hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 420 of 420 FirstFirst ... 320370410417418419420
Results 8,381 to 8,394 of 8394

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

I'm also a realist concerning game development times, but what about funding? For how long can they keep it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    I'm also a realist concerning game development times, but what about funding? For how long can they keep it up?
    Won't be a problem, they can just spit out concept ships left and right.
    Remember, while the game might not be completed for quite some time, you can still play it.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Assuming that the internet accountants out there aren’t full of total shit, CIG is making more than enough a year to fund their studios on a year by year basis plus having a moderately health reserve. If funding declines in a sensible manner rather than all at once, they’ve probably got 3-5 years of funding left in them plus downsizing giving them time if needed.

Based on what I’m seeing progress wise, they really need 3 more years and more than likely could use 5 more years with development post launch and assorted bug and performance tweaks to be made. It’s my belief that unless funding declines precipitously, they’ll be okay at least.

It’s also my belief that they’re uncertain about way too many systems for the game to be well conceived or implemented so it’s going to be a bit of a shit show at launch and maybe will never get better. I would like to be wrong on that part. Still, good news is that they are strong on their stance to have modding tools and we can run our own servers with our own jury rigged systems to make it fun.

I may be too pessimistic on the implementation but I do fully believe that they have the funding and methods of funding to be fine for completing the development stages and hopefully the post development work needed to maybe make it an amazing experience.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Still, good news is that they are strong on their stance to have modding tools and we can run our own servers with our own jury rigged systems to make it fun.
    If those tools are available before SC is released I can see it now a whole bunch of Total Conversion Mods going through their own Alpha's, Beta's and final releases all before SC manages to.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has gone from kickstarter to complete since we started waiting for star citizen, that uses CryEngine, has some pretty swanky game tech and also promised much more than people thought they would be able to deliver.

Mind you that's 16 sq km with 2 vehicles and a few personal weapons

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Still, good news is that they are strong on their stance to have modding tools and we can run our own servers with our own jury rigged systems to make it fun.
    If those tools are available before SC is released I can see it now a whole bunch of Total Conversion Mods going through their own Alpha's, Beta's and final releases all before SC manages to.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has gone from kickstarter to complete since we started waiting for star citizen, that uses CryEngine, has some pretty swanky game tech and also promised much more than people thought they would be able to deliver.

Mind you that's 16 sq km with 2 vehicles and a few personal weapons
    Kingdom come looks like it's pretty shit though. That combat and those animations, all pretty terrible. Only thing it seems to do well is nature but that's an engine blessing more than anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    I really hope they release something early on but with the core systems still being developed, I donít think we will see it soon. Personally Iíd like to see a battle star galactica mod that is limited to the Galactica but comes with a sort of spy vs counter spy deal like the board game but you can sabotage the systems or repair them yourself.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

It's a fair commentary I guess.

This procedural walking thingy is just freaking cool

https://giant.gfycat.com/CrazyInnocentAnkole.webm

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Its called IK or inverse Kinematics, and is used among other things in Uncharted (and robots), to keep Drakes feet on the actual rendered ground.
    Not something new, but has quite an impact to make characters 'fit' into the world. (the foot does not clip into a brick on the ground, but the characters skeleton pose is adjusted so that the foot is actually on top of the brick.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post

Its called IK or inverse Kinematics, and is used among other things in Uncharted (and robots), to keep Drakes feet on the actual rendered ground.
    Not something new, but has quite an impact to make characters 'fit' into the world. (the foot does not clip into a brick on the ground, but the characters skeleton pose is adjusted so that the foot is actually on top of the brick.)
    there was a video sequence a while back that showed some more of their blending between mo cap walking directions speeds etc. with IK positioning and artist animations. It showed a lot of direction and pace changes that were extremely smooth and all they were working with was a couple of 'pace' (walking, jogging running etc. ) mocaps and direction changes, all the interfaces between any states were proceduraly blended and looked seamless.
    Compared to ARMA's pause between stances and the move from one to the next no walk to sprint option there, it looks to be world changing.
    I believe the vid was trying to show the tools they were working on to make AI able to navigate the world.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

made it to page 420 blazeit.jpg

So, what's the status? How big is the installation nowadays and what can we do in it? Havent installed in a year or so.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Its kinda too much to mention.

The install? Well that's a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    The install? Well that's a doozy.
    Nah, the what we can do part.