hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 691 of 713 FirstFirst ... 191591641681688689690691692693694701 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,820 of 14252

Thread: russian planes appreciation thread

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klesk View Post

Feel da burn
    [H5loop]http://gfycat.com/akldhbb.jpg[/img][/spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by F18 View Post
    i am gay for tam crooze

I thought i was gay.

Mig-29 vs Mig-29

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F18 View Post
    i am gay for tam crooze

I thought i was gay.
    i mean Top Gun was a top-gay movie, but does that really color your perception of the Tomcat that much Quackers?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Mig-29 vs Mig-29
    What do those lines mean when he's turning?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Mig-29 vs Mig-29
    AFAIK they are the trajectory of the bullets when you have your gun selected.

Would be kind of cool if more planes had over-wing loading as well. But I can understand why they don't. Aerodynamics and maintenance.

Mig-29 vs Mig-29
    doing this off Flaming Cliffs and memory anyway.

1. the parabel is projected lead required to hit the target provided by the onboard FCS, when you put the bottom of the parabel on the aircraft, and fire, then the rounds should hit.

2. the vertical lines essentially the cage-limit on the AA-11/R-71, once it's locking on you will get the little plane pictogram and the round bit, that's where the seeker head is looking when uncaged, once it's locked on the target will be bracketed by diamonds. (caged meaning looking straight ahead) the amazing bit of modern SRM's is their ability look about, the R-73 can, depending on variant hit a target up to 90 degrees off the angle of its rail, there's claims of fancy shit like having it, and contemporary dogfighting missiles doing full 180's and shooting over the shoulder and the like but how much of that is actually true, and how much is manufacturers pumping up their product is classified afaik.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Mig-29 vs Mig-29

1. the parabel is projected lead required to hit the target provided by the onboard FCS, when you put the bottom of the parabel on the aircraft, and fire, then the rounds should hit.

2. the vertical lines essentially the cage-limit on the AA-11/R-71, once it's locking on you will get the little plane pictogram and the round bit, that's where the seeker head is looking when uncaged, once it's locked on the target will be bracketed by diamonds. (caged meaning looking straight ahead) the amazing bit of modern SRM's is their ability look about, the R-73 can, depending on variant hit a target up to 90 degrees off the angle of its rail, there's claims of fancy shit like having it, and contemporary dogfighting missiles doing full 180's and shooting over the shoulder and the like but how much of that is actually true, and how much is manufacturers pumping up their product is classified afaik.
    Where/when was this, and which countries were the combatants from? (It looks like they are firing live rounds, so I assume its a proper conflict, not training...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
    (It looks like they are firing live rounds, so I assume its a proper conflict, not training...)
    Wat.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

They're really close to each other aswell. I thought plane on plane pvp is done at big ranges? Like a few kilometers apart.
    Also if two fighters are going after each other how come they dont just lock each other and fire? And when you hear missile alarm why dont you just spam flares?

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Mig-29 vs Mig-29

Where/when was this, and which countries were the combatants from? (It looks like they are firing live rounds, so I assume its a proper conflict, not training...)
    the shaking is the airframe pulling G's mate.

but Flankers versus Fulcrum has actually happened, here is a in-depth source on it.

They're really close to each other aswell. I thought plane on plane pvp is done at big ranges? Like a few kilometers apart.
    Also if two fighters are going after each other how come they dont just lock each other and fire? And when you hear missile alarm why dont you just spam flares?
    1. it's obviously gun-cam footage of training, but air forces do not neglect the close in aspects of air-combat, secondly you're underestimating the ranges involved rather significantly a MIG-29 is 18 meters long, and you're seeing a zoomed in box about 30x30 cm, here is a MIG-29 cockpit for reference, they are turning-and-burning at several hundred meters distance from each other at least, you cant really employ the cannon any further away than that.

2. you generally dont get a missile alarm on a IR seeker, i am sure the avionics on newer jets can warn of incoming IR missiles though. that's basically what he's trying to do in one segment with the vertical bars on it, it doesn't just happen instantly and even if he had a lock, the relative angles might be bad preventing a simulated launch from actually being successful.
    Last edited by Liare; July 16 2017 at 12:29:43 PM.
    Viking, n.:

Footage from a mock dogfight between two Bulgarian Airforce pilots - Colonel Rumen Radev and Viktor Hristov, both flying in Mig-29.
    Last edited by Klesk; July 16 2017 at 02:34:15 PM.

Heh, Rumen Rumen is current president of Bulgaria
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Is this a good thing?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Is this a good thing?

Spoiler:
    A pro-Russian leader in a Slav country with strong historic ties to Russia and with St Cyril (of the alphabet) being pretty much the national saint?

Nah, totally a good thing.
    nevar forget

RIAT

Heh. [Video=youtube;4z4j2crjrn4]https://secure.eveonline.com/ea1ke2m.gif[/img] is there if he wants it.

So RIAT 2017 was good. When not busy I managed to get a few shots. I don't have the lens that the pro's use, relying on my 70-200mm which restricts me in many ways.

Quick selection. Many more to sort out.
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    So RIAT 2017 was good. When not busy I managed to get a few shots. I don't have the lens that the pro's use, relying on my 70-200mm which restricts me in many ways.

Quick selection. Many more to sort out.
      Spoiler:

REP THIS MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

my favourite so far