hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL- SOLOTOP thread

Seems as good as any place to put it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCSZk...layer_embedded

Solotop guide to Irelia from Wickd, via Razer Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces View Post
    tma about ap rengar
    Don't do it anymore. AD Rengar outtrades everyone, because double Q is stupid burst at all levels. Your heal doesn't scale up anyway, so you're better off just not pushing (as AP Rengar does) and killing/pushing out the enemy at level 1 instead.

If you're purple, you can use your Q on golems a few times (Q, run away, let reset, Q, etc.) to get to 3/4 Ferocity pre-lane. Then just jump on them as soon as they show up, Q-Q-Ignite. They either die or back. Free lane win.

Tma: lategame rengar.

IKve lost a lane badly (0/3 in 10m, behind badly on farm) got enough hp/resists/speed to not be so diveable, stopped letting him kill me mid, and then lategame when he's 6/0 from roaming (yep, I got a lot of smack in/team about that, fairly I guess) he couldn't even duel down carries, and was completely shut down by me being useful and ccing him when he tried to do anything. Also shut down fairly hard by warding bushes near fights.

How does he even work? Is it just outright win early or lose match like shaco?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    How does he even work? Is it just outright win early or lose match like shaco?
    Not really, but he does become a pure assassin. It depends what you build, to be honest. Rengar can afford to get a single damage item generally (Triforce/BT) + necklace. Rest is situational - GA, Randuin's, Hexdrinker, etc. The problem is that by buying necklace you need to snowball - 6/0 isn't even that great for Rengar, because you need lots of kills.

Rengar really just needs to be late to the fight and clean up, or he needs to catch the AD/AP/support out of position and just instagib them before the fight even starts. He's not necessarily win early or lose, because he does scale pretty monstrously. Having a Rengar jump on the enemy carry and force them out of the fight immediately is very useful, and because his Q scales off total AD (and not just bonus) he can do fine building mostly tanky if he's doing badly.

Of course, you pick Rengar to win lane and push towers, the latter at which he's very, very good because of Q applying to towers and his ult letting him run away. If you leave a Rengar alone in a lane for 20 seconds, that tower is guaranteed to be gone.

Sorry, this isn't very well thought-out. Basically Rengar should win early and snowball out of control. If he doesn't, he can still be useful by building tanky, split pushing and jumping on the AD in teamfights. However, he'll always be pretty squishy.
    Last edited by Dwergi; November 9 2012 at 09:24:26 AM.

So I decided to try the dreaded Spirit Visage + Warmog + Force of Nature Garen.

I...oh dear fucking god I will miss it. 300 HP/5 and that's without masteries/runes. At low level summoners. Holy shit that is retarded. I knew it was full retard on Mundo, but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    So I decided to try the dreaded Spirit Visage + Warmog + Force of Nature Garen.

I...oh dear fucking god I will miss it. 300 HP/5 and that's without masteries/runes. At low level summoners. Holy shit that is retarded. I knew it was full retard on Mundo, but wow.
    I really do think that Garen is currently sleeper OP. His laning becomes pretty trivially easy once you grab a few Doran's Shields, and are you seriously ever going to chase Garen? When they changed his passive, they really kind of broke him. If you're not ranged (ie. Jayce), it's impossible to keep it down and with it up no damage you do sticks for more than 30 seconds.

Garen is still way too easily kited to be sleeper op unfortunately, mobility creep too strong

Thing is, Garen can completely and utterly shit on a lane. Then he does nothing because it's Garen.

In theory your job in teamfights is to destroy AP carries - in reality you get kited all around the fight until you're forced to blow flash to get on top of the AP carry and then die.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

What's the currently recommended way to play Irelia? I keep meaning to learn her properly

2 gp5s, max q, feed uncontrollably, blame the jungler

If you're not edna

R>W>E>Q. Build a couple of defense items responsively to your lane - against physical Lantern + Tabi, against magical Mercs and Wit's End. Some combination of Lantern, Wit's and def boots should be your core items. Sit and farm all day, you scale really really well. Build on-hit - Triforce is nice if you're raping but not a core item. Randuins is great. Even though the hp regen from FoN was wasted I felt like it was still a good item, Irelia loves move speed. Guardian's Angel is core. Frozen Mallet is nice. Fight the lane if you have to, you have good burst at 6 and above.

She's a bruiser, you know how to build bruisers right?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    If you're not edna

R>W>E>Q. Build a couple of defense items responsively to your lane - against physical Lantern + Tabi, against magical Mercs and Wit's End. Some combination of Lantern, Wit's and def boots should be your core items. Sit and farm all day, you scale really really well. Build on-hit - Triforce is nice if you're raping but not a core item. Randuins is great. Even though the hp regen from FoN was wasted I felt like it was still a good item, Irelia loves move speed. Guardian's Angel is core. Frozen Mallet is nice. Fight the lane if you have to, you have good burst at 6 and above.

She's a bruiser, you know how to build bruisers right?
    Ehh, generally accepted practice actually is to build Phage first, then see what you need. Generally Trinity Tank still works on her, only now you add in Wit's End sometime before completing Triforce, or shortly after it. There's rare cases to take Mallet, such as if you're on a retard team with no CC, or against somebody you need fuckloads of HP against (IE Darius).

I would say Triforce + GA is absolutely core on Irelia. Wit's End is great, but not absolutely essential if the enemy team is low on AP damage.

I also, personally, like to max Q before E. I know the paper arguments for maxing E second (longer stuns, more damage), but in practice the reduced CD on Q always makes me miss it when I test maxing E.

Also, don't build GP10 unless you're against an easy lane (eg. Vlad). Jax, Olaf - definitely rush your core items.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwergi View Post
    I would say Triforce + GA is absolutely core on Irelia. Wit's End is great, but not absolutely essential if the enemy team is low on AP damage.

I also, personally, like to max Q before E. I know the paper arguments for maxing E second (longer stuns, more damage), but in practice the reduced CD on Q always makes me miss it when I test maxing E.

Also, don't build GP10 unless you're against an easy lane (eg. Vlad). Jax, Olaf - definitely rush your core items.
    Wit's End is core regardless of whether or not they have heavy AP. The onhit damage + ASPD is what Irelia loves having, and she scales retardedly well with ASPD, there's really no reason not to get it. Especially since they're removing Ionic Spark.

Re: LOL- SOLOTOP thread

Q has tiny scaling and applies all your AD. E has great scaling and doesn't.

Sabotaged by Aurocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Q has tiny scaling and applies all your AD. E has great scaling and doesn't.

Sabotaged by Aurocorrect
    I still like Q max because of the reduced cooldown, makes mid-game chases/teamfights much betterer.

So, with the new items on the PBE, I've been considering what to build on Riven for S3.

Options are:

Doran's Blades (lifesteal changed to 5 life on hit, which is superior until 166 damage post-resists)
    Sightstone (free wards forever, upgrades to give more health)
    Black Cleaver (great build path, absolutely core IMO)
    Ravenous Hydra (more AoE damage, AoE AD nuke)
    Mercurial Scimitar (against high AP damage probably better than Maw, builds from QSS)
    Maw of Malmortius (less MR, kind of a useless passive)
    Guardian Angel (passive still OP, now respawns with 30%, which is superior at 2500 HP)
    Blade of the Ruined King (active slow, nice heals, decent build path, but maybe not ideal for Riven)
    Bloodthirster (old stalwart, but doesn't really offer anything the others don't)
    Last Whisper (required for late-game viability)

I think I may go something like:
    Boots > Doran's Blade (x2?) > Sightstone > Brutalizer > Tiamat > Vamp Scepter > Black Cleaver > Ravenous Hydra > Guardian Angel > situational

Black Cleaver currently only requires 4 stacks to reach 30% armor reduction, Tiamat gives another way to stack it. Q-Q-Q-Crescent-W-R will absolutely chunk if you max W.

That said: Riven will be OP as fuck with these items. Looking forward to it.

Wondering similar things for Irelia.
    Past build was:
    Merc treads
    Hog > Randuins
    Sheen > TF
    Wits
    Atmas
    LW / Warmogs

Couple of things struck me about the new items:
    No Hog means pretty shitty options for gp5. What do you pick now, avarice > ghostblade (assuming it doesn't suck now)? Or Statikk Shiv? How long does that thing take to stack up?

Also potentially nice are:
    Frozen fist instead of TF - aoe slow, cd reduction, armor. All nice to have
    Zephyr - attack, AS, move, and tenacity - win
    New locket rather than Randuins? - It gets moar hp and the damage shield, plus frozen fist has some of your missing armor
    Mercurial scimitar could also be useful (damage, mr, move speed and cleanse active), but it looks to be v. expensive

Thinking I'd build:
    Mercs
    Avarice (sell?)
    Frozen fist
    Wits
    Zephyr
    Atmas
    Locket

W-Q-engage-aoe slow-E tank/bruiser-aoe slow-locket-R-R-R-R-aoe slow again.

Should end with similar damage/as and much more cc while not getting much squishier (randuins + tf is currently 550 hp, current locket = 300).
    Last edited by Alenar Rumanev; November 21 2012 at 08:08:02 PM.

I am best Darius. Ask me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    I am best Darius. Ask me anything.
    Can you win against lee sin?