hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFT data files for Retribution

EFT data files for Retribution

These replacement data files will add the Retribution 1.0 changes -- at least, all the ones announced so far -- to EFT 2.16.

What they have (and links to relevant dev threads):

* Tiericided Attack Cruisers (Omen/Caracal/Thorax/Stabber)
    * Tiericided Combat Cruisers (Maller/Moa/Vexor/Rupture)
    * Tiericided EW Cruisers (Arbitrator/Blackbird/Celestis/Bellicose)
    * Tiericided Support Cruisers (Augoror/Osprey/Exequror/Scythe)

* Rebalanced Coercer/Cormorant/Catalyst/Thrasher
    * New Tier2 destroyers
    - Standard Missile Launcher fitting reductions
    - Drone Damage Amplifier buffs

* Tiericided EW Frigates (Crucifier/Griffin/Maulus/Vigil)
    * Tiericided Support Frigates (Inquisitor/Bantam/Navitas/Burst)
    * Tiericided Combat Frigates (Kestrel/Tristan/Breacher)
    * Tiericided Exploration Frigates (Magnate/Heron/Imicus/Probe)

* All published missile changes:
    - Guided Missile Precision skill, GP-8xx hardwires, and Warhead Rigor rigs now affect rockets/hams/torps
    - Light missile buffs
    - Heavy missile nerfs
    - T2 missile changes
    - Powergrid reductions for HAMs
    * Powergrid reductions for medium artillery and all medium lasers
    * Hurricane grid nerf
    * Fitting and cycle-time reductions for small remote reps
    * Fitting reductions for medium remote reps

* New ORE Mining Frigate "Dasher" (and Mining Frigate skill)
    * Salvage Drone (and Salvage Drone Operation skill)

* EWar Changes
    * ASB Nerfs
    * Target Spectrum Breaker / Reactive Armor Hardener Buffs
    * Microjumpdrive
    * Afterburner skill changes

Downloads:

There's two packages of the data files:
    * Append mode -- All changed modules/ships are copied with "NEW " prefixed. This is easiest if you want to keep using that EFT install for current ships.
    * Replace mode -- All changed modules/ships are directly changed. This is easiest if you want to copy EFT to a separate folder and use it just for Retribution planning.

I've also posted the source code for the tool I'm using to create these (ZIP). Will need a C++11 compiler with Boost to build it; I use MinGW. eftlib/* contains the tools to read/write the EFT data files; eftmodlib/* contains the deltas between TQ and Retribution.

I've tested all the ships and modules, and don't see any issues thus far; if you see any inaccuracies or bugs, let me know.
    To install it, just copy them over the original DAT files in EFT's data\ folder. (Don't forget to make a backup.)
    They are ONLY compatible with EFT 2.16. You will get "Floating point divide by zero" errors if you try to use it on older versions.

Edit: Updated with new files on 11/25. Afterburner skill change (devpost), Sensor Comp skill nerf (devpost), Tier2 Destroyer buffs (devpost)
    Last edited by Namamai; November 23 2012 at 10:23:05 PM.

cheers friend

some quick fits, no implants and probably not optimal:

If I wanted to kite around in Tech 1 Cruiser this Winter I'd still choose the Rupture over the Stabber. The Rupture needs its speed nerfed and the Stabber needs more fitting or drones or something.
    Last edited by Resi; October 12 2012 at 10:43:13 PM.

cripes, looks like speed is the new Heavy Missile.

Now that you mention it the Stabber will be faster than most AF's, which I'm okay with.

Maybe it doesn't need a boost, then vOv

Surely destroyers can't remain this slow in relation to cruisers?

Not really sure I like the idea of any cruiser, much less a tier 3 bc, being able to out run frigs and destroyers. Oh well, still looking forward to the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Yeah, I'm not liking that either. (To be fair, the Stabber could outrun destroyers before Retri; otoh, nobody cared, because it was a fucking Stabber.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Not really sure I like the idea of any cruiser, much less a tier 3 bc, being able to out run frigs and destroyers. Oh well, still looking forward to the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Namamai View Post
    Yeah, I'm not liking that either. (To be fair, the Stabber could outrun destroyers before Retri; otoh, nobody cared, because it was a fucking Stabber.)
    Hm, that sounds strangely familiar. Didn't we have a thread about this just recently, which got trolled into the ground by page 2 or so, despite some pretty valid arguements? Could we point CCP into fixing this issue before the (new) destroyers and rebalanced frigates become stillborn as soon as the winter-expansion is released?

Looks baller as hell as a 0.0 solo/small gang roamer / ganker. 1.9km/s before heat + 800dps with CN AM. 21K EHP so by no means a glass cannon either, it certainly can take a bit of punishment itself. Fantastic DPS for dropping ratters and should be able to take down badly flown Vagabond/Cynabal pilots, and bad BCs, + most other HACs and cruisers providing they aren't fit for brawling.

Trades off 100~ DPS, 450m/s speed and small amount of agility, but gains an extra 15k EHP and an utility mid. Feel free to swap the TD out for whatever your favourite utility midslot EWAR mod is, (second web, small cap booster etc.)

That rupture is imo too powerful.
    For comparison here you have a cookie cutter vaga:

Also the new vexor is also lol. Hac line up is really in need of a buff.

Scythe. Mind = blown

This fit is close enough on cap stable without the MWD running. Not sure if i like having logis so easily aquired and so cheap.

There is no Such Thing as overkill only varying degrees of efficiency.

I have no problem with fragile, middling DPS kiting Cruisers being generally faster than AF's and Destroyers, if they were faster than Inties and T1 Frigs then there'd be a problem.

They need to rethink giving the Rupture a 48 m/s base speed boost, it's already a fine kiting ship as it is on Tranquility. If it were slower there'd be a more of a defined choice between the Stabber and Rupture as kiting ships.
    Last edited by Resi; October 13 2012 at 06:41:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resi View Post
    I have no problem with fragile, middling DPS kiting Cruisers being generally faster than AF's and Destroyers, if they were faster than Inties and T1 Frigs then there'd be a problem.
    Yeah, this attitude I still don't understand.

have no problem with fragile, middling DPS kiting Cruisers being generally faster than AF's and Destroyers, if they were faster than Inties and T1 Frigs then there'd be a problem.
    So tell us, what's the role of destroyers in your eyes? If there's a cruiser that does all the frig-killing and does it better in pretty much every regard then the destroyer, is faster, has more hitpoints, has more range and more DPS, then what is the destroyer for? Want anti-frigate support for a cruiser gang? Use the cruiser. Want anti-frigate support for a battleship gang? Use the cruiser. Want anti-frigate support for a frigate gang? Use the cruiser... What kind of shit is that? Destroyers don't even have a place at salvaging anymore, so what reason does anyone have to fly a destroyer outside of some very restricted and staged battles?

And the same is true for AFs. What's their role in your eyes? I thought they were supposed to eat other frigates or be the frigate-up against bigger ships. Again, you can just use the cruiser and only gain from it, except for warp-offski.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; October 13 2012 at 07:09:02 PM.

I don't understand your viewpoint either, having ALL Frigates and Destroyers faster than Cruisers makes everything neat and tidy but it seems silly from a balance point of view when you start considering the roles of the ships you're comparing and their various weaknesses and strengths.

They need to rethink giving the Rupture a 48 m/s base speed boost, it's already a fine kiting ship as it is on Tranquility. If it were slower there'd be a more of a defined choice between the Stabber and Rupture as kiting ships.
    I'll need to double check, but I think you've just made the Rupture slower than the new Thorax.

I'll need to double check, but I think you've just made the Rupture slower than the new Thorax.
    I didn't say remove the 48 m/s boost completely, just tone it down, altohugh it did come across like I was implying that.

I don't understand your viewpoint either, having ALL Frigates and Destroyers faster than Cruisers makes everything neat and tidy but it seems silly from a balance point of view when you start considering the roles of the ships you're comparing and their various weaknesses and strengths.
    So then, tell us which are the strenghts of the destroyers? What can they do, that something like the new Stabber or a Thorax or the Vexor can not or actually any of the cruisers? Roemy made a nice little diagramm in another thread, lemme see where it is... Ah, here:

What's speaking for the destroyers? They have less damage projection then any cruiser. They have less EHP then any cruiser. Only few of them are actually faster then cruisers, most are just as fast as the slower cruisers at best (Thrasher beeing the odd man out). Your only strenght compared to a cruiser is your sig and sig is worth jack shit at longer ranges, especially fo you lack teh speed to capitalize on it versus "physically stronger" ships.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; October 13 2012 at 07:05:42 PM.

OK, maybe we can give some frigs or destroyers, more slots, more EHP, more cap or fittings than some cruisers just to make everything nice and nonesensical.

Is that really such a bad thing? The Thorax should be the second fastest Cruiser next to the Stabber. It's an Attack Cruiser. The Rifter isn't faster than the Taranis/Ares just because it's Minmatar.

I also think the Vexor needs to lose some speed, 1900m/s is pretty ridiculous for it (Its only 50m/s slower than the Thorax, and is faster than the Omen, it has the lowest mass for a Cruiser in the entire game except for Cynabal so despite having a slower base m/s its actually pretty fast). I'd say 1750 m/s roughly would be fair for a blaster heavy drone brawler to get on top of shit without stepping on the Thorax/Omen too much.