hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: [SIM Racing] - Live for Speed, iRacing, Richard burns rally and the likes

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    S1900 yeah, we tune for A800 a lot for fun races, search for failheap or FHCR on the clan page thing, put in an app and shout at people on discord till we accept you

What's your xbox name think I can invite you from the app

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    fucking hell, cant remember, Liare i think ? drop me yours and i will poke you ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

There's a Black Friday iRacing deal at the moment, to get a year's sub at 30% for $77 (plus tax.) PREARLY30OFF12. There's also two years for $140 PREARLY30OFF24.

Edit: These are apparently the codes if your sub is lapsed.

PRCOMEBACK30OFF12

PRCOMEBACK30OFF24
    Last edited by Mrenda; November 13 2018 at 05:27:25 AM.

I had an epiphany when I coalesced my spending for World of Warships. Fuck subscription and fuck DLCs, I'm not grabbing stuff like that anymore, these things are literally death to the wallet via 1000 cuts.

17 cars and 17 tracks for free & access to over 100 laser scanned cars and tracks
    So 77 bux a year gets you 17 our of 100 cars because fu that's why. Rest is to be bought separately.

All subscriptions include 17 cars and 17 tracks, our full premium service and all the racing you want 24/7. If you wish to buy additional cars, they cost a one-time fee of $11.95. If you want to buy additional tracks, they cost a one-time fee of either $11.95 or $14.95 depending on the track. We offer many volume discounts as well
    Excuse me, what the fuck.

Looking to organize your own racing in a league or standalone races? We make servers available for a very modest cost just 50 cents per hour. This is only charged to the host. For example, if you decide to host a 4-hour session it would cost you as the host $2 dollars, but for everyone else in the session it would be free. We also have a bulk purchase discount for the hosted sessions.
    LOL. Why not include a dedicated server with the damn game?

It's why I don't fancy DCS World or Train Simulator (albeit I love both planes and trains with a passion), literally thousands upon thousands. I know it's a hobby, but if you look at Assetto Corsa for example - on sale now 50% off) you have 30 quid for everything and 8.61 for the season pass. Which is MORE than acceptable for a great game.

Edit: if you look at silverstone.co.uk:
    **Christmas offer** Plus as an extra special festive treat, Silverstone are offering two free gift tickets to The Silverstone Experience (due to open Spring 2019) worth 40 for every driving experience* that is purchased before Christmas Day.
    I'd rather drive a real car than pay iRacing a single penny tbh.
    Last edited by Cosmin; November 13 2018 at 08:42:12 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Good rant. Well done. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Good rant. Well done. 7/10
    ^^
    I don't even know what the point of that was Cosmin, and I love me a good rant.

I'd like to add that iRacing, while it's a money pit, is a bit more than a "game". It's hyperautistic and hardcore motorsports simulation, with everything that comes around it like ratings leagues etc. and has way more connections to the real side of things than any of the usual sims like AC. The cost of it is also due to this nature, people are VERY fucking serious in it, to the level where IRL race drivers get into actual trouble if they're being dicks in it.

There are only two sims you can use atm that do ratings and leagues well, for consistently quality multiplayer racing, one of them is iRacing and the other one, while significantly scaled down, is Gran Turismo Sport. Nothing else comes even close.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 13 2018 at 09:15:33 AM.

It was just a rant, that is all.

I have enough serious in my life to even considering hyperautistic hardcore simulations as a thing I'd like to do in my spare time ^^
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    There's a Black Friday iRacing deal at the moment, to get a year's sub at 30% for $77 (plus tax.) PREARLY30OFF12. There's also two years for $140 PREARLY30OFF24.

Edit: These are apparently the codes if your sub is lapsed.

PRCOMEBACK30OFF12

PRCOMEBACK30OFF24
    After hearing rumours of 50% sales and stuff previous years, i was a bit dissapointed. But meh. Maybe it's worth it. I guess I'll be staying subbed for the year anyway so...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Looking to organize your own racing in a league or standalone races? We make servers available for a very modest cost just 50 cents per hour. This is only charged to the host. For example, if you decide to host a 4-hour session it would cost you as the host $2 dollars, but for everyone else in the session it would be free. We also have a bulk purchase discount for the hosted sessions.
    LOL. Why not include a dedicated server with the damn game?

I'd rather drive a real car than pay iRacing a single penny tbh.
    You read that wrong. They do have dedicated servers. LOTS of them. That's the real service you're subbing to. They've got the best hosted servers out there. And there is not a single game out there that offers anything even remotely as well organized or well poppulated as this. Also, you get actual clean racing, since wreckers can't get out of rookies.
    The offer you are complaining about is the abillity to set up your OWN league on THEIR servers.

And yes. iRacing is expencive as fuck. nothing new there. The cars and tracks are WAY overpriced. But yea I still end up buying them for the aforementioned reason. There is simply no competition. I WISh that raceroom or AC had anything at all that was simmilar, but nope. SRS is an attempt to recreate it, but it's not as good, nor as populated.

Speaking of. How is the rfactor2 community nowadays?

On the whole hypernerdery side of iRacing, it doesn't have to go that way. I know bollocks all about cars and don't freak out over minute details, but I still enjoy iRacing. If you want the in depth details, they're there according to the people who enjoy that stuff. I just like that you can get a somewhat decent race around the clock, the ranking system works, people are encouraged to drive without being idiots, and it's all packaged together in a decent cohesive game system (even if the UI is rubbish.)

For multiplayer racing it's a good option. And for whatever reason I enjoy competing in that type of setting than I do against AI cars. With iRacing I can spend Tuesday to Thursday/Friday learning a track, then race a couple of times. It makes it easy to do that. It's expensive, but for what you're getting out of it, the organised racing against real people, it's not too bad.

I'd like to mention that GT Sport is easier to use, extremely well organized and has pmuch the same ratings system. It's the "buy it once and have fun" alternative.

Physics are also quite good if not as hyperautistic.

Iracing has the whole srsbsns motorsport feel to it though which people look for, and the price fits that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I'd like to mention that GT Sport is easier to use, extremely well organized and has pmuch the same ratings system. It's the "buy it once and have fun" alternative.

Physics are also quite good if not as hyperautistic.

Iracing has the whole srsbsns motorsport feel to it though which people look for, and the price fits that.
    PS4 exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    PS4 exclusive?
    Yes, obviously.