FHC has been a place of entertainment where I found I can keep myself busy if I'm procrastrinating things and/or bored out of my skull. Also FHC has been a great place of discussions where people have been able to share opinions and inform the general public about no-nonsense dealings of the real world. For those things I am grateful, although I do have a few suggestions to make FHC an even greater place to be. Note that this list of ideas are just my opinion, but I am sure this thread can serve as a discussion area where I can convince everyone of their legitness.
Without further ado here is what I believe would make FHC even greater than it has ever been:
- NSFW threads subforum. The babe thread has just become too long and impractical. Also the various NSFW threads are sometimes on other pages and difficult to locate if you really want to fap to pictures of a bunch of fat chicks. A subforum where these threads are collected would be ideal. The additional benefit is that very specific NSFW discussions do not need to be placed in the respective megathreads, but can be made into a thread of their own. Last but not least, while browsing FHC during work, you don't want to see a list of NSFW threads in the general chat area, do you?
- Anime subforum. The anime thread has likewise been a source of cries of impracticality. The thread is long and cumbersome but still has valuable information on almost every page. For this reason I believe a subforum for anime discussion can be a positive force in the FHC community. Obviously, postings of anime images and/or threads outside the subforum would have to be punished by infractions and/or bans. The subforum is there for a reason.
- Daythread subforum. Daythreads, by virtue of being made (on average) slightly more than once per day, have been been clogging up the general chat area pretty much since FHC began. I propose to have a subforum where the daythreads can exist, without making the general chat area look cluttered. Of course, people will have to be discouraged from making general posts elsewhere, if that could have been posted in a daythread instead.
- Non-text media subforum. Really why do we have an image megathread, an animated gif megathread and a youtube megathread, all sitting in the general chat area? It makes no sense. A simple subforum where these threads are collected can save everyone a lot of time navigating through the general chat area to find these megathreads. Not to mention that each of those threads has posts of the other media type as well (e.g. posts of static images in the animated gif thread), and proper moderation needs to be applied to these kinds of violations. Also removing random images outside the designated subforum would make life easier for everyone.
- Current Events subforum. The Olympic Games, Tour de France, Election years etc. etc. So many threads that clutter the general chat area. A properly moderated subforum would be a lot easier to maintain and browse. Some people are not interested in current events, and at this time they have to wade through these threads on a daily basis. Others care mostly for current events, and have difficulty finding what they want. Moving these threads to a more specific subforum is a win/win situation for everyone.
- Movie subforum. We have the movie megathread, yet somehow people always wind up making new threads for big budget blockbusters. Think of the Dark Knight Rises thread coexisting with the moviethread. While this allows for more specific discussions on certain movies, this does clutter the general chat area and makes browsing a chore for the people that are not interested in movies. This subforum would give people the ability to make more movie-specific threads while improving everyones browsing enjoyment. To be honest I wonder why this subforum has not already been made ages ago.
- TV Series subforum. The threads of Breaking Bad, Community, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, House, etc. could all be collected in one subforum with proper moderation. These threads are often long and difficult to navigate, especially if you try to avoid the spoilers. A moderator with the ability to infract/ban those who post spoilers without using spoiler tags would make these threads a lot more accessible to everyone involved.
- General Trolling Area subforum. This is perhaps the best one of the entire list! This subforum kills two birds with one stone: No longer will you have to decypher wether or not a post is a troll post, and more importantly, no longer will you have to wade through troll posts to get to the actual content of threads in other subforums! This area can be the dumping ground for people to troll to their hearts content without interrupting the general posting of the other FHC members. Again a win/win for everyone involved.
- "But wait!", I hear you guys say, "what if I want to post a youtube trailer of a movie? Or a picture that is NSFW? What about a NSFW screencap of a tv series based on an anime movie? ETC ETC?!". Well I bet it pleases you all to hear that I have an answer for that! Introducing the New Post subforum! People who want to make a post can do so in this subforum, allowing the moderators to move the post to the appropriate location. The moderators will know where the post should go, and this makes the tedious process of finding out where you want to post a LOT easier. Imagine the time you save! If the moderators ban/infract you or move your post to an unintended area, you can of course post a complaint in the "I got banned/infracted and/or my post was moved to the wrong place" subforum. Posters who intent to do so are encouraged to consult the Rules subforum and the Frequently Asked Questions subforum first.
I will, of course, volunteer to fill one of the newly created moderation functions. You can reach me in this thread or via the new up-and-coming Private Message subforum.