hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4148495051
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

Thread: General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

  1. #1001
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    I was thinking we could host a (re)watch of another show to pass the next few months if anyone was interested. Steven Universe?
    What's a Steven Universe?
    http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/6987ef6d...a4f2caf90d.jpg
    I'm not opposed to it. But you need to give me a real response. Image memes aren't going to make your case.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  2. #1002
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,782


    So it turns out someone has been going to cons saying they are 2snacks (guy behind Two Best Sisters Play).

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

  3. #1003
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    So it turns out someone has been going to cons saying they are 2snacks (guy behind Two Best Sisters Play).
    Sadly this isn't the first time a fan has done something like this - though last time I remember it was someone impersonating a minor show staff.

    TBSP - More updates coming soon


    Though honestly I thought the Pokemon Snap video was a perfect send-off.

  4. #1004
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    I was thinking we could host a (re)watch of another show to pass the next few months if anyone was interested. Steven Universe?
    What's a Steven Universe?
    http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/6987ef6d...a4f2caf90d.jpg
    I'm not opposed to it. But you need to give me a real response. Image memes aren't going to make your case.
    Real response:

    I recommend the show to anyone who likes any of the better cross-generational western animations like MLP, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, etc. It's a mostly light-hearted show that still manages to sucker punch you with themes of coming of age, identity, love, and loss.

    I'll try to give a brief run-down without being spoilery:

    The show focus on 13yo Steven and his companions of "Crystal Gems", who are from a race of living crystals from space who have appointed themselves guardians of Earth. Their leader, who was fascinated by mortal organic life, fell in love with a human and eventually gave up her existence to create Steven who is therefore uniquely half-human, half-gem. The show starts as Steven begins manifesting powers and begins to learn about the past of the Gems and his role that he feels he has to live up to from his mother.

    The world building starts off slow but picks up a steady pace through its current 110 eleven-minute episodes. I'm still amazed that they can cram a well paced and good story into that short of time *consistently*. The format is typically moster-of-the-week but has a frequent outing of slice-of-life episodes and an increasing number of serials for the ongoing storyline.

    The first episode is a little off, however the second episode got me hooked as more of the characters were exposed. The season 1 mid-season two-parter "Mirror Gem" / "Ocean Gem" made me a fan for the leaps it took in story telling.

    Steven Universe is helmed by Rebecca Sugar who launched her career with Adventure Time, having served as writer, storyboarder, and song writer. For SU she not only serves the typical creator roles (direction, writing, art style, storyboarding), she also writes most of the songs and even performs them (dare I say she is better than Daniel Ingram). The music is one of the excellent features of the show, ranging in genre from rock to jazz to contemporary folk (expect a lot of ukulele).


    I would provide a few examples but most songs are pretty spoilery to major story events, so here is just a cool credit song (they ran a different verse after each episode in season 3 culminating in the finale). I would have a huge list otherwise.

    Rebecca Sugar for lyrics and vocals.




    From what I've seen, the fandom around the show seems more interested in discussing the show and it's themes bitching and complaining (you may already be aware of some of it regarding Tumblr, etc) than creating fanart, animations, and music like MLP and I think that's a shame.


    Ponies still win out over gems based on cute points alone, though.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; November 7 2016 at 11:10:14 AM.

  5. #1005
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,148
    Yo Nords,

    There is a live action Rainbow Rocks musical, and it's going on "world tour".

    (For relative values of "world" and "tour")

    http://www.mylittleponymusical.com/index.php


  6. #1006
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,439
    I'll pass. I enjoy the franchise within the comfort of my own home.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  7. #1007
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,693
    That just seems wrong on multiple levels...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  8. #1008
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    That just seems wrong on multiple levels...
    My comment or the live show?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  9. #1009
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    That just seems wrong on multiple levels...
    My comment or the live show?
    Sorry, the live show. Your comment is perfectly rational.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  10. #1010
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    So it turns out someone has been going to cons saying they are 2snacks (guy behind Two Best Sisters Play).
    Sadly this isn't the first time a fan has done something like this - though last time I remember it was someone impersonating a minor show staff.

    TBSP - More updates coming soon


    Though honestly I thought the Pokemon Snap video was a perfect send-off.
    This kerfuffle brought 2Snacks out of the woodwork.

    2Snacks - TBSP Update


    > casually learn 3D modeling in Maya
    > make some of the best looking models ever
    > consider it not good enough

  11. #1011
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,439
    Three 22-minute specials, which take place after the events in the Legend of Everfree film, are set to be released beginning in 2017, as reported by World Screen on October 4, 2016 quoting Finn Arnesen, vice president of global distribution and development at Hasbro Studios, and as stated in an October 18, 2016 press release published by Hasbro.
    So, not a Christmas special as initially believed.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #1012
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Three 22-minute specials, which take place after the events in the Legend of Everfree film, are set to be released beginning in 2017, as reported by World Screen on October 4, 2016 quoting Finn Arnesen, vice president of global distribution and development at Hasbro Studios, and as stated in an October 18, 2016 press release published by Hasbro.
    So, not a Christmas special as initially believed.
    So they essentially broke up the next EQG movie into 3 parts...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  13. #1013
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,148
    The official reddit app added a pony theme.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •