hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 390 of 391 FirstFirst ... 290340380387388389390391 LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 7810

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    .... If by lead indicator you mean the little triangle thing that floats around next to the sight, then yes I do, though I never quite figured out why these super advanced future tech computerised intelligent targeting systems couldn't work it out so you just point the fucking sight at the target and press the trigger.
    Because that makes it very hard to produce a satisfying game.
    This, close range space shooty is mostly an extremely unrealistic concept if we think in a real life way tbh, games need to be designed with fun in mind too, and these games can be a shitload of fun even if its just planes in space.

Some dude went to foundry42 and saw some shit. Video is mostly stuff seen before, but all wrapped up on one place. Not a bad watch.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; March 13 2017 at 08:41:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    .... If by lead indicator you mean the little triangle thing that floats around next to the sight, then yes I do, though I never quite figured out why these super advanced future tech computerised intelligent targeting systems couldn't work it out so you just point the fucking sight at the target and press the trigger.
    This, close range space shooty is mostly an extremely unrealistic concept if we think in a real life way tbh, games need to be designed with fun in mind too, and these games can be a shitload of fun even if its just planes in space.
    Yep. EVE abstracted out aiming and a lot of the piloting, which makes for a reasonably fun spreadsheet game but not so great as a dogfights-in-space game. Newtonian physics dogfights-in-space is unrealistic, but damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yep. EVE abstracted out aiming and a lot of the piloting, which makes for a reasonably fun spreadsheet game but not so great as a dogfights-in-space game. Newtonian physics dogfights-in-space is unrealistic, but damn fun.
    Exactly, and you want it to be up close and personal.

or you do it like objects in space, and it is more akin to submarines in space, though to be really realistic you can't really hide in space, so then you'd be going more the route of Nexus the Jupiter incident. Otherwise i'd prefer a space battle as depicted in The Killing of Worlds (Scott Westerfeld)

So, for one who has ignored this game completely, what does it take to get into space and doing some semi-serious exploration (in terms of how much $ must I sell my soul for and give to CR?) and what can I expect? Galaxy/universe size and "stuff to do"?

I hate it when people say that for a space game to be fun, it has to be WW2 era combat with a black backdrop. It's just lazy game design and writing that trade on nostalgia instead of innovation.

Someone will succeed at crafting a fun and widely accessible experience that, if not exactly pure Newtonian, autopilot control, something a whole lot more realistic and forward thinking. And just as we see tv shows like GoT and The Expanse, make Star Trek seem like camp, retro tv throw backs, Star Citizen, will also seem like a lost opportunity to elevate sci-fi in games, to a notch closer to the best we could find in books.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    get into space and doing some semi-serious exploration
    lol

In that case, I suggest Elite: Dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

I am, but that space to atmospheric flight videos brings on a raging boner..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not in yet.
    Honestly not sure if it will be in 3.0 which is the next big patch about half a year away.
    For exploration, how serious do you want to go?

315p - Small, 1 man craft.
    Freelancer DUR, Medium, first of the "multi Crew" can easily be managed solo.
    Constellation Aquila, Large. A proper multi crew ship. Will need PC or NPC crew to function.
    Carrack, Very Large. Full on explorer-retard-mode. The biggest of them all. Rarely available for purchase.

Wormholes will have size restrictions. So the big ones cant go everywhere.
    But the two largest ones, will have science crap and vehicles for surface travel.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

It's not in yet.
    Honestly not sure if it will be in 3.0 which is the next big patch about half a year away.
    For exploration, how serious do you want to go?

315p - Small, 1 man craft.
    Freelancer DUR, Medium, first of the "multi Crew" can easily be managed solo.
    Constellation Aquila, Large. A proper multi crew ship. Will need PC or NPC crew to function.
    Carrack, Very Large. Full on explorer-retard-mode. The biggest of them all. Rarely available for purchase.

Wormholes will have size restrictions. So the big ones cant go everywhere.
    But the two largest ones, will have science crap and vehicles for surface travel.
    Why are you recommending him something which doesn't even exist to give him the experience he wants now?

You could just as well send him a piece of paper and a pencil to draw his dreams of an exploration game and charge him $$ for it.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 20 2017 at 11:39:14 AM.

Aha. So, back on the ignore list for a while then. Ok - thanks.

tbh every time I find me craving a true exploration game, I load up FTB minecraft again...

I would love to be able to putter around in SC one day and do true exploration (not a series of banal activities which end in a very mundane loop very quickly); I sincerely doubt the game will provide this even once it's released. Focus is and will definitely be on combat (duh).

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    tbh every time I find me craving a true exploration game, I load up FTB minecraft again...
    What I really want is something that looks like SC, is as vast as Elite and has Newtonian physics like Kerbal.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    What I really want is something that looks like SC, is as vast as Elite and has Newtonian physics like Kerbal.
    Well, I hope you really enjoy waiting :f

Yeah

I just listed the exploration ships, up to him to chose how much he wants to bleed.
    There's no need to go full autistic.

Space exploration will be in 3.0, not sure where land based is in the grand plan.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I just listed the exploration ships, up to him to chose how much he wants to bleed.
    There's no need to go full autistic.
    And there is no need to go full hyperbole ad hominem only because I dared to point your nonlogic (see my previous post)

I might of bought an Avenger Stalker whilst under the influence...

It might now be my only ship...

I can't seem to kill anything ! ( ICC mission Firetails )

Can I upgrade weapons as default are shit and I'm getting bored of spinning around trying to land a targeting reticle on erratic AI ships.

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    I might of bought an Avenger Stalker whilst under the influence...

It might now be my only ship...

I can't seem to kill anything ! ( ICC mission Firetails )

Can I upgrade weapons as default are shit and I'm getting bored of spinning around trying to land a targeting reticle on erratic AI ships.
    PU rats are tougher than they should be, do arena commander multi-player to earn rec, spend that on rental weapons in the electronic access store on the web site,

The avenger can't replace its nose mount though.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    She has gotten a lot less hot now that she isnt Hermione anymore tbh.