hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1263

Thread: DEAD CELEBRITY MEGATHREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    He wasn't the best actor but I liked him.
    Well said. +1

Only human to be killed by a Terminator, an Alien and a Predator.
    Huh, nice.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Lance Henriksen also shared that distinction of being killed by a Terminator, Predator, and Alien.

But since he played an android in Alien, Candy's point still stands.

Super Moderator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

He wasn't the best actor but I liked him. Only human to be killed by a Terminator, an Alien and a Predator.
    somewhere, sean bean is ringing his agent.

Was planning to release a new album this year, too.

but he had a good run. I'm bummed he went before this years album and tour. I never got to see him.

I've took the chance back in 2008 to visit a concert of him. It was a double header with Jerry Lee Lewis. Call me sinister, but one of the reasons for me to buy the ticket was "That'll probably the last chance to watch two legends alive.".

Jerry Lee Lewis delivered a good show. And while his age showed here and there in the vocal parts, there was nothing to complain. But Berry OTOH ... oh boy ... his guitar play was just terrible. He still delivered a very good show and vocals were alright. But as sad as it was, I felt he should have stopped playing the guitar leave and leave it to his son (IIRC).

I nonetheless don't regret that I went to see him. I'm not much of a Rock'n'Roll fan, but without Chuck all my favorite guitar slingers wouldn't exist. As fa as I'm concerned, he both gave birth to what we call "Riffs" these days and how to do "some serious posing" (as a guitar player).

I bid my farewell to you, Chuck.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Another musician has died. But you probably haven't heard of him.

http://www.startribune.com/obituary-...ism/417376093/
    John Carl Ylvisaker was a rarity: A widely traveled musician rooted in Minnesota, and a self-effacing man whose music was sung by thousands across the world.

Ylvisaker, one of the most popular composers of contemporary Lutheran music, died March 9 of multiple system atrophy at his home in Waverly, Iowa. He was 79.

Gracia Grindal, a professor of rhetoric at St. Paul’s Luther Seminary for 30 years, called Ylvisaker the “Bob Dylan of Lutheranism.” It’s no coincidence, she said, that both Ylvisaker and Dylan were highly influenced by the protest music of Pete Seeger. “He was a genius, no question about it,” said Grindal, who performed poetry with Ylvisaker. “And he didn’t have any sense of his genius.”

Friends and family described Ylvisaker, who composed more than 2,000 hymns, as a prolific musician whose creativity never waned, even as his voice and body did in later years. His hymn “I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry,” a gentle ballad sung in countless baptisms and church services, is known around the world.

“He knew that it had to be recognizable,” Grindal said of his music. “So he used folk. Because that’s deeply memorable music. It comes out of the ground.”
    Before my parents were married, they attended church at a small Minneapolis area church where Ylvisaker was music director and saw him perform several times. To this day, "I Was There To Hear Your Borning Cry" remains my favorite hymn, and I've sung it countless times.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Kakehashi I. san, founder of Roland Corp has died.

You've heard his work...
    meh

[Disregard]

Charlie Murphy passed from leukemia today.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/12/charli...murphy-brother

sad times; his work on chappelle show is really what made it great

Will miss you DARKNESS

J.Geils died yesterday. Love still stinks (for some of you).

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Michael Ballhaus died, German cinematographer, who made his career in Hollywood, being director of photography for such movies as Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, Scorcese's Dracula, The Fabulous Baler Boys.

Pyotr Mikhailovich Prusov, lead engineer and creator of Niva died a month ago, on 19th march, aged 75.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Pyotr Mikhailovich Prusov, lead engineer and creator of Niva died a month ago, on 19th march, aged 75.

So famous noone noticed for a month!
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

So famous noone noticed for a month!
    +1

This one has also gone unrecognized:

Robert "Bob" Taylor died on April 13th. He's one of the many "fathers" of the internet as we know it. He worked at ARPA back in 1966 an convinced the ARPA director to spend 1 million $ for creating a "computer network". He also did oversee the creation of the Xerox Alto, which is considered to be the blueprint of anything GUI we've got these days on our machines.

Rosey of WWE fame died, part of the Three Minute Warning tag team of the early 2000's, he was also the brother of Roman Reigns.

Undertaker got his revenge for Reigns beating him at Wrestlemania.

Apparently Aaron Hernandez just killed himself. WTG I guess.