hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: alts and you

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    That someone will go through all the effort of arranging a proxy/vpn purely for posting on a spaceship forum they are already banned from on several vpn/ip/accounts is enough of an indication that something is wrong.
    Like, seriously wrong.
    I'm assuming you never did any spying in eve?
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

vpn is now connected and ready for posting.

The initial setup takes all of 5 minutes. And with no special effort on my part (e.g. purchasing a vpn service), I have 4 unique groupings of IPs to pick from: home, work, school, and a RL friend with a different ISP than me. So if I wanted to play cat and mouse with a ban, that would be 4 accounts I could have used without anyone knowing that they were my alt. To switch between then all it would take is loading a different ssh profile in putty.

multiple ssh tunnel accounts pre-prepared to dodge ip bans to post on a spaceship forum where people mainly poast about zombies tanks and ponies doesnt' strike you as a little bit ~srs bzns~ ?
    You missed the part where those ssh tunnels aren't all preconfigured and sitting waiting to go in case of ban. They're all normal things I have access to and use regardless of my posting on this (or any other) forum. Work ssh tunnel is there for work, school ssh tunnel is there to run things on their server and submit assignments, friends ssh tunnel is there so I can reset his server for him if he's somewhere where he can't. The main point I'm trying to make here is that having access to multiple things that can be used to tunnel through isn't anywhere near as uncommon or effort inducing as you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Designed for Xenosis being an asshat and getting BOTH his alts banned.whilst his main was banned. All from infractions. AND I understand that he a 10 infraction limit on his main, rather than the normal 5. So 20 infractions and he still can't stop being a prick about it.

Oh look, consequences.
    actually, wrong.

i *had* to implement a 10 infraction limit because of the way i configured infractions.

if you get an infraction, its worth 1 point and lasts 30 days, however if you get a second one, that infraction would last x+1, so second infraction is 2 months, 3rd is 3 months and so on.

he received 5 infractions so quickly that when his 7 day ban finished he still had 5 infractions, thus the 6th one was added not doing anything, this was brought to my attention when he hit around 8 i believe. since there was no upper auto-infract-ban flags set up, he basically started collecting them up to his 8th one, so i implemented a 10 infraction = 30 day ban, vs the 5 infraction = 7 day ban.

i after that modified infractions so they dont extend each other because well, if you hit 10 infractions you'd end up with like 10 months wroth of them thus breaking the system, its not special treatment, the fact is that he is the only special one (in a bad way) that actually pushed the limit.
    Okay. Well thanks for the explanation

Actually, can I suggest that infractions (and possibly temp bans) that end up having to be reversed upon appeal because of :comedy: or asshat mod - then get applied to the mod?

If you're going to make a alt account to evade a ban, I think it's time too step away from the forum. I'm looking at you Xenosis.

Actually, can I suggest that infractions (and possibly temp bans) that end up having to be reversed upon appeal because of :comedy: or asshat mod - then get applied to the mod?
    that's how its always worked
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

I can confirm this is how it's always worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Heh. Either way I'll just mail EntroX like he said earlier and he can deal with it in an appropriate manner. The infraction I was talking about, after checking just now, has indeed expired so no worries.

not gonna lie, I checked this alt's infractions, I'm safe for now, unless a mod gets super PMS

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by totalllynotmarcus View Post
    not gonna lie, I checked this alt's infractions, I'm safe for now, unless a mod gets super PMS
    And that's the attitude of a terrible poster who is able to achieve five infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by totalllynotmarcus View Post
    And that's the attitude of a terrible poster who is able to achieve five infractions.
    I was at 4 for so long but since garr is no longer a mod shit posing in w&p doesn't get you infracted alot.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    so its starting to become a rather recurrent problem nowadays and i have been pushed by several people to finally clear up this "gray line" named ~alts~

most of you use them to rile up others, but another selective group uses it for another reason, ban evasion.

i want to clear something up, i am not telling you not to make an alt when your other account is banned, i am not your mother and i have no reason to tell you what to do, on the other hand i am responsible of ensuring an enjoyable experience for every single one of you so there are some slight rules that should be followed, anyways back on topic. while i could spend hours playing cat and mouse with you until either of us or both get bored of banning dozens of IP addresses, emails and other things i have come up with a more harsh solution to this problem.

if you get you "main" banned and you hop on one or several "alts" and get either of said alts banned, i will remove your "main" from the forum and block the name from registration, this is a process that cannot and will not be reversed, this simply means that you will lose your post count, reputation and sent/received private messages. the data will remain but it will be marked as posted by a guest rather than a registered user. infractions are simply formal requests to please behave yourself and if you will not oblige then i will make sure that your experience is ruined as much as possible since all you are doing is annoying others.

i will be the one and only person that will take this action and i genuinely hope i will never have to do so.
    can i have my sig back plz

Where do you see your infacratinns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    ^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Jurskjeld View Post
    Where do you see your infacratinns?
    Settings below subscribed threads and above rep.

Re: alts and you

Serious post addressing serious issues. Today entrox gets asked the hardball questions like

can I have my sig back plz
    Tickets on sale now, your tickey buys the whole seat but you're only gonna need THE EDGE.

Tapaderr

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    nope
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    nope

Rep
    To people complaining about "lol xenosis lol infractions permaban"

A good number of those are krans infractions, so not only did I get a new rule installed, I also got a new infraction type installed

GG NO RE

(seriously though, this is a good idea)

I find it amusing that people object to the (now debunked) idea of Xenosis getting special treatment with regards to infractions, but are perfectly content to have Krans infractions apply to everyone except Krans.

Suggestion for site renaming: Failhypocrite Challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Because Krans has been doing it for years and is also usually appropriate to the topic at hand.

Xenosis isn't Krans. Also XR and scamps are both banned so surely Xenosis should be banned now?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I find it amusing that people object to the (now debunked) idea of Xenosis getting special treatment with regards to infractions, but are perfectly content to have Krans infractions apply to everyone except Krans.

Suggestion for site renaming: Failhypocrite Challenge
    i always have and always will devote my life to Krans, shame its one sided really