hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 625 of 640 FirstFirst ... 125525575615622623624625626627628635 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,500 of 12798

Thread: Youtube (and other video site) Links - we have embed tags!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    New Polish makes it illegal to call the concentration camps in Poland "Polish concentration camps" but rather "German concentration camps". Which is usual language usage in German anyway.

Israel however is outraged.

I love how the video obviously ignores the rampant antisemitism in Poland at the time.
    This. It's pretty disgusting. But while we are at the business end of fingerpointing for the Holocaust, how many Jews where able to flee Germany to other states? How the world and especially the western world turned a blind eye, and only let just a minuscule (if at all) of Jews into their country as refugees is pretty damning. Its actually a bit weird why this factor is somehow overlooked when the story of Hitlers persecution of minorities are told.
    It only became clear how systematic the Nazis were at this by the final months of the war in '45, when Allied soldiers started finding concentration camps. That turned the perception of defeating the Nazi regime from one of 'stop these power hungry maniacs' to 'holy shit these guys are monsters'. Post war, the stories of Jews that managed to flee Germany in time seemed happy fairytales compared to what happened to those who didn't get out. In that light, what other countries did, or failed to do before the war, seemed insignificantly malevolent, and was then forgotten. And that forgetfulness gave new life to this Nazi idiocy that is rearing its ugly head again. History's lessons are not being learned, or are actively dismissed in the hubris of our time.

The Allied governments had it in written reports by 1942 what was going on. When Germany annexed Austria, the Austrian Jews became stateless, a clear sign that something really bad was going on. In 1941 H.R. Knickerbocker (a journalist that reported from Berlin on Hitler's rise to power until 1933 when he was deported) explicitly mentions the extermination of Polish Jews. Denmark was invaded in 1940 and the government tipped off by a German diplomat as to what would happen to the Jews. They sent 95% of their Jews to Sweden just in time. You don't do that when you think that nothing bad will happen. 32 countries held a conference in 1938 on the Jewish refugee problem in Evian. All but the Dominican Republic of all places decided against accepting Jewish refugees. And even they only took 100k.

Ma favorite part:
    In November 1938, two weeks after Kristallnacht, United States Secretary of the Interior Harold L. Ickes proposed the use of Alaska as a "haven for Jewish refugees from Germany and other areas in Europe where the Jews are subjected to oppressive restrictions." Resettlement in Alaska would allow the refugees to bypass normal immigration quotas, because Alaska was a territory and not a state. That summer Ickes had toured Alaska and met with local officials to discuss improving the local economy and bolstering security in a territory viewed as vulnerable to Japanese attack. Ickes thought European Jews might be the solution.
    It was willful blindness by the rest of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern..._the_Holocaust
    How is that disproving his point? Deportations, becoming stateless, ghettos etc were known. But noone expected what they found while liberating death camps. I think at worst they thought these were regular labour, pow etc analogs. And then the gates opened.
    Bolded bits.

They knew well ahead of 1945. Also it's explicitly mentioned in Mein Kampf, translated into French by 1934, into English by 1939, all other major languages in between those dates.
    nevar forget

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Yeah, it should be and was for anyone with a half working brain pretty obvious that the Jews in Germany was meeting a very dire fate under Hitler, long before the bullets started flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The amount of news print and air time spent covering this in the UK is pretty amazing tbh.
    Naah. Its both hilarious and has also been triggering the people in the UK i normally see regurgitating the fascist propaganda that's getting dumped all over America.

It could do with more air time tbh.

Interesting stuff about depression and addiction, no groundbreaking revelations but still a good listen

2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Always nice to listen to Sean Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Yeah, it should be and was for anyone with a half working brain pretty obvious that the Jews in Germany was meeting a very dire fate under Hitler, long before the bullets started flying.
    The allies started discussing bombing Auschwitz in July 1944, but for a large number of reasons still debated they decided not to on several occasions.
    Last edited by Maximillian; February 14 2018 at 09:25:30 AM.

Spoiler:
    "Poor plants stuck in the soil against their will " pure gold

Just to balance CC's mouthbreathing:

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
      Spoiler:
    "Poor plants stuck in the soil against their will " pure gold
    Reminds me of this old gem:

Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    ow fuuuuu hahahahhahahahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ow fuuuuu hahahahhahahahhaa
    It's a composition of two videos from the same camera.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

This actually scares me. This would make an extremely effective anti-personnel weapon if mass produced. Make it small and relatively tough and fill it with explosives and shrapnel. Difficult to hit if it moves fast enough, can be made to literally any size. Could make human soldiers and vehicles very vulnerable.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

As long as they are on flat and level ground?
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    This actually scares me. This would make an extremely effective anti-personnel weapon if mass produced. Make it small and relatively tough and fill it with explosives and shrapnel. Difficult to hit if it moves fast enough, can be made to literally any size. Could make human soldiers and vehicles very vulnerable.
    This reminds me a bit of those machine killing dogs from black mirror.

I think that they could probably handle small inclines easily, and adding a bump mechanism to the gyro to climb stairs shouldn't be all that difficult either. The real thing, though is that they would be hard to spot and stop, and combined with similar flying drones, could easily defeat a human force. The Chinese are said to be working on weaponsing small drones using swarm tactics, and I'm pretty sure that after even ISIS used drones as weapons on a small scale that the possibilities won't have been lost on anyone watching.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    This reminds me a bit of those machine killing dogs from black mirror.
    I'm thinking more:

With a touch of:

I think that they could probably handle small inclines easily, and adding a bump mechanism to the gyro to climb stairs shouldn't be all that difficult either. The real thing, though is that they would be hard to spot and stop, and combined with similar flying drones, could easily defeat a human force. The Chinese are said to be working on weaponsing small drones using swarm tactics, and I'm pretty sure that after even ISIS used drones as weapons on a small scale that the possibilities won't have been lost on anyone watching.
    You could mount a set of grenade launchers on both side poles of the ball. You could also plant explosives in it for congested areas or shallow water ways. Hell if you won't go to the exploding mine, the mine will come to you!