hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 255

Thread: [SIM Racing] - Live for Speed, iRacing, Richard burns rally and the likes

  1. #161
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,667
    C

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  2. #162
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,395
    hmm, i will have to consider it then, i used to play Forza 2 was it ? back on the 360 and enjoyed it, but it's not a good fit for PC without the right kit, and i don't really have the dosh, or will for a steering wheel at this point.

    more arcadey sounds like it's controllable with mouse and keyboard ala ETS2's mouse controls ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  3. #163

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    hmm, i will have to consider it then, i used to play Forza 2 was it ? back on the 360 and enjoyed it, but it's not a good fit for PC without the right kit, and i don't really have the dosh, or will for a steering wheel at this point.

    more arcadey sounds like it's controllable with mouse and keyboard ala ETS2's mouse controls ?
    Get a cheapo gamepad, no reason not to have one in this day and age and you can get some cheap 360 or xbox one wired ones (recommending xbox one pad due to rumble triggers) on amazon etc. afaik.

    And Motorsport is at its best on a gamepad atm due to slightly wonky FFB implementation (it's fine but needs tons of tweaking) and nigh perfect gamepad controls anyway, until next patch or two roll around anyway.

  4. #164
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,721
    Going to chime in to point out Horizon is totally playable with KB/Mouse.
    I can do it fairly much as well as I can with the controller, but then I'm a wierdo.

  5. #165

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Going to chime in to point out Horizon is totally playable with KB/Mouse.
    I can do it fairly much as well as I can with the controller, but then I'm a wierdo.
    It's not that it's unplayable.

    It's just a shitton less enjoyable. :P

    Fiddly and forget driving half the cars at any decent level since youll just keep spinning tyres unless you use plenty assists. >.>
    Last edited by Isyel; November 4 2018 at 01:21:49 AM.

  6. #166
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,585
    This thread is in a downward spiral.
    Simracing.
    Mouse and keyboard.



  7. #167

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    This thread is in a downward spiral.
    Simracing.
    Mouse and keyboard.
    This thread has been dead forever. Might as well use the one thread dedicated to racing games.

    Also may i remind you of your old posts.

    "Simracing. Controllers. Seriously?"

    Feel free to be utterly awful at some sim game and keep bitching about asinine things in it instead. Because that's quality content.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 4 2018 at 05:01:35 PM.

  8. #168
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,093
    Ok I'll give it a go when I have a bit of time on my hands, it looks fantastic and I've been itching for a generic racing game. Currently I'm nibbling at the old Grid and it's plenty satisfying (contributing to downward spiral of sim racing thread ).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  9. #169

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Ok I'll give it a go when I have a bit of time on my hands, it looks fantastic and I've been itching for a generic racing game. Currently I'm nibbling at the old Grid and it's plenty satisfying (contributing to downward spiral of sim racing thread ).
    On the plus side just getting a trial for the game pass (a week, two? i forgot how long) lets you play the full game as long as the pass lasts. Or just get it for a month if trial's been already taken (but i doubt it from previous posts) and it's still a lot less than just buying it outright.

    If grid is your thing Horizon does most stuff a lot better, from driving feel to variety etc. Offroading feels amazing in the new one too, we've had shittons of fun driving the WRX cars. A lot of the old Codemasters dudes who did the original CMR games on the team so they know how to get the feel right heh.

    Actually looking at Playground Games' wiki is amusing, basically it's made up of bits of british game studios who've worked on just about any 2000s+ racing game franchise you can think of and i'd say it shows.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 5 2018 at 04:54:54 AM.

  10. #170
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,093
    Hah, it's protected by UWP.

    Quick search got me this little series that's interesting. 1, 2, 3. This is literally the worst DRM possible, at least Steam has a way of playing most of the games published there on something else than Windows. I know, I know, but it's still a shit practice tbqfh. 2 is the most important, as apparently there's no .exe and you can't use certain controllers like Steam Controller (? will test, I'm not sure).

    Yeah I'll reinstall App store and see what's what


    Edit: does it require payments for online mode and stuff like the old XBox Live thingie?
    Last edited by Cosmin; November 5 2018 at 07:52:58 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #171

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    You're years late for the uwp ree train.

    No it doesn't require payment.

  12. #172
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,093
    Hey, I'm old. Not obsolete.

    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  13. #173
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    This thread is in a downward spiral.
    Simracing.
    Mouse and keyboard.
    This thread has been dead forever. Might as well use the one thread dedicated to racing games.

    Also may i remind you of your old posts.

    "Simracing. Controllers. Seriously?"

    Feel free to be utterly awful at some sim game and keep bitching about asinine things in it instead. Because that's quality content.
    Hey I was a controller user by circumastance. Not by choise
    A problem that has since been resolved.

  14. #174
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I will assume you can't get Forza Horizon 4 outside the disgusting M$ store nor can you play multiplayer without the XBox shit running on the PC?

    Edit: the way they've put cars behind paywalls and similar microtransactions crap are not worth my time or nerves to reinstall the app store. Fuck M$.
    M$ as his bugbear. Buys apple phones

  15. #175
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,093
    So I've played Forza Horizon 4 and whilst I admit it's a cute game, I don't think I can actually get into it as solo play. It's way too sad to grind 150359180 credits and "influence" lol. My main issue with it is that you have to go through events kinda like in the Dirt series just to get access to "race now" thingie. Performance is also in the boots given the fact that with maxed out settings I can get in excess of 120FPS in Assetto Corsa or Project Cars in 1440p whilst this thing can only achieve around 40. Granted, I can make it work but it doesn't look as good. Overall with all the shitty microtransactions thingies and DRM it's overall disappointing as an experience. You get thrown stuff at you only for later to be like "you can buy roulette rolls with real monies" wat, ffs, it's a 70 quid title for God's sake.

    @Duckslayer - at least I know what I'm getting into with Apple, Microsoft just copies all the stuff that makes Apple crappy instead of copying what makes them awesome ^^
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  16. #176
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,667
    Roulette with real money?

    I'm guessing you are still in the tutorial, litterally everything you have said is wrong.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cullnean; November 6 2018 at 03:04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  17. #177

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    So I've played Forza Horizon 4 and whilst I admit it's a cute game, I don't think I can actually get into it as solo play. It's way too sad to grind 150359180 credits and "influence" lol. My main issue with it is that you have to go through events kinda like in the Dirt series just to get access to "race now" thingie. Performance is also in the boots given the fact that with maxed out settings I can get in excess of 120FPS in Assetto Corsa or Project Cars in 1440p whilst this thing can only achieve around 40. Granted, I can make it work but it doesn't look as good. Overall with all the shitty microtransactions thingies and DRM it's overall disappointing as an experience. You get thrown stuff at you only for later to be like "you can buy roulette rolls with real monies" wat, ffs, it's a 70 quid title for God's sake.

    @Duckslayer - at least I know what I'm getting into with Apple, Microsoft just copies all the stuff that makes Apple crappy instead of copying what makes them awesome ^^
    Do you live in an actual parallel dimension?

    Literally every single bit you've just said is wrong as Cull said. The game literally throws money and cars at you, the influence that you "need" to get is a couple races at best that you can do in any order you want and all it does is unlock the regular season progression, people can still mp with you, there is zero vertical progression, and there is zero microtransactions in the game, you can't buy those spins in any way. Also I'm amazed, you're like the only being in the universe that seems to have performance issues in this. It's amazingly well optimized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Hey I was a controller user by circumastance. Not by choise
    A problem that has since been resolved.
    As is the person using a keyboard and asking about it.

    You also didn't get shit on for suggesting the use of "inappropriate control method", so suddenly doing it to others is shitty at best.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 6 2018 at 03:26:42 PM.

  18. #178
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,667
    I play play at 4k at the gf House lol

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  19. #179
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,093
    Ok, how do you play in 4k? Minimum details?

    I'm genuinely curious, I stuck mine on "auto" with "medium" as target and 144Hz and it's struggling and it looks "meh".
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  20. #180
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Hey I was a controller user by circumastance. Not by choise
    A problem that has since been resolved.
    As is the person using a keyboard and asking about it.

    You also didn't get shit on for suggesting the use of "inappropriate control method", so suddenly doing it to others is shitty at best.
    You're reading waay too much into my post there.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •