hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voulture is bad but wrote a few guides thread

Voulture is bad but wrote a few guides thread

So, decided since i wasted so much time already not to have this buried in general thread. Gonna post some guides there if something is requested. Nothing fancy, not going to post about champs I don't play a lot and that I feel super confident with. I am not some super pro top elo guy but i don't suck. Hope that such guides might be better to feel a champ that 30 pages long full insight into X on solomid or clg guides sites. I will try to keep them coherent and detailed enough.

Guides so far:
    Jax
    Riven
    Katarina
    Last edited by Voulture; September 26 2012 at 08:58:44 AM.

JAX

King of toplane, you want to go 19/11/0 on him, do take armor pen and crit on him and all ad masteries. Take 0 ap ones, they are all bad on jax. You don;t need mana pool and not taking dmg reduction in defence for top lane is just bad. Depending on your matchup you take 3 points in armor or in mr, 1 in though skin, 5 in hps and 2 in indomitable. Most underrated and one of strongest masteries in game. Sole reason you are taking 11 points here. Usually boots 4 pots wins every matchup but you might have to take cloth 5 pots against some high armor ones like dunno, olaf, wukong, riven. It's more risky htough. Flash/ghost + ignite is best combo. You can't run ghost against every champion, as above, take it only if you are certain you won't get punished for doing so. Ad/arp quints and reds, flat armor and flat mr is the way to go. Point is you want to skill everything into attack damage as it allows you to farm easy and makes your enemies unable to itemize vs you.

His early game is just unbelievably strong. W is your priority but you might have to start with Q. Usually i go WQEWWR with R>W>Q, leaving E at lvl 1 as it gives you exactly nothing. His trading power is just lolz. Do not waste mana to farm, just auto for cs leaving all mana to poke. If enemy bruiser come close, auto, instantly W him for huge harass. W resets autoattack cd but most importantly got consumed on Q jumps. Which is why jax wins all over kayle / kennen. You come close to them, use W jump on them and watch them lose half of hps. Just do not forget to auto after that, Q have no cd on attacks. If you play vs very good laner you might have to put E into trades. you can activate it just before you jump on or just walk into them if they can't cc you. Always trade with auto + w. Your mana pool is low but you need to learn how to conserve it to win lane. Usually i would buy 1-2 doran's blade early to let me snowball harder + dodge boots if you are against hard laners like riven. Otherwise merc threads are good but you don;t have to rush them. While transitioning to midgame you should aim to complete at least one of those items, if you do well you should have 2 eaily. Cutlass / Phage / Hex. I can't stress enough how good cutlass + phage is vs bruisers and i would get vs most top ap's as well. As i said, you need no ap so please do not upgrade it to gunblade ever. You get huge lifesteal, huge dmg + burstslow for 1800g. Do not get revolver it sucks. Phage is perfect item on him as you need to stick to targets. Hex is good vs big magic dmg teams, you can always just get 400 gold mantle to help and still finish blade + phage.

Your midgame / endgame items are as followed: triforce cutlass boots 2 dorans. This is like, best core possible. You won't get it every game, sometimes you will have to switch to lategame items faster but if you can farm it fast buy it. If not, leave at cutlass phage and transition into tank items. Jax does not need more dps then that (+ optional hex). He needs warmog and ga. Of course as usually, be reasonable, sometimes belt + 700g armor vest is enough to tank, you do not need to finish both of them. Keep it down to your own game decisions. Best endgame build is boots, cutlass, triforce, warmog, ga, hex. Buy red/green pots at this point. Might finish hex into maw. Or get omen instead of hex if agaisnt fed carries. Finish cutlass into gunblade if you got triple pot all other items oracle and 3k gold free. Not sooner.

Your task in fights is to assassinate ad carry. This is when your E matter, even if it's 6 i tems overfed graves you still shit on him with E up. Jump in, zone and kill. You will get focused but that's why you got your ult and warmog and ga. Ap carry is a good one to kill as well if he missposition. This is also why you don;t need any other dps items, with your mix of magic and physical dmg and ability to stick to any target and to close gap between yourself and target he will die anyway. Do never forget how important are wards on jax. Always carry 1 or 2 as you can always ward + Q to escape over walls etc. Or to chase. And that's pretty much it.

RIVEN

Riven is much harder to play and much harder to get her flow. You need to understand how strong she is early and how to use it to gain advantage. This is hard cause this is risky. She got many losing lineups and you need to learn them. If you are a pro riven you should do at least tied vs most of them though, she just got much steeper learning curve. Two things to understand on her - her passive stacks make your autos very strong. Do auto attack between abilities. Cast, auto, cast, auto, cast, auto. Especially on Q, you can cast it 3 times and you should aim to get 3 autos there. That combo at lvl 1 is usually worth like 400 points of damage. It instantly burn 2 pots if someone is dumb enough to let you do that. Second thing is her shield. It does scale with ad. So yes, you need damage items to make her good.

I usually start 19/11/0 as with jax masteies although she does not use any crit items so there is no reason to take 5 poiunts there - better get 4x cdr + one in dmg to creeps or something. Defense mysteries are obvious (if not chec jax guide). Sometimes you can start Doran's blade and be aggressive as fuck early pushing and forcing your enemies to farm udner tower early. It's good if you know how to use it and when to back to buy. Boots 4 pots is most reasonable, cloth 5 pot vs some champs. Skills depends on lineups. Usually you want to max Q leaving shield at lvl 1and maxing W after. Sometimes it won;t work and you will have to put some points into shield / stun leaving Q at lvl 1. Check wing's guide for some examples, usually Q(W/E or E/W)QQR is best and gives you msot harass + farm power. Riven pushes whole lane while harassing enemy champion between creeps with her sick aoe and yu can do that if you want it pushes. Early game you might want to get dodge boots against bruiser or cdr ones if you are ahead or not upgrade at all leaving it for later mercs. 1-2 doran's is never bad although she might not need it that hard. Good early pick, especially with cdr boots is brut but mostly work only if you dominate lane already. Hex is okish vs ap casters. For exemple Riven is one of not many champs that wins vs Vlad. usually i would do boots into doran + 2x mantle into 2 dorans, hex mercs + life vamp. You get the point. Thats all for early items, cutlass is kinda overrated on her, will tell you later why. Wriggles is.... dunno. I don't like wriggles on Riven but since many people on higher tiers buy it sometimes i guess it might have a point vs same bruisers like renekton. Always use flash ignite. No compromises.

She got one core item. Midgame goal. Lategame powerhouse. Bloodthirster. I cannot stress how good it is on her. How much you gain from lifesteal and how all your skills got good ad ration including shield (!!!). Yes, shield got 1.0 ad ratio meaning fully stacked bt gives you 100 hp more every dash and it got 6 sec cd without reduction. It's 3.5 sec lategame if you got cdr. Some people get more then one bt and well if you can get away with that why not but getting lategame items might be wiser usually. Good lategame items are: maw, mallet, ga, omen, last whisper, warmog. Pick ones you need. Standard game would look like this: boots -> dodge boots 2 dorans vamp scepter -> dodge boots, 2 dorans, bloodthirster -> dodge boots, 2 dorans, bt, ga, mallet -> + lw. ->>> dodge boots, bt, mallet, lw, ga, maw. Red pot is king on her. Use it later. keep famirng and pushing.

Cool tricks on riven - QQ during last Q in flight flash to enemy for instant ministun initiation. You just need to press flash just before last Q lands. No way enemy can predict that. It's like old bug with tristana jump. Ok, that's a dumb trick who would waste flash for that except voult. Standard trick. RE. No really. Only way toskip ult animation is dash and it's good. Do not hesitate to use ult a lot, not only if you know you going to finish enemy. Wait with wing till very end, the less hp on enemy the more dmg. Sometimes it's worth to use it when enemy back to base, you can clear whole lane in seconds. Farm creep tricks QQQW. Yeah not really hard one but if you press W just after last Q it cancel animation and stun creeps before Qpush them away. Which is neat. Pretty much same as jax role - you want to rape enemy carries although you do not hesitate to roll over tanks for that. You are far too mobile to be stopped that easily. You are squishy in lategame fights so please do not initiate unless you know very well how to and when to. She really is hard to play but very rewarding.

KATARINA

As most of you might remember there was a pretty big rework of all Katarina's abilities and animations a few weeks ago. The consensus is pretty much settled - she lost a bit of early game harass for mobility and midgame/lategame power. What most of those analysis you have seen didn't considered is how that affected her itemization and role model. She still remained that niche cleaner caster like akali but with ult dealing less damage but in much faster time she is not so prone to cc heavy compositions like she used to be. She became a standard high risk caster with sick burst. To sup up her changes: you can't choose E placement with W as it has been removed yet they saved damage reduction on it, Q always apply heal reduction scales better with next hits (somewhere between old Q and old WQ) and she can clear marks for almost old damage, her ult is much faster which lower her possible damage but dps is higher so in most situations is much easier to cast fully, and we got new W aility, aoe nuke around kat, does low damage but got very low cooldown and speed kata up if hit. What is most important about her W is that is clear and detonate all Q marks in range. Which pretty much can tell you how to combo her alone.

So lane - i know Voyboy is playing her a lot in toplane, even in tournament and yes, she can do that - she won't be great but should be good enough not to got raped too hard and still be godlike in fights. Her standard lane is mid though. Choice is kinda obvious, with her mobility and burst potential and low cooldowns and with her amazing ability to shove lanes her kit just yell at you "ROAM ME". She does well against pretty much every caster in game - you should be very careful playing vs silencers like LeBlanc and Kassadin and lane can go very badly versus some tanky direct damage casters like Anivia, Diana or Vlad. She is a perfect pick if you are against smartcasting low escape champions like Karthus or Twisted Fate and she is possibly one of better counters in lane to Morgana.

Ok, let's go for builds now. Standard 21/9/0 for manaless casters taking +6 MR for laning powrrs and hp's for surviving. I guess putting more points in defence could be good as well but i don't think it suits her playstyle. As for runes you should get defensive yellows and blues - flat armor/flat mr, hp per lvl/flat mr etc - and offensive marks and quints. I run magic pen in reds and AP quints. I generally think her power comes from destroying squishy targets and stacking flat mr reduction does wonders on her. And with all 3 good mr caster items - Hunting Guise, Abysall Scepter, Sorc boots you can achive -70 mr shred easily. And yes this is a variation on her build that does work as well. Ok, items then. I know that old katarina kit was screaming for gunblade but with her current kit ratios and her new mobility lets say it's straight - gunblade is fucking shit. Revolver on the other hand is okish and if you really need it get it, but the way new Katarina works is all about damage. Her core is Deathcap. Just as it is. You need it so badly with her omg ratios and possible resets that it's not even funny. Second item really worth considering is DFG. This is pretty easy, you need to get a kill to cast your shit again, so you should build up to do it as fast as possible. You can't usually just get sorc / kage and work for Deathcap though which is why there are some other items to consider getting. Hunting guise - amazing game to get on her, gives you everything you needs and make you and make you less squishy. Abysall is amazing as well if you are against heavy magic damage lineups. Rylai is overrated. There is literally zero reasons to get it over Zonaya. It gives you more damage and active will diminish much more damage that you could get from this giant belt.

Skills are pretty easy - you want lvl 1 of WE and lvl 2 of Q at lvl 4. Suit picks for your lane. In most cases you need to last hit with Q early and try to cast it so it hits enemy caster as well. After lvl 3/4 you could harass enemy caster by dropping Q on him jumping with E and W while running away for sick harass but it also makes you vulnerable to ganks. Also notice that W range is bigger then auto and can be used for last hitting. Skill build is easy, max Q, max W, let E be at lvl 1 and get ult whenever you can. In some cases like going top lane you could max W before Q but don't do it unless you are really sure it will work. Your usually burst fight combo is pretty much same - QEW then ult. In fights try to harass with Q as much as possible. Do know that you can't refresh your ult so easily now - you need around 3 assists or kill to get it again (maybe 2 lategame) and usually it's not most worth it to cast it instantly after refresh. You need to make staying alive your priority - you are a cleaner champ. You aim for squishes you can pop and cast your spells again. After every refresh just Q everyone for healing debuff and jump on your next target. Sometimes if target is fleeing and your E is on cooldown it might be worth flashing to him to hit W and catch up in speed. Also know that you can cast ignite during your ult without interrupting it which is when you should cast it in most cases.

Last but not least - wards. This is not standard "herp derp buy wards be nice don't rage" bullshit. You can E to wards. From both teams. If your E is not on cooldown you get a free flash for 75 gold. There is no reason not to carry one just for escapes all game. This is also perfect chasing trick - someone flashes away to get out of your E range? Np, set a ward, jump on it and Q (+ignite/dfg) to finish him.
    Last edited by Voulture; September 26 2012 at 08:57:51 AM.

[placeholder]
    Last edited by Voulture; September 26 2012 at 08:16:16 AM.

Now, you're better than me, so I won't argue, but WHY does jax not take any AP at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Now, you're better than me, so I won't argue, but WHY does jax not take any AP at all?
    Triforce. More so sheen.
    While Jax has hybrid scaling the item design in league makes it more efficient so pick AD or AP. Slot efficiency matters, and there are only 4 true hybrid items. Of those two are AP/Attack Speed not AP/AD so they only benefit Jax's AP ratios. His autoattacks should be plenty fast with ult, and the multiplicative stacking (and cap) of AS means it's almost always worse than AD. So Nashor's and Rageblade are bad (Nashors due to being inefficient, Rageblade due to being a poor value for the slot late game, though it's great if you can force a pre-20 minute win.) That leaves triforce and gunblade, both of which are options. Triforce is a good choice, but gunblade is just too expensive for the bonus over cutlass to get before late late game. So you focus on AD and tank because it's a better use of slots/gold, and it's a better use of slots/gold due to the design of items in League.

Makes sense.

Also, request for proper guide to mundo top goes here.

Makes sense.

Also, request for proper guide to mundo top goes here.
    Imo, play him in the jungle instead

Thought this could go here:

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    Today is Lee Sin day.
    Cruzer reworked his top lane lee guide, this is like best guide possible as he is known to be one of best lee sin players.
    http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=31504
    It's like, retardly good, he just listed up all possible top lane combinations for lee and gave item builds and tips for every single one of them for fast checking how to win your lane O.o

Also, a movie from another famouse lee sin player Lantyr:

Who is streaming daily: http://pl.twitch.tv/lantyr/popout
    Video was taken from this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._in_tw_server/

Bonus video from Link's (clgB mid player):

~~

Oh and completely unrelated to lee sin but since we got some new people here and maybe not everyone has seen this best skill video so far in lol in my opinion:

Voulture post your famous Warwick guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkash View Post
    Voulture post your famous Warwick guide.
    I too wish to learn the ways of the Warwick Voulture Feed for 20 minutes then just kill everything

Ok but this will cost you some karma donation to me.

Pick ww. Die 3 times in a row to enemy solo top. Say fuck it, i carry now. Kill enemy solo top 3 times in a row, start roaming, kill few enemies, win game with 7/3/0 stats.

Also, stop hating on me. I have pretty much never played solo top before that and it was my first time warwick, took me some time to learn and adapt but i did. I played solo top a lot in last few months and learned a lot. Would say i am much better solo top player then mid player now. Still worse then my ad carry and probably worse then my supports. I am still horrible at jungle and i am not going to change it any soon
    Last edited by Voulture; August 11 2012 at 01:24:20 PM.

more like worstwick

Perhaps edna should post his garen guide
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    more like bestwick
    AND
    He could post his mid mundo one as well.

Pick ww. Die 3 times in a row to enemy solo top. Say fuck it, i carry now. Kill enemy solo top 3 times in a row, start roaming, kill few enemies, win game with 7/3/0 stats.

Also, stop hating on me. I have pretty much never played solo top before that and it was my first time warwick, took me some time to learn and adapt but i did. I played solo top a lot in last few months and learned a lot. Would say i am much better solo top player then mid player now. Still worse then my ad carry and probably worse then my supports. I am still horrible at jungle and i am not going to change it any soon
    Shut up and take my +rep.

Also, want to buy someone who can do a guide to how to jungle in terrible scrub ELO. I'm never going to be that good in the junlge, honestly, and I make do, but when all lanes are even jungler decides the match and I do not want to be there, unlike in any lane where I can win the lane and be okay with my performance as long as the other guy didn't roam and rape my team.

In terrible scrub elo the best junglers to pick are those that can level two gank and/or gank lots and are quite farm independent - Alistar, Lee Sin is good, Maokai rapes, Amumu is great against bads.

Pick one lane. Gank that lane at level 2. Gank it again at level 3, 4 and 5. Watch as the enemy team folds around their own rage.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

udyr

Shut up and take my +rep.

Also, want to buy someone who can do a guide to how to jungle in terrible scrub ELO. I'm never going to be that good in the junlge, honestly, and I make do, but when all lanes are even jungler decides the match and I do not want to be there, unlike in any lane where I can win the lane and be okay with my performance as long as the other guy didn't roam and rape my team.
    Honestly, Lee Sin or Shyvana.

Lee sin ganks are just so good when you land the Q, his ganks aren't as good as say Alistair or Maokai due to his CC not being as strong, but unlike them he can actually deal damage and build damage items and be worth it. In scrub elo you want to be able to go toe to toe with their jungler and force him out of the jungle and be able to punish him if he invades yours.

Shyvana isn't so much good at ganking but she is godlike after some practice at counter jungling, in those games where I have been against a "scrub elo" jungler I will literally take 100% of their red buffs, ALWAYS clear the entire buff (small lizards) so you can get the exact timer for it to respawn (five minutes after the last creep dies) so when its just about to respawn you can be there and waiting, clear it super fast and leave. I will be able to get their blue but you have to be able to clear it super fast or be there exactly when its spawning. If you see a buff of theirs respawn and you see their jungler show far away go for it.

Shyvana is easily my favourite jungler because I hate wasting time waiting to gank and "most" of the time my team will have a clue on how to lane/ward and won't fail. Plus Shyvana's damage is imo the strongest out of all the junglers, she might not be the most tanky or have the most utility like CC but she can easily go toe to toe with someone and deal more damage. Combine that damage with REALLY high movespeed and she can still really hurt a lane in ganks.

Is she woth buying if I already have Mundo? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden View Post
    Is she woth buying if I already have Mundo? Serious question.
    She serves a different purpose. Also, sometimes the enemy picks mundo. Or he gets banned.