hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Honest question, since I'm getting some playful flak about it (I don't mind, really):

If the mane 6 were animated humans and the show were simply called My Magic Friendship or some silly thing, would you care? Would you watch it?
    I'm... not sure. It depends whether others would watch it.
    Odd answer, i suppose, but that's what it is. The show isn't what drew me to the show ( ). (Hence me still haven't finished watching the last half dozen episodes of s2). The show isn't the best show on earth or the next coming of Jesus, as some bronies declare. It's good, but nothing to lose your shit about.
    It was the fan content. Specifically, music. I loooooooooooooooooooooove music. I watched an episode (specifically, the Zecora one), and was left extremely unimpressed about a show that teaches about political correctness and things so basic you'd have to be not even a little girl, but completely retarded not to understand.
    If notacleverpony had not made "For the new Luna Republic", a piece with no words, yet one that almost made me cry, i would have never been a brony, likely. I discovered other content then. Fics... pics... etc. Watched the show, despite horribly cringing in many places.

And that's my story.

Discord rules, Celestia drools.

Honest question, since I'm getting some playful flak about it (I don't mind, really):

If the mane 6 were animated humans and the show were simply called My Magic Friendship or some silly thing, would you care? Would you watch it?
    Well ... if it had the very same acting/scenes/lines, then maybe.
    But from experience, every show with human girls will have discussions/scenes about fassion, boyfriends, "girlstuff" in general. In MLP, although all the maincast are actually girls, those things are quiet absent. And even if they appear, it isn't very girlish: A pony asking "Does this dress make me look fat?" has something comical, while a girl asking the same is ... well ... girlish.

In the end i'd say the show won't be successful with humans.

Whelp, Borderlands 2 is about to go from being kind of Pony to all kinds of Pony.

Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Re: General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

DLC or a mod or what?

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    DLC or a mod or what?
    Mechromancer DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

I'm... not sure. It depends whether others would watch it.
    Odd answer, i suppose, but that's what it is. The show isn't what drew me to the show ( ). (Hence me still haven't finished watching the last half dozen episodes of s2). The show isn't the best show on earth or the next coming of Jesus, as some bronies declare. It's good, but nothing to lose your shit about.
    It was the fan content. Specifically, music. I loooooooooooooooooooooove music. I watched an episode (specifically, the Zecora one), and was left extremely unimpressed about a show that teaches about political correctness and things so basic you'd have to be not even a little girl, but completely retarded not to understand.
    If notacleverpony had not made "For the new Luna Republic", a piece with no words, yet one that almost made me cry, i would have never been a brony, likely. I discovered other content then. Fics... pics... etc. Watched the show, despite horribly cringing in many places.

And that's my story.
    That's pretty much my story as well. The show is a bit too cutesy in many places. I really need to see if I can play any of the parts of "For the New Lunar Republic" on bagpipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Whelp, Borderlands 2 is about to go from being kind of Pony to all kinds of Pony.

Spoiler:
    You have no idea how happy it made me to see that when I started looking at the skill tree. Unfortunately, only Discord is in the tree I'll actually be using. Most of the pony references are appropriately enough in the tree titled "Best Friends Forever"

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Progress on the MST mural cleanup:

Hoping to get over there tomorrow to help out. So far they've only planned to show up an hour or two before and I never find out in time.

Then they are going to put some graffiti-proof clearcoat over top.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; October 10 2012 at 05:36:37 AM.

It's good to see they're going to be able to quickly clean that up.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

How can they remove the black spray without wrecking the mural?

Very carefully.

The paint of the mural has had a full year to cure and probably is a thicker coat. The spray paint has only been on for a week. It would be slightly easier to remove

Is there any way of protecting the mural from future vandalism?

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    I forget where it was said, but they'll be putting an anti-vandalism clear coat over the mural once it's cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    I forget where it was said, but they'll be putting an anti-vandalism clear coat over the mural once it's cleaned up.
    Five posts above you.

Discord rules, Celestia drools.

Looks like Lord Donut Steel has a real name after all

Spoiler:
    King Somber, Alicorn

Last edited by Evelgrivion; October 12 2012 at 02:56:43 AM.

So I spent 2 hours rubbing mineral spirits all over the mane six with 8 other guys from the campus. We managed to get most of the spray paint of this attempt but the paint in the crevices is proving quite difficult. Things were a little too aggressive on parts so it will need some touchup.

I'll post pictures once they are available.

So the unidentified pony painting pillager returned last night to leave his mark. We had just finished removing 90% of the grafitti.

Ideas on how to identify this guy and get him fined/expelled/jailed for vandalizing campus property?

I'm thinking hidden webcam.

He mad.

Our previous cleaning progress (now wasted):
      Spoiler:

We're going to try to clean it up tonight while the paint is still relatively fresh.

The plan was to get anti-graffiti clear coat applied but it has to be done while the surface is warm, and shitty wet'n'cold Fall just arrived this morning.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; October 19 2012 at 04:29:51 PM.

Yeah, hidden cam is probably your best bet. Coordinate with campus security on it if you can.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.