Free Xenosis 2012.

Stand up to the bourgeois moderacy.
    Free Krans?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krans at Work View Post
    Free Xenosis 2012.

Free Krans?
    Chances are that is just Xenosis.........

Quote Originally Posted by Traxio Nacho View Post
    Free Xenosis 2012.

Free Krans?
    Chances are that is just Xenosis.........
    Rep isn't banned right now (I think) but maybe.

Free Xenosis 2012.

Free Krans?
    >implying I'm banned

Switching between my regular setup and a worksafe setup is :effort: so I have an account for just posting at work.

Sv: alts and you

I support this.

:TpTlk:
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rojomojo915 View Post
    Perma bans are bad, even if the person in question is a fucking tard
    Wrongo
    The problem with a perma ban is that they aren't permanent, the poster just makes an alt, or changes an IP or something. The cat and mouse game goes on until one side gets tired.
    That someone will go through all the effort of arranging a proxy/vpn purely for posting on a spaceship forum they are already banned from on several vpn/ip/accounts is enough of an indication that something is wrong.
    Like, seriously wrong.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Speaking of infractions. What of mods who hand out infractions to be said asshats you are trying to discourage? I'm not saying this forum needs to be some straight arrow unbias work of art, but some slightly lose rules for mods would be nice.

Also does infractions stay forever or do they bleed away over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    That someone will go through all the effort of arranging a proxy/vpn purely for posting on a spaceship forum they are already banned from on several vpn/ip/accounts is enough of an indication that something is wrong.
    Like, seriously wrong.
    I'm assuming you never did any spying in eve?
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

vpn is now connected and ready for posting.

The initial setup takes all of 5 minutes. And with no special effort on my part (e.g. purchasing a vpn service), I have 4 unique groupings of IPs to pick from: home, work, school, and a RL friend with a different ISP than me. So if I wanted to play cat and mouse with a ban, that would be 4 accounts I could have used without anyone knowing that they were my alt. To switch between then all it would take is loading a different ssh profile in putty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Speaking of infractions. What of mods who hand out infractions to be said asshats you are trying to discourage? I'm not saying this forum needs to be some straight arrow unbias work of art, but some slightly lose rules for mods would be nice.

They usually have an expiry date I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxio Nacho View Post

They usually have an expiry date I think?
    They do, you can view it by viewing the infraction on a post; http://failheap-challenge.com/infrac...=view&p=596517

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Designed for Xenosis being an asshat and getting BOTH his alts banned.whilst his main was banned. All from infractions. AND I understand that he a 10 infraction limit on his main, rather than the normal 5. So 20 infractions and he still can't stop being a prick about it.

Oh look, consequences.
    Wait what? Why don't I have a 10 infraction limit? I thought Xenosis was no longer a threat to my worstpoaster/most negrepped title (Al Simmons being the closest). Will I have to shitpoast some more? How does one get a 10 infraction limit? ><

Also, I support this. Retards getting multiple alt accounts banned are retards. To quite Forrest Gump's mamma "Stupid is as stupid does."

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Like, seriously wrong.
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

The initial setup takes all of 5 minutes. And with no special effort on my part (e.g. purchasing a vpn service), I have 4 unique groupings of IPs to pick from: home, work, school, and a RL friend with a different ISP than me. So if I wanted to play cat and mouse with a ban, that would be 4 accounts I could have used without anyone knowing that they were my alt. To switch between then all it would take is loading a different ssh profile in putty.

multiple ssh tunnel accounts pre-prepared to dodge ip bans to post on a spaceship forum where people mainly poast about zombies tanks and ponies doesnt' strike you as a little bit ~srs bzns~ ?

Spoiler:
    Like, seriously wrong.
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

multiple ssh tunnel accounts pre-prepared to dodge ip bans to post on a spaceship forum where people mainly poast about zombies tanks and ponies doesnt' strike you as a little bit ~srs bzns~ ?
    Perma bans are serious things.

Spoiler:
    Like, seriously wrong.
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

You misspelled Aspergers m8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Designed for Xenosis being an asshat and getting BOTH his alts banned.whilst his main was banned. All from infractions. AND I understand that he a 10 infraction limit on his main, rather than the normal 5. So 20 infractions and he still can't stop being a prick about it.

Oh look, consequences.
    actually, wrong.

i *had* to implement a 10 infraction limit because of the way i configured infractions.

if you get an infraction, its worth 1 point and lasts 30 days, however if you get a second one, that infraction would last x+1, so second infraction is 2 months, 3rd is 3 months and so on.

he received 5 infractions so quickly that when his 7 day ban finished he still had 5 infractions, thus the 6th one was added not doing anything, this was brought to my attention when he hit around 8 i believe. since there was no upper auto-infract-ban flags set up, he basically started collecting them up to his 8th one, so i implemented a 10 infraction = 30 day ban, vs the 5 infraction = 7 day ban.

i after that modified infractions so they dont extend each other because well, if you hit 10 infractions you'd end up with like 10 months wroth of them thus breaking the system, its not special treatment, the fact is that he is the only special one (in a bad way) that actually pushed the limit.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Spoiler:
    Like, seriously wrong.
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

You misspelled Aspergers m8
    Doh

Spoiler:
    Like, seriously wrong.
    win+r
    cmd
    plink -load fhc

>google search for free proxy
    >begin shitpoasting anew

How hard is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah I get it, just think it's maybe a tad disproportionate. But then someone who does care about alt posting won't think that, just spouting a half formed opinion for a bit.
    Apparently you only half-read Entrox's post as well. Getting your username axed only happens if you get banned on your main, and then get banned on an alt. This is not a crusade against alt-posting, it's an anti-asshat measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah I get it, just think it's maybe a tad disproportionate. But then someone who does care about alt posting won't think that, just spouting a half formed opinion for a bit.
    Apparently you only half-read Entrox's post as well. Getting your username axed only happens if you get banned on your main, and then get banned on an alt. This is not a crusade against alt-posting, it's an anti-asshat measure.
    this~

sorry, i missed this one. yes, infractions are time based and only i and Don can set infinite infractions (as in, ones that will not expire). regarding unfair infractions, i've said it dozens of times, just let me know and i will look into them.
    Last edited by EntroX; November 20 2012 at 08:25:11 PM.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).