hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League of Legends Season 3 Theorycrafting Thread

League of Legends Season 3 Theorycrafting Thread

Here we go.

Any body have a list of the new/changed items with their stats which are currently on the test server?

http://www.in2lol.com/en/news/4813-p...n-item-changes Item overviews.

It seems like going by current info, Cassiopeia and Singed are going to be borderline firstpick or ban champs.

Cassiopeia will have access to a new item on that list called Liandri's Lament:

Liandry's Lament is the version of Blackfire Torch for Summoner's Rift. It is an item for AP carries that builds out of a Haunting Guise and an Amplifying Tome. Dealing spell damage will apply a DOT that burns enemies for a percentage of their current health over three seconds. This effect deals double damage if the target's movement is impaired.
    The thing here is that Cassiopeia naturally builds Rylai's on top of her W slow. So she'll be dealing double damage a majority of the time. She's already a strong presence in lane, with Liandry she'll be intense.

Singed is going to be much the same way with the Ohmwrecker item as well as Frozen Fist. Both come from items Singed is known to build (as in known to build, but doesn't always get) and give him HUGE defensive stats. On top of the fact he normally builds Rod of Ages and Rylai's, he may even get Liandry's as well. Ohm lets him towerdive with even more impunity, and presumably gives him the Glacial CDR + armor + Mana (further enhancing his tank) and Frozen Fist gives him more HP/mana and an AOE slow. Hell, he has a reason to build Archangel/Tear now given it'll proc off his Q.

Both champions are going to be extremely strong with S3, but given changes such as lane gold and such being lowered, there may be unseen balancing.

Now let's talk ADCs, the big thing is people seem to think Kog'Maw is going to be OP with Runaan's Hurricane. I've also seen people saying Vayne will be top tier with Sword of the Divine's remake.

Edit: Also another discussion going on over at Reddit (not the main subreddit, cause r/league loloooool) http://www.reddit.com/r/summonerscho...mation_thread/

Also people're starting to say new jungle will favor Sejuani over Nautilus, which is VERY interesting for me given that people refused to touch Sejuani because Naut was released so quickly after her.
    Last edited by Omega Supreme; November 19 2012 at 01:31:02 PM.

See, I think Liandry's Lament is going to buff Teemo and Vladimir extremely hard.

Teemo deals lots of DoT damage and can build a Frozen Mallet. Also, Malady (formerly a noob trap item) now scales off 10% of AP. Add in Runaan's Hurricane and Teemo's dealing 50% of AP to 3 targets per hit, and applying 2 different DoTs to all of them while slowing them.

Vladimir on the other hand, has extremely spammable spells and naturally builds a Rylai's as well, and basically always builds a Haunting Guise.

The most interesting build, for me, is Riven, for whom Black Cleaver and Tiamat have now become must-haves. The extra active on Tiamat means she can stack up the BC armor reduction on everyone in an AoE, making a Flash-W-Crescent-Q-Q-Q-R combo chunk literally everyone on a team for a million and a half damage. The only downside is that she can't use a Crystalline Flask, which is a great starting item option for anyone who uses mana.

Also supports have some incredible options with Mikael's remote cleanse + heal and Kage's AoE slow (perfect if you have an Amumu/Maokai/Malphite in the middle of their team).

Hunting guise upgrade will also work wonders on Diana.

Also lol cleanse in a item. Another must have item for support champs.

Rep
    brb buying riven

BTW, you can theorycraft your S3 masteries here: http://www.finalesfunkeln.com/s3/

Offense real poor for AD casters - can't get away from taking stupid shit like Havoc/Butcher/crit damage.

Defense crazy good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwergi View Post
    BTW, you can theorycraft your S3 masteries here: http://www.finalesfunkeln.com/s3/

Offense real poor for AD casters - can't get away from taking stupid shit like Havoc/Butcher/crit damage.

Defense crazy good, though.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dwergi again.
    Also Butcher was always good, helped lasthitting.

The new offense masteries are odd. I don't like the progression through the tree. Lots of bullshit.

Edit: I left important words out.

LS6

So many options for support now, I just sunk 27 points into the support tree because they all look good.......
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Also Butcher was always good, helped lasthitting.
    Don't get me wrong, I took a lot of Butcher, but it's still not as good as just straight up 2 AD or something. An AD carry's progression through the tree is just fine, though, so I think it must be an oversight or they're just trying to punish offensive bruisers and assassins (which seems weird, because they're under-represented right now). I can't see it being final, though, because it's pretty shitty for Talon/Riven/Zed/etc.

So Spellblade mastery seems interesting, but really 5% is too low to make a noticeable difference.

I'm not really so keen on the new jungle, or the new jungle items, season 1 jungle best jungle imo. glad they've changed season 2s jungle because it was far too easy.

As for the new jungle items, the AD version seems much stronger than the others, that said the tank version basically screams, buy mobility boots on the jungler.

And Nashors didn't need a nerf at all.

New Omen is really strong, generally speaking you can get much more health than season 2, ROA upgrade seems okay.

Manamune upgrade on Ryze + Haunting guise upgrade = crazy Q damage it would seem.

Frozen fist looks like a tanks wet dream, Lichbane got wrecked, it's utterly shit now. I don't think the Gunblade changes will do anything to make it viable.

Black Cleaver + timat seem good for AD's I feel timat might of been better if it still provided mp5, but meh.

I'm unsure if the change to Atmas is nerf, it is slightly weaker. But Atmas was by and large fairly shit season 2, but now there is a lot more health around, I still think it'll be shit however.

mid tier MR items got nerfed and the high tier ones got buffed out the wazzo.

I don't think melee AD carries will be viable still, but they're closer for sure.

Liandry's Lament on teemo is completely rediculous. Shrooms not only do a fair chunk of damage themselves, but they also slow, which means you take the full double lament damage on top of it (all with tons of magic penetration as well). In a PBE game as AD kayle, I was getting litterally chunked from 100% to sub 50% from a singular mushroom hit.

Thankfully the buffed banshee's veil is a decent answer to such bullshit, but Lament really takes shrooms from dangerous and cranks them all the way up to small nuclear mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxman View Post
    Black Cleaver + timat seem good for AD's I feel timat might of been better if it still provided mp5, but meh.
    Nah, not really. Most AD casters who had a shot at the limelight are manaless - think Riven, Renekton. Tryndamere could be pretty scary with Tiamat as well. I think the HP5 is wasted, it would be better off with token amounts of resists or HP.

Tryndamere also got buffed by Mercurial Scimitar existing. Being able to Cleanse Exhaust just after you ult will do wonders for him, and he might actually be one of those people who benefits from just farming for 11+ levels. However, I still think Riot should increase the gold in the jungle before 11, because at that point you can't just AFK farm without losing objectives and teamfights, and everyone else is strong enough to come and take your camps, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwergi View Post
    Nah, not really. Most AD casters who had a shot at the limelight are manaless - think Riven, Renekton. Tryndamere could be pretty scary with Tiamat as well. I think the HP5 is wasted, it would be better off with token amounts of resists or HP.

Tryndamere also got buffed by Mercurial Scimitar existing. Being able to Cleanse Exhaust just after you ult will do wonders for him, and he might actually be one of those people who benefits from just farming for 11+ levels. However, I still think Riot should increase the gold in the jungle before 11, because at that point you can't just AFK farm without losing objectives and teamfights, and everyone else is strong enough to come and take your camps, too.

Black Cleaver kinda benefits high attack speed carries over burst casters, Timat definitely benefits attack speed auto attacks.

Trynda got some good buffs, but so did Yi, dunno if he's going to be viable, but zephyr+scimitar is a lot of cc reduction, speed buffs and attack buffs.

Manaless AD casters were poweful due to poke/sustain battles, but with the introduction of the flask, it's going to be harder to shove someone out of lane.

Fun times, but I still feel that the jungle is kinda bad, and the jungle items are bad and should feel bad.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    i theorycraft that the game will still be shit

Black Cleaver kinda benefits high attack speed carries over burst casters, Timat definitely benefits attack speed auto attacks.
    Man, that's just wrong. Black Cleaver procs off any physical damage and doesn't have an internal cooldown. Tiamat has an active that causes AoE physical damage, while also splashing all your auto-attacks. It caps out at 30% armor reduction, so the question really is: how fast can you stack it on as many people as possible?

Riven wins, hands down. Flash/E + W + Tiamat active + Q + Q = full stacks in less than 2 seconds on as many people as were in range with no chance to retaliate. Third Q knocks back their team, then your ult decimates the entire team because none of them have very much armor anymore, and you've got a Brutalizer to penetrate the rest of it.

Then you get off another 1.0 ratio Tiamat active, and as many auto-attacks as you can that splash onto everyone (refreshing Black Cleaver stacks). Riven also stacks AD and will around mid-game have a shit-ton of it. Tiamat splashes your AD, which Riven has probably the most of in the game.

Black Cleaver benefits fast auto-attackers after it's been stacked, but AD casters definitely stack it way faster than any AD carry can.

The problem with Riven is that her abilities all affect a rather small area, save for her ultimate. And a full combination with auto attacks weaved in between takes a good bit of time.

I found the best way to play Riven at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    The problem with Riven is that her abilities all affect a rather small area, save for her ultimate. And a full combination with auto attacks weaved in between takes a good bit of time.
    There are definitely places where you can catch 3-5 people in your abilities. Think Baron or Dragon pit, or jungle entrances or people baiting you in a bush you have warded. When I play Riven, have GA and Flash up, that kind of 5-man cluster is my wet dream. Ult, Flash, stun, QQQ - they'll be highly unwilling to continue the fight after losing half their HP to a full combo. Auto-attacks are absolutely required for small fights, but her base damages are still high enough that you can absolutely spam away in a large teamfight and still be effective. Taking the time to AA while there's 5 people within melee range of you is probably not the wisest move, anyway.

With Tiamat and Black Cleaver, her AoE burst is going to be crazy good, and her ult will execute damn near anyone when they have 30% reduced armor. Even if Riven dies, I can almost guarantee that the AD carry will also be dead.

God I love Riven.