hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 434 of 442 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 8835

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    I skipped on the Banu Defender initially, but they got me this time.

I expected it to be as disapointing as the scythe, but they really put effort into developing an alien vessel. Other than a couple laps in that, I've decided to wait a couple weeks before I play again. It's a little crowded online suddenly and the spikeyness of lag is a little annoying.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

I feel you, earlier today the server kept crashing so often.
    But I want to get Pirate Swarm completed, got to be played with 4 players.

Once wave 10 is completed, it unlocks the Pirate Gladius & Catepillar.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...Pirate-Gladius
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

If you have played 3.7, you will find this one funny in a sad kind of way

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    And then someone at CIG heard us day dreaming of a space ship A10 Warthog and thought, yeah. That's a good plan.

"How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

I'm not sure what to make of it.
    A size fucking seven gun with a ship..

And 4x S5 missiles...this is absurd
    Last edited by VARRAKK; December 12 2019 at 04:12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of it.
    A size fucking seven gun with a ship..

And 4x S5 missiles...this is absurd
    It's just a gif.

How much for the gif, BTW .
    It's $195 warbond, $220 normal. I've learned to wait until it's flyable before discussing stuff too deeply, the look shouldn't change too much but I expect someone is going to bring sense to this via shit handling, or shit power, or shit toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Nice, I was concerned about ammo and my Battletech table top days taught me that only energy is less effective but I do not care, energy only, all day.

I'm avoiding theory crafting until it's flight ready, they change stuff often enough that I don't expect it to survive in it's current incarnation.
    Last edited by Hayes DuSid; December 13 2019 at 05:21:44 AM.

Yeah, okay.

I mean, I play this every day that I play games now. I almost play it more than I played EvE back in the day, which surprises me because I've been gaming less and less due to time constraints and sleep.

Sure, I crash. I get lots of bugs. But I'm also not paying $15 a month subscription for it, if I get a serious enough issue I can submit it and reasonably expect something to happen, even if not soon.

I follow the community which continues to produce content I like, I chat on the reddit and when it's not being dog piled, here.

For me, this is worth $250 a year. I absolutely do not mind it for myself.

More JPG power creep.

I thought the Hammerhead was bad enough.

Still waiting for the cutlass blue I bought 20 years ago to be made into a real entity....

You always get a ship you make a pledge for, for concept ships it is a temporary loaner ship that is similar in class and function.

The Cutlass Blue comes in Q1 2020, with the Prison gameplay feature.
    Cutlass Red comes in 3.8.1 with the Carrack \o/ Mole and Prowler.

Cool I guess.

So where does the Ares leave the vanguard? wasnt THAT supposed to be the space A10?

No, Vanguard is a long range heavy fighters.
    But there is not just one ship for every role, they have many overlapping.
    All these ships aren't to milk the players for money, they are to create immersion in the galaxy.
    Just like EVE got different types of haulers from different races. Star Citizen got the exact same.
    If you log in and play when 3.8 is released, you will find the game to be very authentic.

Reason they are spamming out ships to create diversity, but they also have loads of ship designing teams running.
    Today they can complete a ship in very short amount of time once they have the style guide and assets pack created.
    Once they reach 2-300 ships they will probably lay off the designers for ship design and cut down on the ship/vehicle creation pipeline.

Star Citizen is going to be a very populated universe, NPC's will over 90% of the population.
    Would just look weird if they all flew around in the same ships. And since there are no name tags over a person, you can't be sure if it is a player or not.

CIG is doing just fine on the money front.
    Company value is 500m <

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Cool I guess.

So where does the Ares leave the vanguard? wasnt THAT supposed to be the space A10?
    It was called such but it just didn't have a very big gun the ship was sort of built around. The Vanguard Warden is a two person extreme range fighter, designed to perform multiple jumps solo and have a bed so the crew can respawn in it if needed. It has a fairly well armed turret and some room for someone to walk inside the vessel to change gear and then exit.

The new Ares has no room in the hull and no bed, no turret, no second seat. It is assumed to be less tough, but balance isn't really there in SC right now so who knows what it'll be released with. The other side of the equition though is that the Ares is somewhat made to look like it's built around it's gun.

People are starting to speculate that with the energy weapon in partiuclar, they're going to hit the fire rate so the gun isn't just a capital ship weapon on a fighter.

Hope that helps Sandzibar.

A few screenshots from the 3.8 wave 1 ptu. Port Tressler Interior: https://imgur.com/a/5lxlrHt New Babbage aproach: https://imgur.com/a/uQCnUqT

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Cool I guess.

It was called such but it just didn't have a very big gun the ship was sort of built around. The Vanguard Warden is a two person extreme range fighter, designed to perform multiple jumps solo and have a bed so the crew can respawn in it if needed. It has a fairly well armed turret and some room for someone to walk inside the vessel to change gear and then exit.

The new Ares has no room in the hull and no bed, no turret, no second seat. It is assumed to be less tough, but balance isn't really there in SC right now so who knows what it'll be released with. The other side of the equition though is that the Ares is somewhat made to look like it's built around it's gun.

People are starting to speculate that with the energy weapon in partiuclar, they're going to hit the fire rate so the gun isn't just a capital ship weapon on a fighter.

Hope that helps Sandzibar.
    Atm the range isn't a big factor.
    Stanton is a very populated system, you can refuel anywhere.
    That is going to change when you move out of high-sec space.

Single seater fighter can today get across a "large" system, (There are going to be Very and Extremly large systems.) before it needs to refuel.
    The Warden can cross the same system a few times
    ATM it is one of the fasters warpers, but uses a lot of fuel. If you downgrade to a slower quantum drive, your range will increase dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirial Soulfly View Post
    A few screenshots from the 3.8 wave 1 ptu. Port Tressler Interior: https://imgur.com/a/5lxlrHt New Babbage aproach: https://imgur.com/a/uQCnUqT
    And here I was going to play in the new POE league today.

Nice, I should break the Freelancer out for some roaming. I haven’t been inside Tressler yet, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Nice, I should break the Freelancer out for some roaming. I haven’t been inside Tressler yet, looks great.
    Do you have the MIS Freelancer?