hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 165 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3566

Thread: Pony image thread

Nord, we need to talk about your image-noughts... maybe break them up a little. As it is I have to chase the bottom of the page for 10 seconds while everything loads.

Because the original image wasn't awesome enough...

For the record, there's a certain irony in complaining about imagenaughts and then immediately following it up with a 25MB GIF.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I heard about something called BBcode and Spoilers that looks like that : [SPOILER ][/SPOILER ]
    War is good, war is the heart of Eve, in this distant futur there's only War. Let's make a foreverwar! (By the way i belong to TGRAD/Init./Imperium, whatever i say is the reflect of my personnal view and my affiliation are in no way responsible for my shitposting)
    J'aime pas les baguettes, y a trop peu bouffer dessus et c'est pas assez large pour le fromage

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    For the record, there's a certain irony in complaining about imagenaughts and then immediately following it up with a 25MB GIF.
    [](/ppshrug) Worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedeline View Post
    I heard about something called BBcode and Spoilers that looks like that : [SPOILER ][/SPOILER ]
    Spoiler tags are only going to spare the page layout. The files will still get downloaded. But, since the layout changing while loading is what I'm talking about that would be a solution. No need to hide the content though if we split posts up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedeline View Post
    Note that spoilers don't actually prevent the content from loading. You just can't see it.

Yes but he is complaining about the page jumping everywhere as the page loads the images. It happens to myself and it is pretty annoying.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    Yes but he is complaining about the page jumping everywhere as the page loads the images. It happens to myself and it is pretty annoying.
    Okay. On that much I can agree.

I open all the forums I want to read in tabs, then open all the threads I want to check in subtabs, then go back to the start (which has usually finished loading) and start reading. Tree-style tabs are great.

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    I open all the forums I want to read in tabs, then open all the threads I want to check in subtabs, then go back to the start (which has usually finished loading) and start reading. Tree-style tabs are great.
    I tend to do a depth-first transversal of my tabs.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Nord, we need to talk about your image-noughts... maybe break them up a little. As it is I have to chase the bottom of the page for 10 seconds while everything loads.
    IMO, imagenaughts are only a problem when Quackers quotes them. I blame the browser rendering engines for any performance issues.

Also, I said I would be cutting it down to 10-15 images per post.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Moderator Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    IMO, imagenaughts are only a problem when Quackers quotes them. I blame the browser rendering engines for any performance issues.

Three to five, or even one every few days is preferable to the 10 to 15 megaposts. They are a bit painful to a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelgrivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Three to five, or even one every few days is preferable to the 10 to 15 megaposts. They are a bit painful to a load.
    It's not a bandwidth or performance issue for me but a layout issue.

When the page first loads the images are of an unknown dimension and the browser won't allocate any layout space to them. Once the first few bytes are downloaded then the dimensions are known and the page layout updates - things at the bottom of the page get shifted further down. Then the next image loads.., then the next image.., etc.

By the time the page finishes loading I've been chasing the Reply button with my mouse for 15 seconds..

Really I blame vBulletin, since it could probably do some magic with anchoring your scroll position. But, it doesn't.

[](/derpserver)

Splitting image dumps up into multiple posts, even if you submit them all at once, would keep the total number of images per page down and solve a lot of different problems.

Don't mistake this as a request to post less, though!
    Last edited by Nu11u5; May 25 2016 at 09:07:55 PM.

Don't mistake this as a request to post less, though!
    What he said.

9 days since my last image post, wow.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Better outfit, but too similar to Rarity's.

On an unrelated topic, there sure is a lot of FHC traffic today.

How can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    How can you tell?
    The number of users browsing each subforum is visible to the right of its name. There's also a current user count at the bottom of the front page.