hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [NEO] 19:55 - Match #46 Winner Match #41 vs Winner Match #42

Good run and a good match. Suddenly did an amazing job and hats off to their pilots. Something happened in that match, I'm not sure what...but our kronos dps just didn't seem to hurt those vindis. I felt pretty useless at the end being one of two frigs shooting a logi as I'm hearing our Kronos die. Really good job by Sela and his duders.

I'm glad to have flown with most of you, and it was especially nice getting to know Ty, Zach, and Rory. I hope they keep going with this tourney so we can have another chance. Good luck to our FHC m8rs and thanks to everyone who practiced with us.

Kronos might want to dig up their logs, see what kind of hits they were getting. If there's a decent number of "hits for XXX damage" values in the middle of the spectrum, as opposed to misses or wrecking shots, you should be able to back out what kind of resists those Vindicators had.

To me it looks like it was due to the fact the kronoses split up and one got optimal range td'd by the sentinel. So you had 2 vindis dpsing one kronos while one was either shooting in deep falloff or not hitting at all. In our testing we found the kronoses really needed to stay together to survive with all 4 neuts on one vindi to keep it from shooting. And if it turned into a stalemate, the kronoses have more cap boosters than the vindis.

Our plan out of the gate was for our kronos to put all webs on to one target and then let the other close so it's a 2v1 in our favor. I was busy with my end of the fight so I don't know what actually happened.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    To me it looks like it was due to the fact the kronoses split up and one got optimal range td'd by the sentinel. So you had 2 vindis dpsing one kronos while one was either shooting in deep falloff or not hitting at all. In our testing we found the kronoses really needed to stay together to survive with all 4 neuts on one vindi to keep it from shooting. And if it turned into a stalemate, the kronoses have more cap boosters than the vindis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Our plan out of the gate was for our kronos to put all webs on to one target and then let the other close so it's a 2v1 in our favor. I was busy with my end of the fight so I don't know what actually happened.

They both got on us but we got Seldarine back off of us. I was still dying significantly but finally broke free and they switched to bacch when it became clear i was outside. I made a small error in that once I was out of range I went a little too far away before turning around. Bacch died but we had lost the support war at that point.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

http://www.own3d.tv/CCPGames/video/899769

Did your sentinels use optimal scripts?

Well bugger. But nice try guys. You at least made it to the final 8, which for a bunch of bitter vets is nothing to sneeze at.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Sorry boys, was really cheering for u.. Damn..

Well, u had a strong showing, can be proud..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post

They both got on us but we got Seldarine back off of us. I was still dying significantly but finally broke free and they switched to bacch when it became clear i was outside. I made a small error in that once I was out of range I went a little too far away before turning around. Bacch died but we had lost the support war at that point.
    As was said, yeah, we split because Tyrus was dying and our reps weren't holding, so he pulled a bit of range while I held one of them off of him. Instead of splitting 1:1, they both stayed on me and I melted.

I don't know if they were tanked vs blaster damage or what, but my volleys weren't doing much. I don't think I have one in my logs that hit for more than 1k, and I was running Null at one point and Void at another, and always within 5k with next to no transversal. I have Marauders V and all relevant skills to V (gun specs 4), so it's not like I was underskilled.

Ultimately it became clear early to me at least that we weren't going to break a Vindi out from under their Oneiros, but our support was losing the support war and couldn't do anything about him. I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I could have gone after the Oneiros, but that would have left Tyrus to die and there's no guarantee I'd have been able to survive the remaining two Vindis even with Oneiros reps long enough to kill them without their logi.

All in all it was a gf and well played by them.

Was an awesome match, I'll elaborate on what actually happened once the tournament is over if anyone is still interested

Quote Originally Posted by Seldarine View Post
    Was an awesome match, I'll elaborate on what actually happened once the tournament is over if anyone is still interested
    Like you shooting me for the first 30 seconds of the match instead of the KRONOS! sigh.... but seriously watch the replay seld hates me 8P.

GF though guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
    Like you shooting me for the first 30 seconds of the match instead of the KRONOS! sigh.... but seriously watch the replay seld hates me 8P.

GF though guys.
    That's called "target calling for the enemy team"

thinking reactive hardners

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCat View Post

GF though guys.
    Ask brent about turning left (that was in the Nulli match though)
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

There is no need to elaborate, I killed them all

Jokes aside, GF guys, you have nothing to shame for, on the contrary you were awesome.

This tournament showed who are true PVPers, because there is not much of rewards except the glory, it was on short notice so really not much time to prepare, and initially estimated plex price for the entry was huge, so only most dedicated teams were ready.

I hope you will come as a team on future New Eden Open Tournamnents, and I'm also eagerly waiting your other TZ for the next weekend.

Also, many thanks to Scrapheap/Failheap community, as when I was young pilot, I was frequent reader of your excellent Ship Setup Hangar and Piloting in practice, which still IMO outclass any other similar resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafer View Post
    There is no need to elaborate, I killed them all

Jokes aside, GF guys, you have nothing to shame for, on the contrary you were awesome.

This tournament showed who are true PVPers, because there is not much of rewards except the glory, it was on short notice so really not much time to prepare, and initially estimated plex price for the entry was huge, so only most dedicated teams were ready.

I hope you will come as a team on future New Eden Open Tournamnents, and I'm also eagerly waiting your other TZ for the next weekend.

Also, many thanks to Scrapheap/Failheap community, as when I was young pilot, I was frequent reader of your excellent Ship Setup Hangar and Piloting in practice, which still IMO outclass any other similar resource.
    You know...it's funny. I felt the same way fighting you guys as I did when I fought VoC in ATX, and it's probably the way most teams feel when they face us...Helpless. The only response I have to that is Well fucking played gents. You guys piloted really well and it was a pleasure to face you. I'm a bit sad that you banned oracles, but it was the right call when you were in the losers bracket just like we were.

As to future tourneys, I believe it is out plan to continue to participate IF CCP KEEPS THEM GOING!!!! I really really hope that they keep them going. Even if they make it just a plex prize tournament or something(that would almost be preferred tbh). Even if the prizes were small we would still compete. If they do keep going I'm hoping that we're able to find some actual USTZ sparring partners. I pray to god that the reason there wasn't a turn out for the USTZ teams is because of thanksgiving. If that isn't the reason...I don't even know what to say.