hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 441 of 442 FirstFirst ... 341391431438439440441442 LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 8836

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

SQ42 will never come out

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    SQ42 will never come out
    Eve has sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    SQ42 will never come out
    Eve has sound?
    Onlin

e
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    obligatory semi-annual smugpost

No wait guy Im sure it will be awesome soon *eyes totally dead subforum*
    I'm looking forward to SQ42, I don't really see much point in faffing around in the early game.
    Ditto.

Which makes me slightly worried as we're coming up on 8 years since the original Kickstarter. SQ42 was supposed to be it, the big thing that got made. MP was some side project.

Instead this is taking so long that there are going to be kids old enough to play the game who weren't alive when the game was originally funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm a-okay with them delaying SQ42. It will get here eventually. But I'd rather see it delivered all at once than piecemeal, even if it means waiting until 2016.
    So apparently I was off by about half a decade or so...
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; May 22 2020 at 10:53:41 AM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I'm fine with SQ42 coming out this year, because I just upgraded my PC and could now actually play the game.

SQ42 Beta was scheduled to hit late Q4 this year.
    But the pandemic will probably be delaying it. Intended release Q1 2021 for chapter 1.

Estimated 60-100hours to complete first Chapter.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    SQ42 Beta was scheduled to hit late Q4 this year.
    But the pandemic will probably be delaying it. Intended release Q1 2021 for chapter 1.

Estimated 60-100hours to complete first Chapter.
    I mean, CIG dates should always undergo some translation. June 2021 for beta was some people's expectation previously and into Jan 2022 with all this stay at home stuff and also just constant delays.

So yeah, 2023 for the first set of chapters to release properly is a not horrible guestimate that might even slip further away even with the community's cynicism.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

@Leak_News

Hey gamers, here's a "leak" in which I simp for CIG.

The S42 video, while some have speculated that it contains devastatingly bad news for the single player game, such as multi-year delays or something, I can say that S42 compared to the current public S42 roadmap's "general dates" (internal beta/alpha being those primary key dates) has been commented by my sources as only being one or two quarters off their projections (leaning towards a single quarter, sometimes even saying that things have been mainly on schedule). The failure of the S42 roadmap stems from a mixture of the "chapter" roadmap being a horrible idea and the "features" section being date based both too far in the future and inaccurate to their approaches on creating these tools internally. It's with these failures of presenting accurate information, a failure to present a substantial amount of information, and previous years delays that has created an air of doubt towards its progress. I can assure you that S42 is primarily on time, and CIG is working their damnest to make sure it reaches their current internal projections. While I do not know the content of the upcoming video, I do know this:

S42 is not seeing a multi-year delay. The video was not delayed in order to prevent the public from knowing its progress so they can make their sale more popular. S42 is very likely releasing next year.

I've heard word of how they're structuring their new roadmap to be a lot more informative and if it goes forward as planned no one will be disappointed with either the information presented, nor in how it's presented. A "leaky" description is that they're going to stray away from "cumulative" descriptions of dozens to hundreds of tasks and go into more detail of what is truly being done by the near 650 members of CIG.

Hey Lall, if this comes out, you gonna buy a Scythe account again?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Ah yes, I can't wait for the slurry of shit that is games reporting to talk about CIG getting to $300,000,000.

Like people having some faith in the production makes CIG evil-er than they were at 100 or 200 mio.

As a side note, I'm shelving this game for a couple months, last week was a horror story from the server stability side of things. Oddly, I'm having way more fun. I think a population really adds to the experience. Even if it's mostly because I'm trying to avoid everyone as hard as possible.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Ah yes, I can't wait for the slurry of shit that is games reporting to talk about CIG getting to $300,000,000.

Like people having some faith in the production makes CIG evil-er than they were at 100 or 200 mio.

As a side note, I'm shelving this game for a couple months, last week was a horror story from the server stability side of things. Oddly, I'm having way more fun. I think a population really adds to the experience. Even if it's mostly because I'm trying to avoid everyone as hard as possible.
    Its been suprisingly stable for me, just imploded trying to cope with the load during free flight.
    Being the only guy on the server with CS5 also leads to some fun encounters as people try to hunt a real live player bounty who they could send to jail...

Nice.

Apparently the EU amazon servers shat themselves so some european places, especially Germany, got hit by more errors than other areas. I'm hoping, once it calms down, that I can get back to casual dicking about. I wouldn't suggest what I'm doing in this game is meaningful in any way.

Current favourite routine, loading a 600i with 2-3 boxes for another place, flying to stations in between to see if they have boxes for my final destination and then cruising there. It's horrifically wasteful, inefficient, and kind of stupid. Yet I get to go sight seeing, sometimes let people on board to tour or have some fun flying about and then arrive and make my fuel plus some extra in payment.

Finally, AR landing beacons. What was originally shown to us years ago.
    And numerous shitty iterations later, they are finally here.

I played a little bit a while ago for basically the first time since backing. Had some fun dicking around with it, but I would be lying if I said it was exactly as far along as I hoped it to be.
    Development seems quite slow when considering that it has been 8 years since the kickstarter and still some basic features missing.
    That said the zero-loadscreens-between-anything does bring something to the table that you can't get everywhere. It is easier to get immersed in the world when you are not hit in the face with a load screen. Also it looks good.
    Basic NPC missions are fun the first few times but low variety at the moment. Gonna probably just sit on the game for a while again and try it out when more is added.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    I played a little bit a while ago for basically the first time since backing. Had some fun dicking around with it, but I would be lying if I said it was exactly as far along as I hoped it to be.
    Development seems quite slow when considering that it has been 8 years since the kickstarter and still some basic features missing.
    That said the zero-loadscreens-between-anything does bring something to the table that you can't get everywhere. It is easier to get immersed in the world when you are not hit in the face with a load screen. Also it looks good.
    Basic NPC missions are fun the first few times but low variety at the moment. Gonna probably just sit on the game for a while again and try it out when more is added.
    NPC missions mostly for earning money.
    If you got a potent ship you can easily do Claim Jumpers.
    Highly recommend trying mining, with ships not in person. This system is very good and engaging.

And 300 million get...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Seems like good stuffs on the way

Some good info about how pvp works and what systems will help people find it in the persistent universe.
    and also how the weapons and food and such will effect how you will survive in the enviroment.
    https://youtu.be/IMptw4O1dO0

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    So, 9 years in and $300 million dollars - what's it like? Does the insane budget show in terms of game quality and feature-completion? Is the persistent world meaingful or can people just duck out for safety? Is it populated? Is there a huge player driven economy? Are the planets and cities detailed and varied?

Or is it just still a huge scam with an eternal development and money-grab?