hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 438 of 440 FirstFirst ... 338388428435436437438439440 LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 8791

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

This ship really sets the bar higher.
    Need to test it out some more today, wonder when we can get the other pods.
    With the deployable structures.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    The Carrack is literally the ship I've been hoping for the longest, so to finally see it brings some significant satisfaction.

That said, I'm going to wait for a wider release on the main universe before I get into mine. There's quite a few bug reports coming from the Evocati folks and some touch ups will resolve much of the annoyance that I can just skip if I wait (probably) a week.

They're saying either the next patch or the one after will have a form of persistence that matters to me. They're saying you keep your balance of aUEC and purchases across account resets.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

I have found the occasional hole in the Carrack that has resulted in me falling out and dying.
    TBH, no big deal. Just set your spawn point to it and you respawn back in it.

Just go here and complain about its fuel capacity:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...arrack/2818558

Deeps space explorer with no fuel capacity...great planning.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    It is a bit comedic but they put the second highest fuel consumption drive into that ship.

It's fast but it also has really bad efficiency. My answer so far is using the Prospector to make money and then go to Dumper's Depot in Area 18 and purchasing an Erebos jump drive. Effectively 2.5 times the range with minimal changes to cooldown and spool times.

I do believe the Carrack should have more QD fuel, but this is at least a solid interim fix.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

I think the Carrack deserves 150k fuel tank and not its current 11k.
    Would cost a fortune to refill it, but this isn't a ship that considers cost-efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Would cost a fortune to refill it, but this isn't a ship that considers cost-efficiency.
    That's a lot of extra mass to move. Or have they abstracted numbers like that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    That's a lot of extra mass to move. Or have they abstracted numbers like that yet?
    Currently it can fly across Stanton system and be almost out of fuel.
    A ship like this should be able to cross 10-15 systems without refueling.

It is supposed to boldly go where no one has gone before.
    Would even suggest in addition to super size its fuel tanks, let it have drop tanks in addition.
    Can't land or go into atmosphere, but increases range.

Ships like these needs to get to their goal area fast, so it can stay in area longer.
    So slower drives would be counter productive. Your limited supplies spent waiting to arrive.

Sorry, not the question I was getting at: wouldn't that risk turning it into a fat whale? Given how they were going true physics?

So rather than giving it more fuel (and mass) you're better off giving it a more fuel efficient engine stock?

Atm fuel is just a number, I doubt any ships got fuel tanks with simulated contents.
    Quantum fuel is also a solid not liquid.

Atm fuel is just a number, I doubt any ships got fuel tanks with simulated contents.
    Quantum fuel is also a solid not liquid.
    Ah, so you don't lose mass as you eject fuel. I am both relieved from a gameplay POV and slightly disappointed.

I'm seeing it as placeholder values for now.

Also those cargo pods are prime contenders for fuel storage upgrades no ?

I got my Rover and Pisces onboard, but ran out of QF near an R&R which was bugged and didn't refuel.

Going to have to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post

I got my Rover and Pisces onboard, but ran out of QF near an R&R which was bugged and didn't refuel.

I'm assuming you would want a lab with you and other food supplies.
    Sure fuel is an option, but at cost of other needs.

This ship and the gameplay it can offer is amazing.
    Go into deep space and find a place to settle down, the bring in the fleets. Stuff of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post

I'm assuming you would want a lab with you and other food supplies.
    Sure fuel is an option, but at cost of other needs.
    Exploration in a nutshell...

Not sure how this works... If you pay for a space ship do you effectively 'own' the blueprint and can print more if/when it's destroyed? Or is the game going to be full of rich autists unable to crew their hangar queens once the game goes live?

When the ship goes boom you can reclaim it at a station or city that has the screens for it. Takes x number of min. But can be speeded up for uec credits. From what I read before you will need to setup insurance again when it runs out. Also dying alot might make it more expensive. And cig mentioned in some stream they might remove lifetime insurance or have new concepts that has shorter insurance. I believe there are more backers who have spent less than 100 dollars than the other way around. Although some of specialized ships might be more popular than others.

For VARRAKK, they added a new minable element that when refined gives you quantum fuel. I'm not yet certain it'll be doable onboard the Carrack but I believe the idea is to give you near infinite expandability of range by giving you places with food collection and quantum fuel collection so if you scan well, you can keep going out further.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Not sure how this works... If you pay for a space ship do you effectively 'own' the blueprint and can print more if/when it's destroyed? Or is the game going to be full of rich autists unable to crew their hangar queens once the game goes live?
    It's been changed a big.

A ship you buy with real money, can never be lost.
    Instead the insurance now covers upgraded modules.

Which is a blessing, modules are expensive!
    Would be a legal quagmire if ships you bought went poof.

The more you lose a ship, the longer it will take to get replaced.
    And of course some remote areas take longer as well.

Someone with the PTU build: What fits into the hangar? If I can put my 325 into it, I will never need to dock anywhere again. If I cant, I'll need to find something I can to buy so I can solo around in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Someone with the PTU build: What fits into the hangar? If I can put my 325 into it, I will never need to dock anywhere again. If I cant, I'll need to find something I can to buy so I can solo around in it.
    325 Will not fit,

But the ship comes with the Pisces which is pretty good and can 'technically' fit an Arrow or a Buccaneer. I'm currently thinking I'm happy with the Pisces.

Also, VARRAKK, the QD fuel tank for the Carrack is now 22k so you were right that they're going to that scale.