hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 446 of 447 FirstFirst ... 346396436443444445446447 LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 8937

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Or a goddamned compass!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I have also learnt that if you ROC mine on Yela and a 30k hits.
    You can still spawn the vehicle at 157 and not have a financial loss

Mining beats trading \o/

Annoying bug #9782

Spent a good while filling up the ROC with Had'

Loaded up and flew to PO. Landed and went to exit the ship and found ROC in bits.

Thought it was a pretty smooth landing myself...

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Happens if your wheels are clipping the floor, anytime you move with the wheels sinking in the floor, the whole vehicle will bounce violently any time you change directions.

There’s supposed to be parking spots inside the ships to lock a vehicle to, but they actually can clip pretty badly.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

I have found a place that spawns a ridiculous amounts of minerals and crystals to mine.
    Biggest minerals spawn I have bothered to count, was 18 rocks. if you want sekrit location, pm me.

For crystal mining, I have learnt you need to be very low with scanner on 2x.
    Being higher up with scanner less focused, you will miss majority of the deposits.

2 week free fly event starts on wendsday..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...op-16-Free-Fly

Prepare for padrammers, servers crashing every 15 mins when free 2 play players spawning all the big shipa at once
    Or Cig learned from the previous event and have got more hamsters to keep the servers alive and more stable?
    Last edited by Janeway84; September 9 2020 at 02:14:14 AM.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    2 week free fly event starts on wendsday..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...op-16-Free-Fly

Prepare for padrammers, servers crashing every 15 mins when free 2 play players spawning all the big shipa at once
    Or Cig learned from the previous event and have got more hamsters to keep the servers alive and more stable?
    I mean, they'll never learn. The devs know the limits and marketing doesn't give a fuck so we get this hype build up for something the servers can't handle and we all know that.

I kind of feel like they're relying somewhat on the people who play regularly to stop playing for a bit so the servers can stay up for their advertising of a buggy mess that we have to chant 'it is an alpha' around to get the new guys to stop complaining.

On the other side of the coin, a freefly might mean comedy expensive ships ramming and watching Carracks bellyflop onto planets way too fast. I could get some laughs out of this.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

So bad it's ( very ) good..

Freeflight event is nearing its end in a few days. Had great performance actually, judging by amount of server crashes and previous experience. Only sunday was properly rough for a while.
    I dont know what Cig feed the server hamsters but now it felt even more like a stable Product and had some friends join me and we did drive around on the ground with the new ROC mining buggies wich where great fun when they didnt flip or breakdown. And having a cutlass black, carack or valkyrie to scout for mineable deposits and then drop off the ground crews where fun and kept up busy for a few days. A bit sad that Cig is going to patch out the remote sell glitch in the upcoming 3.11 patch but it was both fun and OP so I guess its better for the game.
    Tried out bounty hunting and that was exciting! A bit too easy to find the targets i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Freeflight event is nearing its end in a few days. Had great performance actually, judging by amount of server crashes and previous experience. Only sunday was properly rough for a while.
    I dont know what Cig feed the server hamsters but now it felt even more like a stable Product and had some friends join me and we did drive around on the ground with the new ROC mining buggies wich where great fun when they didnt flip or breakdown. And having a cutlass black, carack or valkyrie to scout for mineable deposits and then drop off the ground crews where fun and kept up busy for a few days. A bit sad that Cig is going to patch out the remote sell glitch in the upcoming 3.11 patch but it was both fun and OP so I guess its better for the game.
    Tried out bounty hunting and that was exciting! A bit too easy to find the targets i guess.
    Cool, I decided to put the game down during the free fly mostly because of last time's issues, but I suspect a number of people decided to have a 2 week break at the same time. I'm kinda itching to go back in and start some delivery or mining stuff again.

One of these days I'll get a computer that can actually run this to give my Aurora a go
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    One of these days I'll get a computer that can actually run this to give my Aurora a go
    It's actually becoming semi playable on non edge case hardware. The biggest performance increase is oddly getting an SSD, especially an NVME SSD. Obviously, better hardware helps a ton, but I'm using a gtx 980 with an Intel 6700k cpu mildly overclocked to 4,5ghz, and I get acceptable performance if I don't crash.

Yeah, dunno how my 1050 Ti would handle it, and I'm not currently in the moneyz to buy new graphics cards and shit.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Requirements aren't that bad

Yeah, dunno how my 1050 Ti would handle it, and I'm not currently in the moneyz to buy new graphics cards and shit.
    My 1070 is like butter unless its crowded on 1080p while handling twitch at 1080 on my other monitor on the same grid in the game (I was with a streamer and gang trying to kill the cruiser during the fleet week).
    You'll be fine.

Hmmmm. Might be time to get a SSD for Star Citizen then.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Hmmmm. Might be time to get a SSD for Star Citizen then.
    You don't have an SSD at all?

I have one for my system disk with Windows and programs, it's got some 57GB available on it. Got a 1TB normal disk where I install games and keep my videos, music and shit. So I guess I'll need to buy one just for SC
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; September 25 2020 at 07:42:32 PM.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    I have one for my system disk with Windows and programs, it's got some 57GB available on it. Got a 1TB normal disk where I install games and keep my videos, music and shit. So I guess I'll need to buy one just for SC
    Ah.

Good time - Regular SATA SSDs are "cheap" now.

Good value 500gb sweet spot.