hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 52 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar

General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

MLP:FIM Season 1 is now available for pre-order on Amazon for those of us in the United States, and I realized that I had no appropriate thread to put the information in. Looks like there will be bonus features including audio commentaries by the cast and crew, so they're definitely aiming for a Brony audience with this product.

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Fr...dship+is+magic

Well,for anyone that cares. Reddit is having a friendly competition between MLP fans and Avatar:TLA fans. And unless TLA fans suddenly decide to start trying they're gonna lose badly. The winner gets to design the reddit header for the entire site for a day so as you can imagine jimmies are going to be rustled. You might want to get a bad of popcorn for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator View Post
    Well,for anyone that cares. Reddit is having a friendly competition between MLP fans and Avatar:TLA fans. And unless TLA fans suddenly decide to start trying they're gonna lose badly. The winner gets to design the reddit header for the entire site for a day so as you can imagine jimmies are going to be rustled. You might want to get a bad of popcorn for this.
    Horrible crossover idea in three...two...one...

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Well, I'm going on vacation for some time with no internet and somewhere sunny. After i return inevitably horribly sunburnt, i wonder if i'll see all new ponies...

Discord rules, Celestia drools.

It makes me sad that this thread has so few posts. I shall now attempt to remedy this or hasten it's demise.

No.1

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Well, I'm going on vacation for some time with no internet and somewhere sunny. After i return inevitably horribly sunburnt, i wonder if i'll see all new ponies...
    Why do you care, you still have half of season 2 to watch you lucky SOB.

No.2

The mlp subreddit won the charity contest... thing. Expect a pony global reddit banner and moderate rage soon™.

No.3

Now, this one might actually spark a discussion and since I don't know anyone in this subforum acting like a crazed pony crusader(besides lords) it will probably be safe. Which season did you guys enjoy more? I found season 2 much more enjoyable with discord,crazy twilight,luna,the 2 fluttershy episodes and the finale. Sure, season 1 had it's gems like Winter wrap up, sonic rainboom or call of the cutie, but IMO season 2 was much better.

Season 2 is definitely the one I go to unless I realise season 1 has been neglected. Season 1 definitely, as you said, had its gems but season 2 has more consistently enjoyable episodes as well as containing my favourite episode.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

There's just not going to be a whole log of discussion until we get some official content.

What do we know now? Season 3 will be 13 episodes, something about the Crystal Empire appearing in the North and Princess Cadence for the season opener, and the two songs revealed around ComicCon.

I'd just finished my second run through of S2 to pass the time. Hopefully it holds me over until whenever S3 starts.

Both seasons have great moments, but I'll agree that season 2 upped the ante a bit. I want to say something from season 1 was lost but my last viewing as so long ago I can't put my finger on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    I want to say something from season 1 was lost but my last viewing as so long ago I can't put my finger on it right now.
    We were only just learning who the characters were in Season 1; there will never be a character introductory episode again without intruding on previously established knowledge of those characters - not without the aid of an extraordinarily talented writer who is able to shed new light on the character in a believable manner.

I want to say something from season 1 was lost but my last viewing as so long ago I can't put my finger on it right now.
    Arcs.

Season one had the interwoven narrative of the grand galloping gala. S2 could have had something similar with the wedding, but they dropped the ball on that.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Arcs.

Season one had the interwoven narrative of the grand galloping gala. S2 could have had something similar with the wedding, but they dropped the ball on that.

-O
    3 episode "arc" versus two 2 parters.

What's missing from season 2 is best pony ending every episodes with:

"Your fateful student, Twilight Sparkle".

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator View Post
    What's missing from season 2 is best pony ending every episodes with:

"Your fateful student, Twilight Sparkle".
    To let the pedantic side of me out for a moment, Twilight Sparkle writes "faithful student," not "fateful student."

According to the production crew's facebook page, the premiere of Season 3 is to be announced within the next 30 days.

Stop coloring in Celestia, Pinklestia

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    With her... penis?

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    With her... penis?
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks like she's holding the Wacom tablet pen?

See, this is why we can't have nice things and season 3 comes late.

edit: woohoo, 800!

Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    According to the production crew's facebook page, the premiere of Season 3 is to be announced within the next 30 days.
    So we have at least a month yet til season 3 is out? This is assuming the announcement is at the latter end of the 30 days.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Didn't they announce S2 a month in advance..?

Until I hear otherwise, I'm expecting Pony in November.

maybe end of the ear with a christmas special?

November?! That's a 7 month break between seasons. That's insane.
    With her... penis?
    No, that's how I see it too. But I'm not nearly as pervy as some of the other posters here (or the mod who took their avatar from a Rule 34 Celestia image ).
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

November?! That's a 7 month break between seasons. That's insane.
    With her... penis?
    No, that's how I see it too. But I'm not nearly as pervy as some of the other posters here (or the mod who took their avatar from a Rule 34 Celestia image ).
    Oi, I only started using it because the version I saw started off as a head crop, so there.