hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [SIM Racing] - Live for Speed, iRacing, Richard burns rally and the likes

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    After half an hour of assetto corsa and getting pretty mad I updated and launched LFS for shits and giggles.
    XR on blackwood GP

I was immediately reminded how fucking awful assetto corsas force feedback implementation is.
    I mean really?
    An obscure racing Sim from 2006 is still the benchmark in road and grip feedback?

Get it Fucking together you silly Italians

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt

Cool

2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

After half an hour of assetto corsa and getting pretty mad I updated and launched LFS for shits and giggles.
    XR on blackwood GP

I was immediately reminded how fucking awful assetto corsas force feedback implementation is.
    I mean really?
    An obscure racing Sim from 2006 is still the benchmark in road and grip feedback?

Asetto Corsa is pretty decent buddy, you should try their 105hp cars for reference

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post

A small search www.gamersgate.com it's happening.gif.

XR on blackwood GP

I mean really?

lol that's like their most universally praised feature

It's all flash and fancy effects and very little grip feedback. Just look in a guide how much effort it takes to set up ffb "correctly". Measuring ffb clipping and all that jazz.

Just try lfs. It simply works intuitively. There's a reason it was used for f1 driver simulators.

Last edited by Stoffl; June 29 2017 at 01:19:45 PM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

It's all flash and fancy effects and very little grip feedback. Just look in a guide how much effort it takes to set up ffb "correctly". Measuring ffb clipping and all that jazz.

Just try lfs. It simply works intuitively. There's a reason it was used for f1 driver simulators.

Its pretty obvious that you need adaptation for FFB due to the massively different types and nature of FFB devices and platforms that exist with a crapton of potential middleware "adjusting" things. Add custom cars to that and there you go, need to have tuning capability.

Also missing from this thread is the actual car simulation:

I just checked out Assetto Corsa on steam, Am I right in thinking it's severley lacking in Multiplayer ? I don't want no single player driving sim it gets boring too fast.

I might just give Iracing another go, Have yet to see anything to rival that online play.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Dare View Post
    I just checked out Assetto Corsa on steam, Am I right in thinking it's severley lacking in Multiplayer ? I don't want no single player driving sim it gets boring too fast.

I might just give Iracing another go, Have yet to see anything to rival that online play.
    Bumping this ancient thread instead of spamming the AC thread with other games.

I gave iracing a try with the summer sale account and the free content.
    The clean racing and well populated frequent races is awesome.
    The pricing is not.
    I just got my D-license and started looking into what I need to get to drive what I want. The prices are mindboggling.
    I am not ok with spending thousands of € on a single game. Getting the full raceroom package felt like my upper limmit of acceptable spendings. And I got that at a 50% sale.

Where do you guys turn for your online racing fix?
    srs exists. but it seems to be lacking population and the content is so random.
    Last edited by Ashaz; July 20 2018 at 11:31:24 AM.

I know it's not sim racing but probably being the most glorious all around fun times with still authentic feeling cars (now with improved ffb) game I shove it in here as there is no other place rly.

Forza horizon 4 is almost here and everything about it looks fucking amazing. And the ad is top quality.

[edit] Really? No other vidya brum thread so spreading the knowledge about sth glorious is all.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 6 2018 at 11:54:26 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    im addicted i think

top game that there forza 4

for isyel

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comme...tunt_car_ever/
    Last edited by cullnean; October 5 2018 at 08:12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

peel p50 best car in history

stolen from reddit (obvs)

The cars you get from Skilltree:

1987 Lambo Miura P400 for 46 SP you get 2008 Lambo Reventon Forza Edition (Creditboost)

2005 TVR Sagaris for 110 SP you get TVR Sagaris Forza Edition (Speedboost)

1957 Maserati 300 S for 39 SP you get Maserati MC12 Forza Edition (Speedboost)

1998 Nissan R390 for 39 SP you get 1995 Nissan Nismo GTR LM Forza Edition (Eventboost)

Topic should probably be changed to racing games general for disgusting casuals like Cullnean.

Fair

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Topic should probably be changed to racing games general for disgusting casuals like Cullnean.
    As a counterbalance, I've jumped in the far end and got adicted to the stupidly priced iRacing. (Totaly blame Jimmy Broadbent for that.)
    It's equal parts amazing and frustrating trying to get to a road-C license so I can drive some propper cars. If I fight for irating, my sec rating doesn't improve. if I drive for sec rating, my irating goes down and I end up with the most horrible drivers. Slowly getting to the point where I can do both tho, which is a very rewarding feeling when you land a 5th and gain 0.11 sec in the same race.

...and then you get rearended in the next race and drop a shitton of sec in a single crash due to some fucktard who tinks ramming through T1 is a legit tactic. It seems the best tactic is to start out last, avoid evryone on lap 1 and then slowly make your way up. But it can backfire bad if they for once do not crash massively in the 2nd chicane and you just end up behind.
    f-in loving it tho.

To my surprice oval racing turns out to be fun aswell. Only got to a D license cause I didn't want to spend money on oval cars and tracks at this point, but the dallara dash and pickup cup is awesome. The wheel realy tries to wrestle you off the track as you go 380 km/h around charlotte.
    Last edited by Ashaz; October 15 2018 at 12:25:30 PM.

I will assume you can't get Forza Horizon 4 outside the disgusting M$ store nor can you play multiplayer without the XBox shit running on the PC?

Edit: the way they've put cars behind paywalls and similar microtransactions crap are not worth my time or nerves to reinstall the app store. Fuck M$.
    Last edited by Cosmin; November 3 2018 at 12:54:37 PM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I will assume you can't get Forza Horizon 4 outside the disgusting M$ store nor can you play multiplayer without the XBox shit running on the PC?

Edit: the way they've put cars behind paywalls and similar microtransactions crap are not worth my time or nerves to reinstall the app store. Fuck M$.
    store is mostly fine by now and doesn't cost you shit to have, the game is great, and there are zero microtransactions beyond the usual standard practice for today pass, so what exactly are you bitching about. Seen the actual amount of content in the game?

everyone should just pay valve money to sell games under the blessing of lord gaben amirite

seeing as we've been playing cross platform with cull and nobody on the xbox and it's really quite great and you wouldnt get that otherwise, i'm inclined to say fuck that bitching

out of all the major publishers microsoft has been by far the most consumer friendly in the last few years so i find this pretty hilarious
    Last edited by Isyel; November 3 2018 at 01:10:03 PM.

so, what's the difference between Forza Horizon and straight up Forza?

'cause there's a lot of cossies in there...
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, what's the difference between Forza Horizon and straight up Forza?

'cause there's a lot of cossies in there...
    Motorsport is a sim (or, before people go crazy over me in this thread, it's a somewhat simplified for easier approach and with 'magic' making it work super well on a controller sim) with realistic speeds and track racing only. This is more of the "Gran Turismo competitor" experience.

Horizon is further simplified with some more sim aspects disabled and higher grip/high speed acceleration and less restrictions on racing. Still feels authentic and weighty, but more open to craziness. Only open world racing, no traditional tracks. Lots of street/rally/cross country racing.

Both offer massive (for better or for worse) car lists and ridiculous levels of performance tuning on cars (but based in reality), but not NFS levels of visual tuning for the most part. Neither has any microtransactions or real money lootboxes anymore, just the usual "get ultimate edition for 100 dollars" expansion pass shit. Otoh forza expansions, especially horizon ones, have traditionally been big and top tier quality.

Also Horizon 4 is available on the game pass which makes it a great deal, and you can join cull and me in our "how to piss off nobody_holme by finding the best anime tits and arse liveries for our cars" competition.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 3 2018 at 08:12:36 PM.