hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Bracket

Bracket

I will be updating this after every playdate. Please don't get mad at me if I got your affiliated alliance wrong.
    Last edited by motbob; November 25 2012 at 07:04:58 PM.

A great first post!

BTW don't ask how the matches work when only 4 teams remain, since I don't know. I wonder if CCP even knows. They haven't released the structure in the match schedule or in the rules.

A wild good post apears

I'd expect the Winners/Losers Brackets of each side to play, with an extended Bestof3 if the Winners lose the first match. Winner -> 1st/2nd placed match (Bestof5) and Losers -> 3rd/4th placed match (Bestof??)
    Last edited by Valenius; November 25 2012 at 05:59:55 AM.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motbob View Post
    BTW don't ask how the matches work when only 4 teams remain, since I don't know. I wonder if CCP even knows. They haven't released the structure in the match schedule or in the rules.
    Based on this, the loser of the "winner's bracket final" drops to the "loser's bracket final." The winner of the loser's bracket final then plays the winner of the winner's bracket to decide who goes to the 1/2 match and who goes to the 3/4 match.

That's what it looks like, but that'd be a bit odd because the playoff for the 1/2 match is a X-0 team vs. a Y-1 team, but the team with the loss isn't threatened with elimination (merely relegation to the consolation match). That said, I'll take that oddness because it seems like a pretty fair way to decide it.

Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Re: Bracket

The schedule on the neo site says which match winners/losers play which other match winners/losers. That will clear things up nicely.

Bump, updated.