hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 437 of 440 FirstFirst ... 337387427434435436437438439440 LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 8784

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Nice, Iím bypassing frame rate issues by keeping at 30 max. I find changing frame rate annoys me more than a consistent but low one.

I have had the disconnect error 4 times in a 4 hour session in 3.7 so Iím looking forward to 3.8s offer of more a stable build.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Just had a 3.5h, no bugs encountered. But I was only doing trading runs to fatten my wallet.
    I had more FPS on PTU, hovering between 36-45 on LIVE.

The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I wish space mining wasnít a thing, every bloody game has it, and itís always tedious

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

I guess it's an easy time sink trope to chuck in. Given all the automated mining outposts around, it seems odd that players have to dig stuff out manually. The Prospector could just be a prospector and once you find a resource vein, setup a mining rig, storage tanks, power plant and a beacon that notifies you when to come collect. Bit like how PI works in Eve I guess.

Got my 2nd 30k error of the day.
    First one earlier today I was in A18 so no loss.

My second disconnected happened on Wala, and lost entire cargo. 857k uec lost.
    Stings, they really gotta solve this shit. My ship with cargo is stored in a vehicle terminal I can't spawn it from.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I wish space mining wasnít a thing, every bloody game has it, and itís always tedious

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Caveat: this opinion comes from someone who hasn't played Star Citizen in a year and thus hasn't mined but...

It would be nice to balance mining income/time so that the more interesting aspects of it (i.e. finding ore, hauling it without getting shot, picking the best market, etc.) takes a much greater amount of total mining time than just standing over the rock with a laser. That part (as anyone who ever owned a Hulk in EVE can attest) is super boring.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Stings, they really gotta solve this shit. My ship with cargo is stored in a vehicle terminal I can't spawn it from.
    Have you gone back to where you disconnected? They said that they had a system where your inventory would drop to the ground rather than just despawn if you disconnected now. It might not work for this case but it can’t hurt to go look.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Have you gone back to where you disconnected? They said that they had a system where your inventory would drop to the ground rather than just despawn if you disconnected now. It might not work for this case but it can’t hurt to go look.
    Couldn't get back to instance.

Welp. My 600i got a bug where it’s no longer defined or something so I can’t claim it. With the money reset, I can’t do a trade mission with no cash on hand. Time to get in a Prospector or hand mine. Whee.

Though I’m probably bitching too much, it’s actually not that bad to do a couple mining runs and get back into trading.

Hop into your Warden and do Claim missions.
    You go into a asteroid belt around one of the rest stops, and got to destroy 9 beacons.
    There are some Prospectors in there that will attack you, but the Warden should should be able to tank all damage with little effort.

It should have enough ammo to do 2 easily, maybe 3 missions if you conserve it.
    I just fly staright up to the beacons, and unleash all weapons on its bottom.

(Right now, these missions bugged and won't spawn. If they do a backend fix/restart tonight they should work again)

I like most of the look, flying in such a busy space might be interesting.

But the dev timeline reveals that this isn't a thing to worry about until December 2021 and expect delays.

@1,3m uec's lost so far in 3.8. Just warping from Baijin station down to A18, and boom midways.

What's the installation size these days? I probably need to start thinking if my rig can even run this might be time to try it out
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    What's the installation size these days? I probably need to start thinking if my rig can even run this might be time to try it out
    56 Gigs and it runs like dog shit if you don't run it off an SSD.

Yeah. Probably time I get a bigger disk for C: anyway and then use this one I got to run SC. One of these days
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Why not delete some old games?

Errr, the only SSD i got is my C: partition, it's a 110GB one (I know, I know), the games are on a big normal disk. Time to upgrade the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Errr, the only SSD i got is my C: partition, it's a 110GB one (I know, I know), the games are on a big normal disk. Time to upgrade the can.
    You should find a 500gb pretty cheap these days.
    WD's probably the most cost efficient you can get.

I tried to make some cash trading the last few days. But due to the errors, disconnects and bugs I find it impossible to have an enjoyable experience. Still. I'll just wait for the next patch again. Sigh.....