hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 746 of 750 FirstFirst ... 246646696736743744745746747748749 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,920 of 14988

Thread: [PLANES] OKB Sukhoi appreciation fred

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    It also means that the 100P had probably FANTASTIC forward visibility in flight. No engine to obscure view and once you have a regular in flight attitude you probably had the best view possible short of a pusher plane or a jet.
    This does remind me of just how much i love the p63 kingcobra in the end. Always had a soft spot for them.

It's a Sukhoi 27

Replica of an Albatros DVa, Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

proofs?

Spoiler:
    I can tell by some pixels (and a bit of googel) it's a Su-35S.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    proofs?

Spoiler:
    How do u know? Facebook page says it's 27

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    proofs?

Spoiler:
    How do u know? Facebook page says it's 27
    well ur facebook page is wrong

i mean it's basically right - that is just another fucking Flanker but still wrong

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/455595.html

"12 красный" means "red 12"

also i'm vaguely sure that paint scheme is exclusive to KnAAPO-built 35S
    Last edited by RazoR; July 8 2018 at 11:07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovnea View Post

EDIT: I dont know why the high res version that ends with .gifv does not work.

For the context freaks:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying...Aerobatic_Team
    This seems inordinately risky.

Now bad@botes

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    an inch too low and the drag will instantly implode those planes like Japanese zeros in WW2

actually i'm surprised the water drag doesn't down them immediately tbh, it's throwing my understanding of physics out the window

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    an inch too low and the drag will instantly implode those planes like Japanese zeros in WW2

actually i'm surprised the water drag doesn't down them immediately tbh, it's throwing my understanding of physics out the window
    it's almost as if those round things on the bottom of the landing gear have the capability to spin separately from the plane itself, fuck knows why that might be useful.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

it's almost as if those round things on the bottom of the landing gear have the capability to spin separately from the plane itself, fuck knows why that might be useful.
    According to the article, they actually trained for the stunt. Astounding, isn't it? Also, at that speed, the wheels will hydroplane and it would require a bit of downwards pressure to sink them deep enough to sink in. The planes are all mechanical, so the pilots will have a bit of direct feeling for the water. So to speak.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

And then there is the ground effect but it's still dangerous as fuck. The moment you dip a wheel past it's centerline...

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

That;s not how things work you badlord

Hydroplaning makes sense though

Ah, so you're one of those who believe the plane takes off.

itt plane wheels are both frictionless and capable of moving the attached plane

so planes have powered wheels in Xenoland now ?

also, here is a explanation of the mechanism that actually allows said wheels to be functionally frictionless, since your insights into mechanical engineering are obviously on par with that of a body-pillow.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Probably actually tapered roller bearings but I am just nit picking.

wut

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar

The United Kingdom has welcomed home its first four F-35B advanced fighter aircraft, which will be flown by the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.

Colombian Air Force, IAI Kfir C10 fighter jets armed with Rafael Python V and Derby missiles train with a KC-767 tanker aircraft, in preparation for the Red Flag exercises of July 2018.

RAF are doing a centenary fly over in London today afaik? Take pics londonbros