hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2317

Thread: Guild Wars 2 - Pandas Should Stay in WoW Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bundus View Post
    Anyone in doing the Attack of Lions Arch?

It goes alright lots of stuffs dropping
    The best Living Story phase imo. I hope they go with a 'total war' / high action zone more often. This is fun and the rewards are nice.

Bump bump, huge update today? I haven't played in 8+ months and I'm going to check it out. I heard lots of good things so far.

I log into Lions Arch, the fuck happened
    Last edited by LoKiPP; July 3 2014 at 12:40:23 AM.
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Yeah had this reaction a few weeks ago when I started playing again. Something about a lady named scarlet? Be interesting to see how the new living world content they released earlier this week turns out.

The game is more fun than I remember it being too, which is no bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKiPP View Post
    Bump bump, huge update today? I haven't played in 8+ months and I'm going to check it out. I heard lots of good things so far.

I log into Lions Arch, the fuck happened
    meta event, it got smashed storyline-wise by Scarlet Briar (batshit sylvari who woke up an Elder Dragon, so Jungle Dragon is next).

You missed a fuckload of fun stuff, especially when the champion loot bag train was running around Queensdale.

Off the top of my head:

- Xmas 2013
    - Halloween 2013
    - Living World: Queen's Jubilee, Scarlet Briar, Molten Alliance, Scarlet Assaults Lion's Arch
    - achievements/hero panel revamped
    - Wardrobe! (All equipment skins you own are now unlocked across all characters, transmutation stones now give charges, blues give 1 per, yellows give 1 per 3)

I'm not sure what else, honestly, I thought mainly of the wardrobe and living story content.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Dyes are unlocked account wide instead of per char too I believe

Yep those too. Duped dyes were refunded via unidentified dyes. One per duped color.

They also don't drop anymore from random mobs/resource nodes.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Yep those too. Duped dyes were refunded via unidentified dyes. One per duped color.

They also don't drop anymore from random mobs/resource nodes.
    How do you unlock new dyes these days? Haven't played in a while.

You buy them or craft them. Luckily I already had the majority of them when the change happened so I just buy the occasional colour as necessary.

Latest patch is both good and bad. The voice acting & storyboard is l.o.l. which is par for the course, but ANet seem to have a perverse sense of humour with the environment in Dry Top.

Oh, and the dust goggles look topkek on Asura. Ignore the lack of AA, I think my SweetFX might have broken or doesn't do screenshots particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Damn I remember shelling out full price moneys for this game and playing it for less than 4 hours. Was fun but I was busy back then :/
    Oh well, good to see GW2 is still alive.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

fun stuff ... loot bag train around Queensdale.
    Your definition of fun is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Creed View Post
    fun stuff ... loot bag train around Queensdale.
    Your definition of fun is weird.
    Because as (former) EVE players, we don't find fun in abusing easily looped processes for little-effort, high reward activities?

It was an extremely easy way to complete Champion Slayer monthly (which is frequently chosen as a monthly by Anet's system) which otherwise would be annoyingly grindy.

EotM is good for getting several achievements pretty quickly, including Champ Slayer. I'm fairly time limited atm so I find myself going there for dailies a lot of the time.

His Excellency, Moderator 4 Life, Field Marshal Drakma, VC[C], DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the Internet in General and Failheap Challenge in Particular, and in addition the uncrowned King of Rule 2 Donor
    I had to stop playing. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I also apparently destroyed an entire server.

I stopped in January, just got tired of the ludicrous grind they introduced with ascended. I somewhat liked the story but the grind is just too much.

I stopped playing more than a year ago. Long before they started the Dynamic World story things.

I never even hit max level... The shitty end-game zone at the time and terrible Zhaitan fight killed it for me.

WvW was okay after they fixed the LoD viewrange problems. Then Thieves pretty much started raping everything with Heartseeker spam in the group queues. My necromancer also felt terrible compared to the other classes (looking at you Hundred Blades Warrior).

Is the new update any good? I'm holding at for ArcheAge at this point.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakma View Post

If you're referring to Ehmry Bay, then not quite. In fact, I think you'd quite enjoy the drama going on in the commander forum there atm.

I'm still playing, but less than before. Currently splitting my time between GW2 and the Elite Dangerous beta.

Taking a break personally at the moment. I logged in earlier this morning, but only to buy a couple of things on the gem store and run about for a bit.

Waiting for character slots to go on sale so I can start my one of each class/race project.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbanite View Post
    Is the new update any good?
    Couldn't say. They opened up a new PvE map area, but it's all arbitrary mechanics where you're using special skills to run over here and jump over there. As soon as I learned this I ran the other way because fuck jumping puzzles and everything that smells like them, but ymmv.

As for your necro, you might find Edge of the Mists to your liking if you haven't tried it yet. Camp hidden corner, fear entire enemy zerg off cliff, collect bags, profit.
    Last edited by Ben Derindar; July 31 2014 at 07:36:50 AM.

I miss this game, yet I really don't. Was a fun thread though

His Excellency, Moderator 4 Life, Field Marshal Drakma, VC[C], DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the Internet in General and Failheap Challenge in Particular, and in addition the uncrowned King of Rule 2 Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakma View Post

If you're referring to Ehmry Bay, then not quite. In fact, I think you'd quite enjoy the drama going on in the commander forum there atm.

I'm still playing, but less than before. Currently splitting my time between GW2 and the Elite Dangerous beta.
    Oh. Please do fill me in on the drama.