hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: alts and you

Post alts and you

so its starting to become a rather recurrent problem nowadays and i have been pushed by several people to finally clear up this "gray line" named ~alts~

most of you use them to rile up others, but another selective group uses it for another reason, ban evasion.

i want to clear something up, i am not telling you not to make an alt when your other account is banned, i am not your mother and i have no reason to tell you what to do, on the other hand i am responsible of ensuring an enjoyable experience for every single one of you so there are some slight rules that should be followed, anyways back on topic. while i could spend hours playing cat and mouse with you until either of us or both get bored of banning dozens of IP addresses, emails and other things i have come up with a more harsh solution to this problem.

if you get you "main" banned and you hop on one or several "alts" and get either of said alts banned, i will remove your "main" from the forum and block the name from registration, this is a process that cannot and will not be reversed, this simply means that you will lose your post count, reputation and sent/received private messages. the data will remain but it will be marked as posted by a guest rather than a registered user. infractions are simply formal requests to please behave yourself and if you will not oblige then i will make sure that your experience is ruined as much as possible since all you are doing is annoying others.

i will be the one and only person that will take this action and i genuinely hope i will never have to do so.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    the data will remain but it will be marked as posted by a guest rather than a registered user.
    Will there be anything to differentiate between guest labels if multiple accounts get nuked? I could foresee it getting quite confusing if we end up with a bunch of posts from someone named "guest" (especially if they're all arguing with each other).

it will show the username and say Guest below it.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to warrant having this done to them. I don't mind people posting on alt accounts to avoid bans either. I guess some people do.

Sort of a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to warrant having this done to them. I don't mind people posting on alt accounts to avoid bans either. I guess some people do.

Sort of a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post

Sort of a shame really.
    Guess someone minds

I got a little tired too of seeing people who were banned for a reason (mostly being massive asshats) just switch to an alt.

If you've decided you're going to be an asshole to people for no good reason, at least be man enough to handle the consequences too.

I was laughing at the no one being stupid enough part. I bet someone will be squashed before the year is over.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar

Sort of a shame really.
    I'm not sure you've understood the point here. People can jump on alt accounts to post while banned, that's fine. What people can't do is be all superbutthurt they were banned and go breaking rules on their alt account with no punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Yeah I get it, just think it's maybe a tad disproportionate. But then someone who does care about alt posting won't think that, just spouting a half formed opinion for a bit.

Can't really think of a better way to levy an actual punishment so. Yeah I largely agree with this.

Re: alts and you

Seems fair to me.

I'm not even joking.

Good idea tbh

And that's coming from captain awful

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    I was laughing at the no one being stupid enough part. I bet someone will be squashed before the year is over.
    Well good chance yeah

Yeah I get it, just think it's maybe a tad disproportionate. But then someone who does care about alt posting won't think that, just spouting a half formed opinion for a bit.

Can't really think of a better way to levy an actual punishment so. Yeah I largely agree with this.
    As you say no other real solution to it, its not really a problem if someone creates an alt to post then doesn't act like a retard until the main is unbanned.

But when some creates multiple alts and still posts pointless drivel to get attention it gets boring.

Re: alts and you

Designed for Xenosis being an asshat and getting BOTH his alts banned.whilst his main was banned. All from infractions. AND I understand that he a 10 infraction limit on his main, rather than the normal 5. So 20 infractions and he still can't stop being a prick about it.

Oh look, consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Designed for Xenosis being an asshat and getting BOTH his alts banned.whilst his main was banned. All from infractions. AND I understand that he a 10 infraction limit on his main, rather than the normal 5. So 20 infractions and he still can't stop being a prick about it.

Oh look, consequences.
    Tbh, if someone has had 3 accounts banned due to infractions AND his infractions needed for a temp ban are double that of the other posters... maybe it's time to do an actual perma ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post

Oh look, consequences.
    Tbh, if someone has had 3 accounts banned due to infractions AND his infractions needed for a temp ban are double that of the other posters... maybe it's time to do an actual perma ban.
    Pretty sure its not the first time he has had his main and an alt banned, you can usually tell when Xenosis gets banned as you'll see scamps then when he gets banned you'll see Rep posting

Perma bans are bad, even if the person in question is a fucking tard

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojomojo915 View Post
    Wrongo

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Can't we just ban all the alt accounts to start with?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rojomojo915 View Post
    Wrongo
    The problem with a perma ban is that they aren't permanent, the poster just makes an alt, or changes an IP or something. The cat and mouse game goes on until one side gets tired.