a base shield, instead of taking out the generator about 30m behind them that was controlling the shields. Went to another base that was getting capped. We took it, then got instantly cut off from the rest of the territory. Instead of going out and re-connecting these fuckers camped the base, like it was fucking Custers Last Stand or some shit.

Dont think I'll be logging that character on again any time soon.

Double Post.

Lost connection to the server appearently. And now i can't get back in. When I hit the big green play button at the character scree, nothing happens. -_-
    Great fun!

had the same thing, restart the game 10 times and finally it let me in

aaaaand again.

Quote Originally Posted by AssaultHamster View Post
    Just tried to have a play at NC, hadn't given them a go yet, too see if I liked them.

Holy fuck is that team filled with idiots or what? There was about 30 people sitting shooting at a base shield, instead of taking out the generator about 30m behind them that was controlling the shields. Went to another base that was getting capped. We took it, then got instantly cut off from the rest of the territory. Instead of going out and re-connecting these fuckers camped the base, like it was fucking Custers Last Stand or some shit.

In my experience I get waaaaay more xp from doing things that don't "help" the team. Going around with an outfit and just capturing territory I get ~4k xp/hr. But defending/attacking in massive battles for an hour (pointless or no) gets me 2x-3x as much xp.

Quote Originally Posted by DocBlood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AssaultHamster View Post

In my experience I get waaaaay more xp from doing things that don't "help" the team. Going around with an outfit and just capturing territory I get ~4k xp/hr. But defending/attacking in massive battles for an hour (pointless or no) gets me 2x-3x as much xp.
    Same. Until they add a meta game with actual consequences, I'm just gonna farm certs.

Esamir is so fucking foggy ... flying there is like diving in milk.

What the fuck!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post

What the fuck!?
    It used to be a lot worse. When Esamir first went live on beta visibility was about 200m. You can turn fog off by editing the UserOptions.ini

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

What the fuck!?
    It used to be a lot worse. When Esamir first went live on beta visibility was about 200m. You can turn fog off by editing the UserOptions.ini
    Turn it off how? And isn't it cheating (=bannable) by now?

What the fuck!?
    Turn it off how? And isn't it cheating (=bannable) by now?
    Pretty sure editing the ini file to access option that should have been in the graphics options menu anyway is not bannable. A lot of people need to scale back draw distance and such to make it vaguely playable due to the complete lack of optimisation.

If you put it that way ... still, how to disable it? Only fog-related thing in there is "FogShadowsEnable=0"

If you put it that way ... still, how to disable it? Only fog-related thing in there is "FogShadowsEnable=0"
    Oh I fail, useroptions.ini can only turn off flora (also a annoying resource hog). Maybe turning fog off is an exploit then, but if you with to try there is info here: http://pastebin.com/VJtJyZwz

Oh I fail, useroptions.ini can only turn off flora (also a annoying resource hog). Maybe turning fog off is an exploit then, but if you with to try there is info here: http://pastebin.com/VJtJyZwz
    Yea i found this one, but this only worked for beta though. Now the files isn't even avaiable anymore. Only way would be to use the sweet fx injector. And tbh, i think i stay away from this. CHanged a few minor things in the ini (don't know what anymore) but it actually looks better now.

SweetFX and all other injectors will result in a ban; not worth it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...will-be-banned

Donor
    Soe posted something about using the sweet fx and other shit and ppl getting banned for modding the client even tho their client is shit. The .ini stuff is okay. Anyways its somewhere in this thread http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...cations.54265/