hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 385 of 387 FirstFirst ... 285335375382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 7733

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    Does anyone have the spreadsheet with FHC's contributions to Scam Citizen listed? I want to lol again
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...r-Ships-Thread

I buy a lot of games, play for a very small amount of time and a few I play for hours and hours (Wargame, MWO, Battle Brothers are the three at the moment)

I'm kinda giving up on gaming for the past three years I haven't touched something for more than a couple hours at a time and then it sits in the never-ending queue.

I'd sell my steam account if I knew how, at least I'd make back some of the thrown monies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Smith View Post
    +1

I just want a game I can play solidly for years instead of jumping from half finished game to half finished game like an adhd crack bunny. SC sounded like it might be it but reality took a giant dump on that dream.

WTB: roll back time to BF1942 days. I well got my money's worth out of that...
    Don't you +1 me on that.

You "just" want a game to immerse you for years and years like games did when you were much younger. That's exactly the ridiculous attitude fucking dreamy fanbois have. Yeah, reality took a dump on it, the reality of being an idiotic dream.

I just want a fun space campaign I can play through. People like you, devs included, steadily made that more and more of a distant dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

I find one or two games in each genre I enjoy, and move back and forth between them randomly. I doubt I will ever find a game that will be "THE ONE" forever and ever. SC would be the most likely to do that however if they can pull it off - but Im old and jaded now so I doubt they will be able to meet my expectations. Good job I've only thrown $60 at it.

Currently Guildwars 2, Company of Heroes 2, The Division / SW Battlefront, and Elite are in my shuffle playlist.
    Well you got quite some amazing tolerance for shallow simple games with little actual content so anything they do should be fine. :P

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Vaporware

Willing to bet ISK or £ that this is delayed by a minimum of 18 months from his current claims or released without some of the major features currently promised.
    Quoting me from October 2012
    Quoting me from October 2012 and again in March 2014.

Even just a year ago, in January 2015, the timetable looking like this:

FPS module has since been indefinitely delayed, no idea what happened to first chapter of S.42, and the "persistent universe alpha" doesnt appear to include any of the MMO features (like dynamic fleet instancing or the economy or trading or meaningful death etc etc) and instead is just a rebrand of the social module! (NB, beta of persistant universe was originally promised for December 2014)...

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/An...lease_Schedule

Calling it now, Star Citizen full game will not be released in 2016 , and if it is it will be a bastardized, abortive runt of a game with half the core features missing or stillborn.
    CALLED IT!

Shit I wasnt even pessemistic enough - Not only is the full commercial launch not happening anytime soon, but even s42 (which at the time I made the previous post was still expected imminently!) hasnt made it.

Fuck me guys when are you going to accept this whole thing has been complete bullshit. You got a couple of shit tech demos eclipsed by better alternative full games, and some pretty pixel spaceship dick extenders which are looking pretty shrivvely now.
    Last edited by Lallante; January 8 2017 at 02:25:08 PM.

Yeah, you're truly a fucking prophet.

I see your penis extender is working quite fine though. Fuck me you're a dumbass if you think you're somehow rubbing that into anyone's face here.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 8 2017 at 05:42:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

I find one or two games in each genre I enjoy, and move back and forth between them randomly. I doubt I will ever find a game that will be "THE ONE" forever and ever. SC would be the most likely to do that however if they can pull it off - but Im old and jaded now so I doubt they will be able to meet my expectations. Good job I've only thrown $60 at it.

Currently Guildwars 2, Company of Heroes 2, The Division / SW Battlefront, and Elite are in my shuffle playlist.
    Well you got quite some amazing tolerance for shallow simple games with little actual content so anything they do should be fine. :P
    What can I say, Im a simple shallow man, with simple shallow needs.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

I see your penis extender is working quite fine though. Fuck me you're a dumbass if you think you're somehow rubbing that into anyone's face here.
    At some point over the last 5 years you've transitioned from "Fuck off they will deliver only somewhat delayed but it will be amazing" through "They'll deliver the core gameplay, delayed, sure, but good things take time and it will be amazing" then onto "Fine it may be somewhat different from what is promised, and many years late, and not really that good, but it will look amazing and be pretty fun, and that's all I really cared about" and finally into "Ok they may never deliver a full game but I never really cared whether they would or not, I was here all along solely to pay $500 for the right to make-believe and theory craft".

And you did it so seamlessly that there was never a point of "ok the naysayers were right"; it went from "fuck naysayers they are wrong" to "I agreed with the naysayers all along but it doesnt matter" without any noticable gap...

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Glad I sold everything. Only have a shitter starter pack left

I'm going to stop at $3k unless something really fancy pops up that is.

At some point over the last 5 years you've transitioned from "Fuck off they will deliver only somewhat delayed but it will be amazing" through "They'll deliver the core gameplay, delayed, sure, but good things take time and it will be amazing" then onto "Fine it may be somewhat different from what is promised, and many years late, and not really that good, but it will look amazing and be pretty fun, and that's all I really cared about" and finally into "Ok they may never deliver a full game but I never really cared whether they would or not, I was here all along solely to pay $500 for the right to make-believe and theory craft".

And you did it so seamlessly that there was never a point of "ok the naysayers were right"; it went from "fuck naysayers they are wrong" to "I agreed with the naysayers all along but it doesnt matter" without any noticable gap...
    Really? Really mate?

Fuck me you're being an idiot. Whew.

It's also nice to know each dollar of mine is actually worth hundreds, will make sure to let my bank know.

Also you apparently stalked me personally for 5 years for this to know in such amazing detail about the intricacies of my opinions? Maybe i should feel flattered.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Hope you made some money off of that? :>

Forever cheapo pack signing up. o7
    Last edited by Isyel; January 9 2017 at 09:06:02 PM.

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

Really? Really mate?

Fuck me you're being an idiot. Whew.

It's also nice to know each dollar of mine is actually worth hundreds, will make sure to let my bank know.

Also you apparently stalked me personally for 5 years for this to know in such amazing detail about the intricacies of my opinions? Maybe i should feel flattered.

Hope you made some money off of that? :>

Forever cheapo pack signing up. o7
    I made it back and a copy of elite as well =)

Also he's post wasn't directly at you, came off more as a generalisation at this sub as a whole

Also he's post wasn't directly at you, came off more as a generalisation at this sub as a whole
    Oh i know, was just responding. I still yet to this day cant understand people who threw thousands at it unless they ended up reselling and making money, and even then. Well either that or we have some extremely rich shitposters.

Oh i know, was just responding. I still yet to this day cant understand people who threw thousands at it unless they ended up reselling and making money, and even then. Well either that or we have some extremely rich shitposters.
    That is the most amazing thing to me about SC. That there are numerous people who are/were willing to spend literally 1000's of dollars on a "game" that was and is really only a concept still.

Also, the thing with people selling their ridiculous amount of pixel ships for profit is... that means there's an equal number of even bigger tools out there that bought all their stuff.

#BadAtBotes

Why is this surprising to some of you? (apart from trolling and shame on you for making me respond) we have plenty of previous history showing how much some people are willing to spend on computer games.

You can't say that CiG have not been open about where peoples money is going and what they are selling. Yes thousands of $$ to fund vaporware is excessive, but so is drinking so much you cant remember or having a car that does less than 20mpg but that is fine. It only becomes an issue when it turns from a chosen excess to an involuntary habit in that case the person needs a different sort of help.

Be sensible spend what you can afford (I would like to put a couple of hundred more in myself but can't) and have my thanks for funding work doing what we always say we want (people taking the time to do it right at the lowest level), however it turns out we will have an example for future rants on how people are doing game / software dev wrong.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Why is this surprising to some of you? (apart from trolling and shame on you for making me respond) we have plenty of previous history showing how much some people are willing to spend on computer games.

You can't say that CiG have not been open about where peoples money is going and what they are selling. Yes thousands of $$ to fund vaporware is excessive, but so is drinking so much you cant remember or having a car that does less than 20mpg but that is fine. It only becomes an issue when it turns from a chosen excess to an involuntary habit in that case the person needs a different sort of help.

Be sensible spend what you can afford (I would like to put a couple of hundred more in myself but can't) and have my thanks for funding work doing what we always say we want (people taking the time to do it right at the lowest level), however it turns out we will have an example for future rants on how people are doing game / software dev wrong.
    That's funny considering the issue seems to be that everyone thinks they're buying a different thing than the next person, and the actual products being sold are concept art and ships "subject to change".
    Last edited by orcane; January 10 2017 at 12:01:01 PM.

That morons ever stopped thinking about this as donating to something and instead buying shit is a different issue altogether that while not helped by Roberts and Co at all is still just as moronic.

A friend told me anout this and i had some money to burn.
    Im sure it will be released in parts if the developmemt so far is anything to go on.
    Only spent 30-60 dollars on it and thats less than i spend a year on movies and other games.
    The gamble for me was if thw game was gonna be fun for 5 mins or 5 weeks or not fun at all. Controls being to much ms flight sim 2003.
    From what ive seen so far its still looking good.

The flying is very good, no other space sims out there as good as this.
    But it is also the bit they have worked the most on.

Meh, got more hours dicking around on this than I get out of some other games already. Even if it never goes any further I'd say I got some money's worth, albeit not nearly to the extent I spunked on it in the first place, but by the time this comes out inflation will have rendered all British monies worthless anyway.