hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 386 of 395 FirstFirst ... 286336376383384385386387388389 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 7896

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

  1. #7701
    i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,182
    Pledged for this, elite and a couple other games at the same time.

    The other games failed to come out, though the Numenera game might release some day.

    Elite was just disappointing to me because I never felt quite like I could lose myself to even mindless tasks for long.

    I've played about 20 hours of this, which is actually more than I've played of Witcher 3 and Skyrim put together. I've watched videos and read discussion and that's pretty okay to me considering how little gaming I do otherwise or how little I read of any other game except EvE.

    I'm still playing EvE, but I'd hope this comes out and lets me just play it casually. My expectations aren't astronomical, other than hoping the guys who managed to stick with it on this forum continue on to play it for a bit. That's what I'm in this for, a game with a community even if we import it from here.

  2. #7702
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,191
    I love to sit and tinker with payloads.
    Finding good weapon and missile configs for ships is quite enjoyable.
    Cant wait for more things to play with.

  3. #7703
    i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I love to sit and tinker with payloads.
    Finding good weapon and missile configs for ships is quite enjoyable.
    Cant wait for more things to play with.
    Me too. Hell I'd even mine in this. I just don't want to dog fight now. Turns out I don't really like doing that without a purpose.

  4. #7704
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,189
    Hayes, if you got a refund you could go on a nicer holiday that would be much longer than 20 hours, didn't you sink quite a bit into it?

    I'm close to asking for a refund myself


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  5. #7705
    i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,182
    I have an issue with asking for my money back on a pledge for development.

    If I were buying the game, sure, but I didn't go in with a promise of a game. Only the attempt at it. I feel they've attempted pretty well and heck we might even get something out eventually.

    But asking for money back when they're likely spending it on development feels wrong to me. I stopped supporting the sales and such but pledging is literally throwing money in a hole and hoping a game grows there.

  6. #7706

    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Posts
    102
    I agree with this, mind you, I didn't sink a down payment for house on this pledge.

  7. #7707
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,189
    Each to their own mate, I don't understand your logic at all but you do you

    Paradox update: I asked for a refund earlier today.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  8. #7708

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,087
    lolhypetrains

  9. #7709
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,189
    Yeah ok shitbox, find someone who cares about your opinion.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  10. #7710

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah ok shitbox, find someone who cares about your opinion.
    Oh i'm so fucking hurt, truly.

    You're here acting as if you're some genius for asking for a refund even though nothing's changed in ages. First on the hypetrain to 'spend shitloads on promises country' and then immediately on the 'let's refund it, it's the cool new thing' train. I just find it hilarious.

    Hayes actually has a point here, as silly as his amounts were. Getting a refund implies you were buying something, which should never have been the point in the first place.

  11. #7711
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,189
    I'm confused, tell me again why I asked for a refund?


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  12. #7712
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm confused, tell me again why I asked for a refund?
    I don't know, you seem to be one of those that buys a new game.
    Plays the hell out of it, but when you come to the end you stop.

  13. #7713
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Found out those cunts are still selling their "modding tutorial" for $12 when they have long since abandoned modding officially

    the audacity
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  14. #7714
    orcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerlol
    Posts
    2,571
    Also a digital manual for $10 and a digital map for $5. Monetize all the things!

    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I don't know, you seem to be one of those that buys a new game.
    Plays the hell out of it, but when you come to the end you stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You're here acting as if you're some genius for asking for a refund even though nothing's changed in ages. First on the hypetrain to 'spend shitloads on promises country' and then immediately on the 'let's refund it, it's the cool new thing' train. I just find it hilarious.

    Hayes actually has a point here, as silly as his amounts were. Getting a refund implies you were buying something, which should never have been the point in the first place.
    lol

  15. #7715
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm confused, tell me again why I asked for a refund?
    I don't know, you seem to be one of those that buys a new game.
    Plays the hell out of it, but when you come to the end you stop.
    Idgi, why are you talking about buying games in connection with Star Citizen?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  16. #7716
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Paradox update: I asked for a refund earlier today.
    Please let us know how that goes.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  17. #7717
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm confused, tell me again why I asked for a refund?
    I don't know, you seem to be one of those that buys a new game.
    Plays the hell out of it, but when you come to the end you stop.
    Idgi, why are you talking about buying games in connection with Star Citizen?
    The wait is almost over, vertical slice and SQ42 is scheduled for this year.
    When you have waited x years, suddenly some months more is too long.

  18. #7718
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    SQ42 is scheduled for this year.
    Third years' the charm, eh? Höhö
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  19. #7719
    orcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerlol
    Posts
    2,571
    Squadron 42 will come out this year. It will not be the same Squadron 42 that was scheduled for last year, or 2015, or 2014. But I think it's likely there will be a release of something called Squadron 42 this year.

    Might not sell five million copies though.

  20. #7720
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,191
    I think SQ42 will be late '17.

    But the next update is 3.0, the first iteration of the MMO Universe which is what most of us is waiting for.
    All the 3.x updates will be adding onto the vertical slice.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •