hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 419 of 422 FirstFirst ... 319369409416417418419420421422 LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8435

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Was gonna say, you might hate what's become of SC, how long it's taking, how they're selling shit etc. But that doesn't mean you should cheer for bullshit lawsuits with cherry picked bullshit interpretations just to hope they get fucked.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Yearly check in. Is it still vapourware ?

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

... Yes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You mean yearly idiotic troll post with zero concept of what vaporware means?

Yes.

SC has neatly hit 4 of the 6 descriptions of Vapourware according to UrbanDictionary.
    So facts
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    SC has neatly hit 4 of the 6 descriptions of Vapourware according to UrbanDictionary.
    So facts
    Not really, also lolUD.

I mean, i get being cynical and all, but fuck off with the random drop in shitposting.

#stillnotfinished #spamemailsaboutsq42 #nocontent
    Our posting has as much content and value as rsi's media diarrhea.

Not sure what you're all trying to achieve.

I've played EvE since 2004. I have Elite and Oculus Rift. Star Citizen in it's current unfinished alpha/beta whatever it is or should be by now is by far and away the better experience. Content will come, but already it offers the best sci fi simulation available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    simulation

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    simulation

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/y3VXPza3eQn7i/giphy-facebook_s.jIMG]
    He said "sci fi simulation"

Its called Children of a Dead Earth.

SC is just like all the star wars inspired stuff. WW2 carrier planes IN SPAACCEEee!

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    #stillnotfinished #spamemailsaboutsq42 #nocontent
    Our posting has as much content and value as rsi's media diarrhea.
    "waaah tell us every detail that happens"

"waaah stop telling us every little thing that happens"

Fuck gamers are the worst.

Also, children of the dead earth, claiming its a scientifically accurate space combat sim? Wow that gave me a fucking good laugh, especially paired with the videos on the steam page. Amazing hearing you talk about media bullshit.

Last edited by Isyel; January 28 2018 at 07:20:41 AM.

Ofcourse I dont blame you for not checking, but I never had a spoken/unspoken desire for update spam from rsi. But they do throw the info out there, thats fine. But then you cant go crying when people compare your previous statements against current ones and go "wait what did you do in the mean time?!"

All I ever expected from them was an updated starlancer and id be a happy bunny, but no they had to dail the pandering up to 11 and you get the inconsistent mess they are aiming for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    So facts
    Not really, also lolUD.

I mean, i get being cynical and all, but fuck off with the random drop in shitposting.
    I would, but watching you meltdown in thread after thread is far too much fun.
    The real question is how do you find time in the day to lash out at some many random people on the internet?

All I ever expected from them was an updated starlancer and id be a happy bunny, but no they had to dail the pandering up to 11 and you get the inconsistent mess they are aiming for now.
    SL2 would be lovely. Any danger of it happening seems to be fast receding
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

The Farce Continues - CIG replies to Crytek's reply.

Cryteks interpretation of exclusivity seems absolutely bonkers and makes it really hard to take seriously anything they say or claim..

Serious question:

Crytek is a German company, right?
    CIG/RSI is an American one, right?

So eli5 why the case is in English and will be handled by American jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Serious question:

Crytek is a German company, right?
    CIG/RSI is an American one, right?

So eli5 why the case is in English and will be handled by American jurisdiction.
    Correct on both.
    I think a German court woulda ,,|,, this lawsuit immediately. And you can sue for ridiculous sums in the US.

Crytek got this option when a German company does a deal with a US company.
    You can contractually state what laws to follow.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...1-Star-Citizen

According to themselves the game wont even be in beta until 2019 the earliest..
    More than 5 years in Early Access - starting to look like some of those EA games on Steam

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...1-Star-Citizen

According to themselves the game wont even be in beta until 2019 the earliest..
    More than 5 years in Early Access - starting to look like some of those EA games on Steam
    Okay.

You know, I had only one major problem with this game and that was CR"s inability to give us dates that were connected to reality. They told us long ago that they wanted to begin development with us on board and that we'd be with them through the process. Hearing how games are made and often take 5-10 years for anything with huge scope, we could have easily calibrated our expectations for that if they'd just been open about it early on.

But you don't get money by saying it could be a decade long process so they didn't. I am okay with suggesting that the initially pitched and planned game was more of a 3-4 year development game and they've expanded from there quite significantly which cost them a couple years of trashing everything and reorganizing into a bigger company to make a bigger game, but I also understand finding that utter bullshit and not at all what you backed.

Okay, again.

When it was pitched and people were laughing about how it would launch in 2020 and giggling about how stupid we were for supporting it, I used to say that's fine. I'd like to think we could see launch by 2017 because CR is full of shit and we should expect delays but even if it only launches in 2020 I'd be fine with that... and you know what? I still am fine with that.

Now, when they've given us a more realistic look at timelines with giant warnings that things will slip? I'm fucking pleased. I'm FINE with waiting, and more importantly, I'm god damn ecstatic that expectations are being handled like we're fucking morons and we are being told things with dates that make sense.

More than 5 years in early access? Sure. I'm okay with this.

Finally setting expectations properly? HIP HIP HOORAY and shit.

Oh and spoiler, game probably won't launch till 2022. If it's earlier, sweet. I'm setting my old prediction of 2019 up by 3 years for giggles so when it inevitably slips to 2020 and then 2021 I won't be disappointed. For a group of supposedly bitter vets, maybe we should all set our expectations at, "It won't launch at all" and work our way up from there rather than this retarded LOL SC STILL SHIT LOLOLOL shit we pretend is discussion here.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Agreed.

Let's look at a much, much simpler game as an example: Factorio.

Factorio started development in 2012, and went early access in 2014. It's probably going to reach 1.0 some time this year, giving 6 years total development.

Now consider that Factorio is a very simple 2D game, with very few mechanics. Larger and more complex projects always take more time regardless of how many people work on them; significant parts of development are inherently serial & cannot be sped up for any amount of money.

I'd expect the kickstarter version of SC to take around 6-8 years to produce, and the current scope-crept version to take 8-12 depending on what gets cut. If they cut almost everything out and rush as much as possible they could probably release a decent game in late 2019. They won't do that, so I expect something on the upper range of the timescale, more in the 2022-2024 range. Perhaps later, if they keep scope creeping.