hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: [SIM Racing] - Live for Speed, iRacing, Richard burns rally and the likes

Note that as i do not own a logitech wheel i can't confirm how good that guide is, but it does mention the lut stuff which is solid. :P

The below seems more generic and more extensive. You can skip big bits of it and just lower effects to 0, get the ffbclip app and the lut which you generate, load it up and give it a spin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocors..._to_set_it_up/

I'll look up the guide I used to get my settings. The LUT is not needed for a logitech wheel appearently .

It took me a silly ammount of time and testing before I found a setting that worked propperly.. the "put all to zero" is not the way with logitech.

It's literally recommended for mainly logitech wheels because they're all over the place torque wise. Doesn't mean it's needed but hey, it's worth a try.

And frankly it shouldnt be that hard to set it up in Assetto, it's one of by far the best out of the box.

For me it was shit out of the box. Undrivable level of shit. So bad that I thought it was the game beeing bad. I am very happy that it turned out to be incorrect.
    I tried the LUT thing before but never got it to work. When googling why, I found a forum convo about it, claiming that since the logitechs are gear driven, they are essentially just very soft direct drives and therefor don't realy need it.
    Anyway. That's internet hearsay so it might be bullshit. *shrug*

This is a setup video that simracing604 recommended me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FJ...ature=youtu.be
    It doesn't rely on a LUT so it's realy easy to setup.
    This is what changed the game for me. Now I can feel details that I don't even notice in other sims. Even stuff like tyres starting to get worn communicates through the wheel in a way I hadn't felt before and it's realy awesome.
    It wou÷d be realy interesting to get my hands on a thrustmaster and fanatec some time to compare the feel since this is all just a single datapoint perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    since the logitechs are gear driven, they are essentially just very soft direct drives
    This is such a colossal load of bollocks I'm actually amazed.

In the end tho FFB is such a personal taste thing that if it works for you, it works, and it's therefore good.

In other news. This hsould be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    since the logitechs are gear driven, they are essentially just very soft direct drives
    This is such a colossal load of bollocks I'm actually amazed.

In the end tho FFB is such a personal taste thing that if it works for you, it works, and it's therefore good.
    I'm inclined to agree. While i can understand what the reasoning is, my reaction to that was pretty much the "....what?" meme :P
    The point was the "LUT not needed" argument. But that might also be incorrect if the wheels are not consistent in build quality.
    Last edited by Ashaz; May 25 2019 at 09:51:57 AM.

My G25 is p. shoddy built. I had to epoxy one of the gears. It's mostly plastic on the inside. Imagine what sort of plastic if my glue job still holds

Also shifter's been ded for ages now and I couldn't find where the fault is. Thrustmaster T8RS ftw, that thing is built like a tank.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.