hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 434 of 434 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434
Results 8,661 to 8,677 of 8677

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    X3 is good. X4 is a massive disappointment following from the other massive disappointment that was Rebirth. I played Elite for a respectable amount of time (270 hrs or so, albeit a lot of that in warp) but it doesn't hold interest for the long term since the core mechanics appear to be all based around grinding. No idea if that's going to change one day but most of the new stuff just seems to introduce a novel way of grinding. By all accounts No Man's Sky is starting to get good (better?), which is impressive given where that started so I may give that a shot. I've sunk more hours in Star Citizen than all of the above apart from X3, so even for a buggy piece of shit tech demo it's captured my interest more than everything else on offer. Despite it all, it has a certain appeal.
    How much of that time was spend crashing?

Surprisingly little

Surprisingly little
    Sure ....

By all accounts No Man's Sky is starting to get good (better?), which is impressive given where that started so I may give that a shot.
    I've no idea how good it is, but No Man's Sky just got a massive update in the form of Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Surprisingly little
    Sure ....
    Believe whatever you want to believe. I'm not contributing to your echo chamber.

Surprisingly little
    Sure ....
    Believe whatever you want to believe. I'm not contributing to your echo chamber.
    The lulz ...

Reminder that elite is a half baked experience in itself with the development pace of a glacier. Yet somehow without the deep bottom bit, it's all surface shallow. So yeah it's playable and pretty. Too bad there's fuck all game design in it and it's been going nowhere for years too.
    Last edited by Isyel; August 21 2019 at 08:01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    He sure took a lot of effort to polish that turd!

Is he that scared of offending the cultists? He talked for a good 10 minutes about the existential pleasures of getting stuck in walls, ceilings, and a place he couldn't get out, ffs!

I'd hate to watch his review of Daikatana, or Battlefield 4 multiplayer on release! He probably had an existential orgasm reviewing those! I shudder to think about his Battlecruiser 3000 AD review frankly ...

Don't you have some more to post in the political threads instead or have you blocked everyone in there so now you're trying to troll other threads for more people to get mad at?

Surprisingly little
    Sure ....
    The lulz ...
    Christ you're an sanctimonious laborious cunt.

Next update should be released today.
    Not any really big new stuffs, but it adds shared missions.
    FPS mining now a thing, you can mine in caves, some planet surfaces and on asteroids (But you need a ship with a mineral scanner for the last two locations)

And you can rent ships in game at the space ports in A18 & Loreville.

The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Gotta say, with the mining improvement and relatively low ship rental prices, there's some pretty fun gameplay loops now.

I can start in an Aurora, try to accidentally find some minerals, fly around looking for caves and then work my way up to renting the mining ship, make it make me quite a bit more cash and get a Caterpillar and then do the thing I was doing before... trading.

But now I can progress almost entirely in the game assuming you don't mind starting with an aurora and more cash than I suspect we will have at the start of the game.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

I do have a pretty big starting pool with cash 45-50k.
    My preference is delivery missions. I can easily get 6 or more around ArcCorp or Hurston to the other planet (Just the moons or rest stops, I avoid the planets).
    If you can get 8x of the 7438 cred missions you can make 50k easily in an hours.
    At 200k I start trading.

Don't use the caves with Way Points, pick up the missings person mission and get to a more hidden mine.
    Less competition or people killing you. Asteroid mining is also very fast, but you need that mineral scanner.

The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    I skipped on the Banu Defender initially, but they got me this time.

I expected it to be as disapointing as the scythe, but they really put effort into developing an alien vessel. Other than a couple laps in that, I've decided to wait a couple weeks before I play again. It's a little crowded online suddenly and the spikeyness of lag is a little annoying.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

I feel you, earlier today the server kept crashing so often.
    But I want to get Pirate Swarm completed, got to be played with 4 players.

Once wave 10 is completed, it unlocks the Pirate Gladius & Catepillar.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...Pirate-Gladius

If you have played 3.7, you will find this one funny in a sad kind of way