hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3064

Thread: Elite: Dangerous (Kickstarter remake)

Just curious because I'm planning on building a new PC to play this - those of you who get decent framerates, what are your system specs?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Dante80 View Post
    Newsletter 44 is out. Mostly describing multiple ship ownership coming in beta3.
    Cool so I won't replaying this until then

@Steph - 4930k@4.3GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX680, works like a charm. Probably works great with a lot less.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Just curious because I'm planning on building a new PC to play this - those of you who get decent framerates, what are your system specs?
    2600K@4.4, 16GB Ram, GTX570 works fine at 1920x1080 full everything. I guess it would probably not work so well at higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Donor
    2500K @ 4.5GHz, 16GB RAM and 2 x 290s. I can't sustain 60fps with max settings at 2560x1400 with this rig. One 290 isn't powerful enough and Crossfire support isn't fully baked yet.

But the game is beta and not very well optimised, so I wouldn't buy anything based on how it's performing right now.

So I haven't actually played in a while. What is the point of the mini stations? Do they have a market?

Don't think I've seen any that have a market, but they have the mission hubs and refueling/repairing facilities. Can't remember if I've seen any with outfitting facilities.

Haven't been able to load into the game since 2.05, just get stuck on the spinning ship screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    Don't think I've seen any that have a market, but they have the mission hubs and refueling/repairing facilities. Can't remember if I've seen any with outfitting facilities.

Haven't been able to load into the game since 2.05, just get stuck on the spinning ship screen.
    I can only see the point in them in systems that don't have a big hub station..

I hope the whole '1 big station per system' is not going to be the final game. I would like to see some way of making money that didn't involve jumping all over the universe.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So I haven't actually played in a while. What is the point of the mini stations? Do they have a market?
    At the moment their main use is that some of them offer a different mix of missions, more slanted to shady stolen cargo and kill missions than the big stations.

Xenosis's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Anyway what's the deal with FHC multiplayer then? Can we start a group or do we just get a friends list?
    Can't do groups yet, but adding friends makes it a ton more likely you'll get together.

I get 60 FPS with i7 950, GTX 770 on max everything at 1920x1080. The client typically uses about 450-650 MB of RAM. Alt tabbing sometimes messes with the framerate (and sadly no borderless windowed mode), but re-alt tabbing a few times may fix it.
    Last edited by Minion; October 12 2014 at 05:10:07 PM.

Screw that. I'm waiting for Or. Buying a ship that can refuel itself and then going as far into the galaxy that I can. Explore the wonders

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    (and sadly no borderless windowed mode)
    I hope devs will actually implement this already.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    (and sadly no borderless windowed mode)
    I hope devs will actually implement this already.
    Yeah I really hope they introduce this feature soon, sucks when you got multiple monitors and don't have this

Tried this out with 360 controller and I couldn't figure out how to request docking permission on the first tutorial. Is mouse and keyboard better?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You still need keyboard sometimes.

Docking with controller (roughly):

press 1 (or2, sry early in the day) -> right bumper till you reach the coos tab -> Choose Station -> A and then you get permission to land

I am horrible at this; are there any good "flight schools" covering the both basics (as in how the hell do I fly this thing) to more advanced stuff?

Edit: Found this - going to chekc it out tonight.
    Last edited by morpheps; October 13 2014 at 08:26:44 AM.

You mean, like tutorials?

@Steph; i5 750 @ 3.7GHz, Radeon 6850; can run 1080p with most things turned up to max, no FPS issues.

Does anyone else have a bug where a station disappears (or part disappears) when you get <5km from it? Has happened a few times now and is an utter bitch when trying to dock.

As mentioned earlier, I found docking pretty tricky on a 360 gamepad. Finally purchased an old PS3 camera (FaceTrackNoIR) and a Thrustmaster HOTAS T-Flight and docking seems a lot easier. I think I'll definitely look at the Oculus Rift and a decent HOTAS stick once the game is released.

Edit: I agree on the flight tutorials thing. Whilst I worked it out eventually, I can see a lot of people getting frustrated with the flight mechanics and simple stuff (like docking), rage quitting, and going straight to Metacritic with their opinion. Bear in mind that ED is reintroducing a flight mechanic and approach to space sims that hasn't really been seen in the past 20 years (since the original Elite). A few tutorials on how the ship behaves differently with FA on/off, docking, cargo scooping, etc. would make the game a lot more accessible to casuals.

Edit 2: Elite was 1984... fuck, 30 years!
    Last edited by firefoxx80; October 13 2014 at 11:18:17 AM.
    Free Clamdong!

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxx80 View Post
    @Steph; i5 750 @ 3.7GHz, Radeon 6850; can run 1080p with most things turned up to max, no FPS issues.

Does anyone else have a bug where a station disappears (or part disappears) when you get <5km from it? Has happened a few times now and is an utter bitch when trying to dock.

As mentioned earlier, I found docking pretty tricky on a 360 gamepad. Finally purchased an old PS3 camera (FaceTrackNoIR) and a Thrustmaster HOTAS T-Flight and docking seems a lot easier. I think I'll definitely look at the Oculus Rift and a decent HOTAS stick once the game is released.

Edit: I agree on the flight tutorials thing. Whilst I worked it out eventually, I can see a lot of people getting frustrated with the flight mechanics and simple stuff (like docking), rage quitting, and going straight to Metacritic with their opinion. Bear in mind that ED is reintroducing a flight mechanic and approach to space sims that hasn't really been seen in the past 20 years (since the original Elite). A few tutorials on how the ship behaves differently with FA on/off, docking, cargo scooping, etc. would make the game a lot more accessible to casuals.

I have had 0 problems with docking.

Not exaggerating, and I do stupid shit like approach at near full speed and split-S into parking. How the fuck can people have trouble?

(My money is on them being shitlord console kiddies with no experience in PC master race flight sim glory. Get rekt. Elite does not care about you.)

Indeed I cannot fathom how people fail to dock, compared to the original Elite this is very forgiving, and you can fly through in a sidewinder at 90 degrees to the letterbox opening and still be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxx80 View Post

I have had 0 problems with docking.

Not exaggerating, and I do stupid shit like approach at near full speed and split-S into parking. How the fuck can people have trouble?

(My money is on them being shitlord console kiddies with no experience in PC master race flight sim glory. Get rekt. Elite does not care about you.)
    Hels. C.

No offense firefoxx80 unless you are a console scrub.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.