hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MWO General Info Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    New hero mech on the website. http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs...lya%20muromets

Pilot: Grigori Kovalenko

Mech: Ilya Muromets CTF-IM Cataphract

Mech Identification Number: CTF2X0042A-1013
    Tonnage: 70
    Top Speed: 64.8 kph
    Armor: 432 points
    Weapons: 2 Medium Lasers, 2 AC/5s, 1 AC/10, 1 Small Laser
    Hardpoints: 3 Ballistic, 3 Energy, 1 AMS
    Jump Jets: n/a
    Looking at the model, I guess it has ac/10 in torso, and an ac/5 in each arm? If so, I am thinking triple ac/10...

Super Moderator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    TEAM AWESOME PUSHING YOUR SHIT IN

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    While hilarious, not very effective.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my engine melting after 2 volleys!

FIRE ALL THE ER PPCs
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    FIRE ALL THE ER PPCs
    ccc

we could run 2 volleys, then it turned into volley (overheat 20s) volley (overheat 20s)

was some weird form of turn-based fps.

get online dickbags

Trial awesome owns strip armor then insta them with the ppcs

get online dickbags

fuck yo couch

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Miller View Post
    YOU CAN FUCKING SHIPMECH SPIN

never launching a game ever ever again
    gentlemen, we've reached the endgame... and we're only in beta
    Nah, you can't be READY and spin at the same time. :PGI:

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Get online baddies.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/655...mo-being-used/

ammo placement and you - a handy guide.

So I was thinking to myself, Clans are going to be so broken when introduced. SSRM6s, 2 crit dhs, lighter weapons, more damaging ER Lasers. Broken

Then I went and looked at stats... it's worse than I thought. The Mad Dog (Vulture for you freebirth swine) is a 60 ton mech, and one of my favorite. Does about 86kph stock, with 8 tons of armor. Nothing major by way of weapons, just 2 Large Pulse, 2 Medium Pulse and 2 LRM20s. It's got a stock config with an ER PPC, LB 5-X and 6 SRM 6s... no big deal.

Clan Endo and FF are half slots (7 each), XL engines are 5/3rds as large (as opposed to double, or 2 slots in each torso instead of 3), ER Lasers do +1 damage roughly, everything is lighter and fewer crit slots. I wanted to do a quick fit for a vulture, but the rules aren't online anywhere my muddled brain can find them quickly tonight, and I'm not sure where my 3050 book is to do it manually. Just looking at Crits and Tons, I could do 2xERMeds, 2xUAC5s, and 4xSSRM6s (or SSRM4s if it doesn't work with enough Ammo) doing 90+kph. That's more DPS than my DDC in a quick, low profile assassination package.

I don't think PGI is hoping to make it to this tech level honestly. I think they're planning on the game failing before then, so they don't have to deal with this.

If you change anything that isn't in the "pod-space" (ie an engine, or internal structure) with an OMNI-mech it is no longer an OMNI-mech. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/OmniMech

So, the first point of balancing them is to just make it impossible to swap engines and to swap out 'fitted' equipment (such as JJs on some mechs).

The second way of balancing them is via the Matchmaker. If the Matchmaker is implemented properly it will balance Clan Mechs at a higher level than the equivalent Inner Sphere mechs.

But... ultimately, I agree, they'll still be stupidly OP when introduced.

Now to b honest clans should be none playable faction.
    They should preset on the map as third npc faction for some 3+ way action also allowing you limited salvage of weapons and mechs for limited use as well.
    I was thinking something like multiple companies fighting over clan world where production facilities or hangars are stationed or vice versa , clan attacking your world with mech production/storage facilities. Capturing clans storage facility gives you few caln mechs ... but once destroyed they are gone for good and repair costs should be insane as well so they are hard to maintain.

TBH i would like to see infantry, turrets and other vehicles being NPC controled just for fluff and immersion.

never gonna happen tho
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? ... At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    So I was thinking to myself, Clans are going to be so broken when introduced. SSRM6s, 2 crit dhs, lighter weapons, more damaging ER Lasers. Broken

Then I went and looked at stats... it's worse than I thought. The Mad Dog (Vulture for you freebirth swine) is a 60 ton mech, and one of my favorite. Does about 86kph stock, with 8 tons of armor. Nothing major by way of weapons, just 2 Large Pulse, 2 Medium Pulse and 2 LRM20s. It's got a stock config with an ER PPC, LB 5-X and 6 SRM 6s... no big deal.

Clan Endo and FF are half slots (7 each), XL engines are 5/3rds as large (as opposed to double, or 2 slots in each torso instead of 3), ER Lasers do +1 damage roughly, everything is lighter and fewer crit slots. I wanted to do a quick fit for a vulture, but the rules aren't online anywhere my muddled brain can find them quickly tonight, and I'm not sure where my 3050 book is to do it manually. Just looking at Crits and Tons, I could do 2xERMeds, 2xUAC5s, and 4xSSRM6s (or SSRM4s if it doesn't work with enough Ammo) doing 90+kph. That's more DPS than my DDC in a quick, low profile assassination package.

I don't think PGI is hoping to make it to this tech level honestly. I think they're planning on the game failing before then, so they don't have to deal with this.
    It could just be that the trial system will be expanded to include customizable IS tech, while people out of trial can buy up clanfits.

That's how I'd approach it anyways. Give the FTP crowd customization of every IS mech we have now with all IS tech that will be available, and leave the Clan tech to people who ubergrind/pay for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    If you change anything that isn't in the "pod-space" (ie an engine, or internal structure) with an OMNI-mech it is no longer an OMNI-mech. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/OmniMech

So, the first point of balancing them is to just make it impossible to swap engines and to swap out 'fitted' equipment (such as JJs on some mechs).

The second way of balancing them is via the Matchmaker. If the Matchmaker is implemented properly it will balance Clan Mechs at a higher level than the equivalent Inner Sphere mechs.

But... ultimately, I agree, they'll still be stupidly OP when introduced.
    Clan omni's almost universally are XL/FF/ENDO, the Vulture specifically. Everything I changed was in pod space.
    Last edited by LarkinAlpha; December 3 2012 at 06:01:22 PM.

Latest answers to ask the devs, looks like DHS will stay in their current implementation:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/802...vs-27-answers/

also how AMS works:

Q: Can you elaborate on exactly how AMS works? [Thontor]
    A: I got Thomas to write out a quick explanation for it:

AMS fires on hostile missiles, with a priority for ones locked onto you. The distance DOES matter, as the further they start from you the more likely they'll be shot down. Each missile has a certain amount of health, and AMS does a certain amount of damage per second. AMS' DO work together, so stacking them means they will hit the same missiles, thus shooting them down faster. SRMs can be shot down, but usually aren't due to their close range when fired. [Garth/Thomas]

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Latest answers to ask the devs, looks like DHS will stay in their current implementation:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/802...vs-27-answers/

also how AMS works:

Q: Can you elaborate on exactly how AMS works? [Thontor]
    A: I got Thomas to write out a quick explanation for it:

AMS fires on hostile missiles, with a priority for ones locked onto you. The distance DOES matter, as the further they start from you the more likely they'll be shot down. Each missile has a certain amount of health, and AMS does a certain amount of damage per second. AMS' DO work together, so stacking them means they will hit the same missiles, thus shooting them down faster. SRMs can be shot down, but usually aren't due to their close range when fired. [Garth/Thomas]
    :psypgi: We have finally found a company worse at decision making than CCP.