hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Youtube stops after 11 seconds, no sound at all, Firefox and Chrome affected

Youtube stops after 11 seconds, no sound at all, Firefox and Chrome affected

Hiyo
    I be needing your halp.

I have issues identical to those of this and this fellow's: There is no sound on any flash videos (not just Youtube) and the videos stop 11 seconds in. This is observed on Win7 64b, Firefox and Chrome but not observed on IE, where everything's fine. Reinstalled Flash, did nathing.
    Started a few days ago.

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    ^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason

you using the html5 version of YT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurskjeld View Post
    Hiyo
    I be needing your halp.

I have issues identical to those of this and this fellow's: There is no sound on any flash videos (not just Youtube) and the videos stop 11 seconds in. This is observed on Win7 64b, Firefox and Chrome but not observed on IE, where everything's fine. Reinstalled Flash, did nathing.
    Started a few days ago.

Anyone?
    i had this problem with some terrible flash update, but its gone for me since 2 or 3 updates

I had to do this to get 11.3 to work on my system:

To disable Protected Mode, add the following line to your mms.cfg file located in:

Windows 32bit: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

Windows 64bit: C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

ProtectedMode=0

If the mms.cfg file does not exist, create one using any standard text editor (e.g.. notepad)

Depending on your operating system, you might need to first save the mms.cfg file to a writable location (such as your documents or desktop folder) and then copy the file into the destination folder using Windows Explorer.

To re-enable Protected Mode, simply remove the line from the mms.cfg file.

Lunas solution doesn't work, still no sound and video stops after 11 seconds. How the fuck does flash keep fucking up like this?

Turn off hardware acceleration for Flash?

OK, I'm not sure what I did, but I disabled all flash plugins in chrome and uninstalled a version and I got sound now. Just go to aboutlugins and disable every flash plugin you can find(i had 3 different versions of 11.3). This fixed sound and play duration for youtube, the rest are still unresolved(youtube continues to work even if you re-enable flash).

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator View Post
    OK, I'm not sure what I did, but I disabled all flash plugins in chrome and uninstalled a version and I got sound now. Just go to aboutlugins and disable every flash plugin you can find(i had 3 different versions of 11.3). This fixed sound and play duration for youtube, the rest are still unresolved(youtube continues to work even if you re-enable flash).
    I did this and it worked, but Firefox now refuses the re-installs of Flash. Which ticks me off because Firefox (grooveshark) is my media player. Oh well, resolved in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    ^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason