hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 673 of 676 FirstFirst ... 173573623663670671672673674675676 LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,460 of 13503

Thread: Youtube (and other video site) Links - we have embed tags!

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Watch the whole thing.
    No.

I don't watch his videos, I barely know who he is. We have enough youtubers, could you give a Tl;Dr for someone who doesn't give a shit?

And if it is some genuine sob story in it, I probably will give a shit even though I really don't want to give a shit because there are enough things in this world that can make you depressed enough as it is, and I don't want that tbh so I could still use a Tl;Dr

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Watch the whole thing.
    No.

I don't watch his videos, I barely know who he is. We have enough youtubers, could you give a Tl;Dr for someone who doesn't give a shit?

And if it is some genuine sob story in it, I probably will give a shit even though I really don't want to give a shit because there are enough things in this world that can make you depressed enough as it is, and I don't want that tbh so I could still use a Tl;Dr
    Truly, you are the hardest of nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Old but I hadn't seen it before. Completely live, only uses a pre-programmed PC to decide when to record and play specific tracks.
    Musically talented women:

Watch the whole thing.
    No.

he is a PC hardware shill with probably the largest following of the pc hardware shill on youtube. Never misses a trick to monetize, get sponsorship or generally extract VALUE from his audience. Had some ok stuff at some point or another. Didn't feel the need to watch the video or care if he retires to his pile of money, though that "i am obsessed passionately with a children's toy manufacturer's long form adverts" is upset should tell you all you need to know.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I like Linus

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I like Linus

i enjoyed some of his stuff, like the early series of er, fuck what was it called. Where they made cheap ass pcs from used parts. In general he isnt the worst but its just him and his empire is the worst example of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE you could possibly imagine. Now with added meme lording!

What was the big lad called who used to be with him a lot. Blonde, was also decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I like Linus

i enjoyed some of his stuff, like the early series of er, fuck what was it called. Where they made cheap ass pcs from used parts. In general he isnt the worst but its just him and his empire is the worst example of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE you could possibly imagine. Now with added meme lording!

What was the big lad called who used to be with him a lot. Blonde, was also decent.
    The big lad Luke now runs Floatplane.com which offers individual subscriptions to content by video creators. No free videos on there, no algorithm either.
    He still hosts their weekly video podcast / news show with Linus.

Linus addressed the clickbaity titles by showing that without them its a massive loss in clicks and thus massive loss in terms of ad revenue. They modified the titles a bit to be clearer what's a pure ad and what's a review (if you follow them).

The best bit they did IMHO was their review of pre built gaming PCs (Alienware, ibuypower etc) including having their accountant do all the orders since she never was on any of their videos etc.

Anyway, he's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and aims at the not super nerds. For that you have Gamers Nexus.

Tapapapatalk

Edit: forgotten weapons now also publishes videos on floatplane.
    nevar forget

He was just warbling about working too hard and having to do something for make a wish foundation something for a child with leukemia that reminded him of his own children.

Projecting dead babies onto your own live baby is something that is quite normal and upsetting enough that millions of nerds get to watch you shed a tear on stream for the ad revenue and then go on with their day and he gets to go about his business with no impact.

He is very very good at getting the clicks

I watched it at 2x speed for the team

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    He was just warbling about working too hard and having to do something for make a wish foundation something for a child with leukemia that reminded him of his own children.

Projecting dead babies onto your own live baby is something that is quite normal and upsetting enough that millions of nerds get to watch you shed a tear on stream for the ad revenue and then go on with their day and he gets to go about his business with no impact.

He is very very good at getting the clicks

I watched it at 2x speed for the team
    Thank you for your service.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Watch the whole thing.
    No.

he is a PC hardware shill with probably the largest following of the pc hardware shill on youtube. Never misses a trick to monetize, get sponsorship or generally extract VALUE from his audience. Had some ok stuff at some point or another. Didn't feel the need to watch the video or care if he retires to his pile of money, though that "i am obsessed passionately with a children's toy manufacturer's long form adverts" is upset should tell you all you need to know.
    Thanks, pretty much suspected as much. Another creator of many contents that you will absolutely gain nothing of value by giving your attention.

edit: have the guy actually organized or at least hosted any charities for cancer/children hospitals etc before, even remotely recently? If he has you can excuse this shit, but if he hasn't, well fuck him. Seriously.
    Last edited by helgur; January 27 2020 at 01:46:27 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I agree that Linus is a shill, but he and his team do a very good job at explaining tech succinctly, in a manner that is thorough but not data-heavy like GN.

The shilling probably has something to do with being a company owner and needing to provide a living for 30 other people in the wake of the Adpocalypse.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

edit: nevermind, was probably mistaken and judged him a bit too harshly, should probably watch the video before I make a strong statement about someone.

edit edit: which I still CBA to do
    Last edited by helgur; January 27 2020 at 10:33:21 AM.

I agree that Linus is a shill, but he and his team do a very good job at explaining tech succinctly, in a manner that is thorough but not data-heavy like GN.

The shilling probably has something to do with being a company owner and needing to provide a living for 30 other people in the wake of the Adpocalypse.
    50 people

They also produce videos for companies to use in their in house training and basically run their own ad agency.
    nevar forget

I like Linus

If you think he's anywhere *near* the worst of that kind you have absolutely not the faintest clue of just how bad youtube is.

He's an alright dude that knows how to work the system and as said above actually has a full on company and people to pay in the fickle world of youtube and tech company bollocks.

The ridiculous rage some of you lot have against him in here is funny as ever though for what is an inoffensive tech-normie channel.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 27 2020 at 08:30:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I like Linus

If you think he's anywhere *near* the worst of that kind you have absolutely not the faintest clue of just how bad youtube is.

He's an alright dude that knows how to work the system and as said above actually has a full on company and people to pay in the fickle world of youtube and tech company bollocks.

The ridiculous rage some of you lot have against him in here is funny as ever though for what is an inoffensive tech-normie channel.
    While it's probably true he isn't anywhere near as bad as many other content creators on youtube you are mistaking "rage" for genuine apathy. Much like the apathy I feel about your terrible posting.

People on youtube generate revenue through views. That's fine. Even click baiting is to be expected to some extent. But when someone I know diddly squat about makes a video with said tactics and appeals heavily on my emotions I get very cynical. For good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I like Linus

While it's probably true he isn't anywhere near as bad as many other content creators on youtube you are mistaking "rage" for genuine apathy. Much like the apathy I feel about your terrible posting.

People on youtube generate revenue through views. That's fine. Even click baiting is to be expected to some extent. But when someone I know diddly squat about makes a video with said tactics and appeals heavily on my emotions I get very cynical. For good reasons.
    Toppest of top youtubers don't shill at all tbh though. Ave and Big Clive spring to mind. Scott Manley also. No long intros, no like and subscribe, no sponsors, no 1 minute 30 describing the title of the video to make sure they get over 10 minutes of waffle to hit to two advert level of production. Real people with actual non youtuber careers that do it for the joy of it and dont expect to have to shill to make something interesting.

Big Clive
    A fellow man of culture I see.

Been a viewer of his since the Mountain Breeze ionizer days of 2013.
    Last edited by Boltorano; January 27 2020 at 11:15:29 AM.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Big Clive
    A fellow man of culture I see.

Been a viewer of his since the Mountain Breeze ionizer days of 2013.
    MY man.

If youre not on ave, youll lvoe him also

one of the best of his
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

Aea was the top boy who put me on to him, must watch youtube nowadays

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Pucker factor 9.7:

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard