hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL- SOLOTOP thread

LOL- SOLOTOP thread

cant see another topic about this so here we go

Shen is obviously the best but always banned. if he isnt i play him. otherwise shyvana

infact shyvana is so good it is basicly lol on easy mode, i used to play allot of rumble but the nerf really hurt him, yorick and co (the high regen guys) are good but play a pretty passive lane and dont have the counter jungleing abilities of shyvana.

sometimes if we have a kennen mid or a fiddlesticks its worth going vladimir top to make their ults even more horrible

so yeh shen, shyv, vlad ...win

lost lane last night to an irelia because i was retarded

Warwick.

WW absolutely shits on shen btw

I know. I can post a guide.

Even though no one really plays ww top anymore the ones that i see seem to be so so so bad. Its making me upset because BOSSWICK is #1 in my heart. Like, ww in my last game picked ww into olaf, said "np i rape him," started fairy charm + 3 pots + 2 wards into straight philo with no boots. It went about as well as expected.

Some random 1400 guy posted a new ww guide on solomid that got accepted and the guide is just horrible imo, he goes like 21/9 runs mana regen yellows or blues and builds wriggles and then normal bruiser build instead of cdr/tanky. Just makes no sense to me because that throws away the huge strongpoints of ww (ridic free sustain, effective health from q spam, can build tank in lane and still do respectable damage) and just turns him into a meh bruiser with bad survivability.

Edit: Oh and he also builds triforce as a core item because it "has every stat that ww could want!" Nevermind the fact that ww is a horrible farmer and for the price of triforce you could get wits end, glacial shroud, cloth armor, and still have money left for wards. Triforce CORE
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 21 2012 at 05:39:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenOne View Post
    Even though no one really plays ww top anymore the ones that i see seem to be so so so bad. Its making me upset because BOSSWICK is #1 in my heart. Like, ww in my last game picked ww into olaf, said "np i rape him," started fairy charm + 3 pots + 2 wards into straight philo with no boots. It went about as well as expected.

Some random 1400 guy posted a new ww guide on solomid that got accepted and the guide is just horrible imo, he goes like 21/9 runs mana regen yellows or blues and builds wriggles and then normal bruiser build instead of cdr/tanky. Just makes no sense to me because that throws away the huge strongpoints of ww (ridic free sustain, effective health from q spam, can build tank in lane and still do respectable damage) and just turns him into a meh bruiser with bad survivability.

Edit: Oh and he also builds triforce as a core item because it "has every stat that ww could want!" Nevermind the fact that ww is a horrible farmer and for the price of triforce you could get wits end, glacial shroud, cloth armor, and still have money left for wards. Triforce CORE
    Solomid in shittier quality control than CCP, nonshock.

Also I wouldn't read a guide unless it was on r/ss, here or written by somebody I knew was a confirmed pro/streamer and actually knew. There's far too many bad guides on Solomid. They also don't tend to update either, iirc Chaox hasn't updated his Vayne guide since release for example.

It's because Chaox can't play Vayne for shit. Want Vayne guide google "razor academy vayne doublelift"

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    It's because Chaox can't play Vayne for shit. Want Vayne guide google "razor academy vayne doublelift"
    That was just the first example that came to mind, a more prominent would be Westrice and his Akali guides.

Akali hasn't changed in a long time though, and her mechanics are still the same. Westrice is probably still in the top 4 or 5 Akali players globally, too. Only thing that might have changed is you don't want to rush Gunblade anymore.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

rush a deathcap manmode

Best Akali build is two hats, two vests and then two guns.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I really love running Jayce top. He has almost no direct counters, can level Q for poke harass + instant wave clears, and E for obscene trading and kills. Later on you are a monster in team fights, with massive poke damage and best-in-class chasing ability (although rengar and kha'zix may challenge him there). So long as you stay on top of your wards, you are very difficult to kill with E move-speed and knockback as well. Just give them a jayce to their face and carry the game!

Rengar can outpoke him on shorter cd's, should be able to win, all he really has to do is build some early armor and engage near brushes to jump back on him after he knocks you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    Rengar can outpoke him on shorter cd's, should be able to win, all he really has to do is build some early armor and engage near brushes to jump back on him after he knocks you back.
    I actually played this matchup last night. Rengar I would consider a hard counter vs. jayce. Rengar just ranks up W, jumps on jayce and double casts the shout, doing a ton of damage to jayce (even if you don't go AP rengar, the damage of this ability in the laning phase is very high without any +AP). Even if jayce responds with E a fully leveled thunderhammer, Rengar is still coming out way ahead in the trade thanks to the 15% hp gain (and the fact you will be hammering into rengar's improved resists from the shout).

Jayce will also run into mana problems sooner rather than later, while Rengar can stay in lane forever and ever and ever. If Jayce ever gets low, Rengar's ult is pretty much a 100% chance at the kill, and Rengar can also use his ult for a near 100% chance to escape any jungler pressure post-6. Really, I think Jayce's jungler would have to camp top lane hard for the first 10 minutes to give Jayce a chance. Otherwise his only real option is to level Q, get mana regen, and just turn it into a farmlane where Rengar pushes, and then jayce Q+E's the wave at tower. Problem here is that Rengar can then roam with near-impunity once his ult is up.
    Last edited by Vortex; September 26 2012 at 09:30:25 PM.

Well, good thing Rengar is now banned 24/7.

Rengar hard counters everyone afaik

Also, just got Jayce been playing him a bunch but def disagree with you saying he is a monster in team fights and has best in class chasing ability. His poke is great and his combo does good damage so hes good during sieges but late game team fights unless megafed he seems pretty shitty compared to almost everyone else top. You basically are a subpar peeler AD casters 4tl. Also WW clearly #1 chaser
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 28 2012 at 09:36:39 PM.

Depends how you build. Jayce can go one of two (well actually several but for the purposes of this discussion two) ways:

1) AD Caster/Assassin. Building big ticket AD items (Edge, Bloodthirster, Triforce) you use your max attack speed and your E+Q in ranged form to poke as much as possible, then as soon as someone is below half health you leap in with a Q+W+E to murdercate them. Rinse, repeat.

2) Bruiser/AD Caster. Building a mix of survivability and tank (Triforce, Randuin's, GA, Maw) you again use the E+Q to init, but cast W in range form and then leap into the team fight, relying on your AoEs (Q+W are both AoE) and your insane 20% of max health knockback to be disruptive as fuck and keep people out of the fight.

Of course he's a lot more nuanced than this and the best Jayce players are constantly kiting in and out of fights, going from ranged to melee and back again, to get the most of the bonus effects and triforce procs.

Ya but either way he doesn't bring much to a teamfight once it starts compared to most tops imo. He has no gamechanging ult like say a ww and has no real initiation like say a ww. He brings a TON of utility to a team with his gate and poke which more than makes up for it and he has very strong laning vs almost everyone. All I was disagreeing with his that he is a boss team fighter/late game and a good chaser . Jayce also can't pretty much single handedly carry teams if fed unlike say a ww

tl;dr BOSSWICK still #1
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 29 2012 at 04:22:36 AM.

tma about ap rengar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Fasces View Post
    tma about ap rengar
    W

It's your damage. It's your heal. It doesn't heal any more than AD rengar's W. You'll be tankier early game, then fall off hard late game.