hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 2995

Thread: MWO General Info Guide

I'm pretty much maxed out "Tier 1," although that doesn't mean anything. I still play with utter morons.
    MWO: THE LAST JEDI

Did they remove the retarded gauss spin up?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Nope but they sure reduced Gauss range lol

Max range reduced to 2x compared to 3x (1980 meters to 1320 meters)

Thats ~2.5 less damage when hitting targets at ERPPC optimal (810 meters)
    Last edited by Calbanite; January 9 2017 at 10:35:50 PM.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

The Scorch is nasty- can fit 2x Gauss, 2x PPC and still move at 70kph on an 85 tonner. Huge pro of being able to fit the guns in the arms to allow for a greater range of shots, but also means it's impossible to torso twist without something getting blown off (I think the crit chance of the gauss is like 100% now?).

The ECM Mad2 is also nuts. 'Only' does 2x gauss, 1x ppc at 70kph (but with a targeting cpu mk7 lolol, retarded max engine size), but ECM in solo q means you can fire non stop the entire match and people don't pay attention to you.

JJ Mad2 is also crazy. 2x ultra ac 10 + ppc = high dps/55 alpha moving at 78 kph and jump mobility.

I'm tempted to get the big pack for all the good Mad IIC's

I just want a Clan mech that can do triple UAC5 and not be shit or a Kodiak.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/24...__pid__5569557

So seeing bads all the time at high tier's was actually a Tier fuckup /PGI/

HOLY SHIT TECH ADVANCEMENT

http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/01/169...ebruary-beyond

at the bottom

3060+ shit WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
    Last edited by Calbanite; January 14 2017 at 07:26:08 AM.

Fuck. Just as the balance/gameplay is getting good

OUR MRMS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUNS

http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/02/171...c-test-session

Welp RIP MWO

Bad Mechs get worse
    Good Mechs get better

9.1 million cbills and 136,500 xp to Master (91 skill points) a single mech.

Skill tree is copy/paste for each mech with the only differences being % changes per node based on light/medium/heavy/assault.

Mechs that required huge quirks to be viable are toast. Mechs that were meh~okay with 0 quirks will be very good now due to skill tree.

Biggest problem I have and lots of other people have pointed out is this system heavily encourages boating one weapon type. Use one weapon type and put all your extra points into mobility, defense, infotech. If someone wants to run split systems then they are at an immediate and severe disadvantage in mobility, defense, infotech due to a lower available point pool.
    Last edited by Calbanite; February 9 2017 at 02:58:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbanite View Post
    Welp RIP MWO

If the game manages to survive with how utterly dogshit it's been for most of its life i have no idea what they'd have to do to actually kill it by now.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    How does the skill tree work?

I just got back and have been enjoying myself running the old school trip-ssrm 'mando from the good old days.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Skill tree is shit.

That's how it works.

You put the same points in every tree for every mech 90% of the time.

Also Snub nosed PPC's confirmed. That means we are likely to get all advanced tech prior to 3067.

HGAUSS, HEAVY LASERS, PPC CAPACITORS, LIGHT AUTOCANNONS, HAG20/30, MRMs, HVACs, RAC2, LIGHT/HEAVT PPCs, REFLECTIVE/REACTIVE ARMOR, HEAVY/LIGHT GYROS?, LIGHT FUSION ENGINES, ADVANCED AUTOCANNON AMMO?

HVAC's are going to be stupid if we get them. HVAC10 is 14 tons but 6 crits so an Atlas can fit 2 of them in a torso for a long range, pinpoint AC20.

Russ backed off the skill tree. Thank the Maker.

Also NEW TECH AND MECHS BITCHES

IS: Uziel and Annihilator
    Clan: Cougar and MAD CAT MK II (btw MadCat MK2 isn't an omni)

No Light Autos, No HAGS, no PPC Capacitors, no HVACs, no Reflective/Reactive armor, no new Gyros

https://mwomercs.com/civil-war-update

But none of that matters since we get glorious Quad RAC/5 MAULERS BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
    Last edited by Calbanite; March 16 2017 at 03:42:37 PM.

I'll be on this weekend shooting scrubs.

Already bought all the new shit coming out in a few months.

If you ever wonder why BT ballistics are so poor, AC20 cartridge weight (14kg) is less than a modern MBT 120mm KP(~22kg), much less than a 150-185mm cannon. The 150mm AC20 would even fire 10(!) rounds for every abstracted AC20 round (according to sarna). With such weight constraints its no wonder they handle like bombards from the 1400's, because they are!

#notaseriousdiscussion

I'll get back to work now...

Skill tree apocalypse has happened. Inb4 Calb's head explodes in a pique of rage.

Man, that's a lot of clicking to set up some of my mechs. In the long run it may be less annoying than having to keep track of and swap out my two radar deprivation modules, though. Time will tell.

I've got mixed feelings on the tree. On one hand it means I can add some bonuses I couldn't otherwise add to a particular weapon system, and can customize mechs a bit more than previously, but on the other it punishes diverse weapons setups even more than the game already does, requires a crazy amount of clicking, and at least 75% of the nodes are the same on virtually ever mech.

Also, I question the benefits of some of them. If I take one +X% armor node but that doesn't result in a bonus large enough to raise my armor amount a full point, does it still count? The damage system definitely supports sub-integer values due to MGs and lasers but I don't know if they bothered to make it work for these skills.

Possibly the worst explained system I've seen in a game in a long time

I really feel like before someone implements a UI or massive game change they should ask "Will the player have to look up a youtube video to understand how to use it?" If yes, it needs more work.

I don't think it's so bad, it's leagues better than the old system. I don't like the excessive amount of clicking, but once you learn what you want out of your playstyle I don't mind the granularity of it. I just don't like taking so many useless nodes to get the quirks I want.

Just don't make the mistake of trying to respec all your mechs at once..you'll burn out super quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcuate View Post
    I don't think it's so bad, it's leagues better than the old system. I don't like the excessive amount of clicking, but once you learn what you want out of your playstyle I don't mind the granularity of it. I just don't like taking so many useless nodes to get the quirks I want.

Just don't make the mistake of trying to respec all your mechs at once..you'll burn out super quick.
    Yeah, I'm not missing having to swap my Radar Dep module to everything. And I am liking the ability to go 'max Radar Dep, but I'll grab me some other bonuses along the way'.

Has anyone worked out the optimal paths for certain end-states yet? IE 'max DPH, min duration Lazors'; 'max DPS SRMs' etc
    If so, where do I find this?

Overall though, I think mechs run slightly warmer.