hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout Equestria Universe - Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS FOR NEW CONTENT]

I haven't read Pink Eyes, but I'm assuming that for one reason or another she needs to breath pink cloud to survive, hence the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    I haven't read Pink Eyes, but I'm assuming that for one reason or another she needs to breath pink cloud to survive, hence the suit.
    Very minor FO:E-related spoiler about that.

Spoiler:
    She's a Canterlot ghoul, the suit's fused with her. She was in it when the pink cloud hit.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Follow up Q:
      Spoiler:
    So is she actually breathing pink cloud or just leaching it? From FO:E I know that Canterlot Ghouls were mostly immune to its effects in low concentrations, but they didn't need it. The pink cloud might leach from materials for a while, but not constantly (except for Mouse, but that was because she still had the corrupted talisman inside her gut). Or is all the art I see of Pink Eyes main character having her suit filled with pink cloud just a common artistic liberty?

I guess a question would be, is her suit ever not filled with pink could and why not?
    Last edited by Nu11u5; August 5 2012 at 11:37:47 PM.

Pink Eyes related spoilers. So I kinda read the description on wiki.

Spoiler:

Oh sadly for her, she is no mere Canterlot ghoul. Not even close.

Euuuuw. Really Fluttershy? Necromantic soul binding talismans on children's hazmat suits? I don't know how bad PH really gets later on (just at ch4), but just reading description what Puppysmiles is makes me confused on whether do I want to puke or break down crying. I'll give it a try but... Jesus Christ, just that description is more WRONG then reading about Twilight's mom fate in FoE.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
      Spoiler:
    Twilight's mom fate in FoE.
    Why did you have to remind me :'(

Her entire story was one of the sadest parts in FO:E for me.

Spoiler:

Euuuuw. Really Fluttershy? Necromantic soul binding talismans on children's hazmat suits? I don't know how bad PH really gets later on (just at ch4), but just reading description what Puppysmiles is makes me confused on whether do I want to puke or break down crying. I'll give it a try but... Jesus Christ, just that description is more WRONG then reading about Twilight's mom fate in FoE.
    Yes, but PS is a GREAT MC.

Spoiler:

Sad as it may be, Puppysmiles defeats all sadness by being stupidly adorable and cheerful even while being shoot at, with a few exceptions

Spoiler:
    ..like "visting father", where the adorable is what turns the whole section stupidly soul-crushing, or the last parts where she finally catches up with mom

A toggle-locked action on an assault rifle? That seems like it would be -really- unsafe.

On the other hand, that whole design is pretty curious, it looks like the artist was trying to make something that was recognizably a gun, but also suitable to be manipulated with hooves. I'm not sure how the case ejection actually works on that thing without bouncing the shells off the underside of the scope.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    dzajc -
      Spoiler:
    one of PH's best (but admittedly dark as FUCK) chapters is chapter 6. I loved it, it really showcases Somber's incredible writing skills, but it stays with you for days. FOR DAYS MAN! /o\

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Managed to actually read PinkEyes Ch1. Damn... ignorance is bliss. I'm just terrified of moment when that protective shield of ignorance breaks. And writer is trying to make all those horrible things not hit as hard as they could. But still... Watcher's/Spike's BSOD and signing off the comms reminds the reader too well that while Puppysmiles may be protected by her innocence and ignorance, it doesn't lessen the soul wrenching horror of her situation one bit.

And after I turned off my PC and went to sleep. Dear God, as I lay there, as usual thinking about what I've just been reading, for just a second the image of my neighbor's 5 y.o. kid flashed in front of my eyes. Almost vomit inducing wave of nausea followed.

I think I'll try to read them slowly in parallel (PH and PE that is). Why? Because I'm a masochist who appreciates good writing.

Managed to actually read PinkEyes Ch1. Damn... ignorance is bliss. I'm just terrified of moment when that protective shield of ignorance breaks. And writer is trying to make all those horrible things not hit as hard as they could. But still... Watcher's/Spike's BSOD and signing off the comms reminds the reader too well that while Puppysmiles may be protected by her innocence and ignorance, it doesn't lessen the soul wrenching horror of her situation one bit.

And after I turned off my PC and went to sleep. Dear God, as I lay there, as usual thinking about what I've just been reading, for just a second the image of my neighbor's 5 y.o. kid flashed in front of my eyes. Almost vomit inducing wave of nausea followed.

I think I'll try to read them slowly in parallel (PH and PE that is). Why? Because I'm a masochist who appreciates good writing.
    This was one of the most wonderful things about Pink Eyes. You will be feeling that for quite some time, that feeling there's a dangling knife over her innocence.

If this is your recation to the early bits of pinkeyes, then the later bits of PE is going to turn you into a sobbing wreak

I know the feeling though, and it's what makes reading stuff from this universe so absolutly mind-bogglingly fantastic

Note to self, stop googling and checking wiki. It always leads to Keter level spoiler incidents.

Spoiler:

Raider virus, vault 99. Kill all the red dots. It wasn't even the wiki that got me. I was googling for PH artworks. Found a series of "y u no make sense" like pictures describing Blackjacks troubled mind. One was "kill all red dots, but they were all red". And a completely separate pic on devientart showing a pony in Vault 99 suit with blood all over him and description megaspoilery saying "stable 99 victim of raider virus". Also, all artwork shows Scotch Tape, but BJ left her in the vault. So she obviously returns to vault at some time. And then I added two and two together.

I's that the very bad thing from Chapter 6? Is that when she returns to V99, save Scotch Tape and kill her mother and every other friend and acquaintance she had in the vault?

Wiki is spoiler, deviantart is spoiler, pictures on EQD page about fic are spoilers... Gaaaahhhaaaaa!!!!
    Last edited by dzajic; August 7 2012 at 07:38:11 PM.

Note to self, stop googling and checking wiki. It always leads to Keter level spoiler incidents.

Spoiler:

Raider virus, vault 99. Kill all the red dots. It wasn't even the wiki that got me. I was googling for PH artworks. Found a series of "y u no make sense" like pictures describing Blackjacks troubled mind. One was "kill all red dots, but they were all red". And a completely separate pic on devientart showing a pony in Vault 99 suit with blood all over him and description megaspoilery saying "stable 99 victim of raider virus". Also, all artwork shows Scotch Tape, but BJ left her in the vault. So she obviously returns to vault at some time. And then I added two and two together.

I's that the very bad thing from Chapter 6? Is that when she returns to V99, save Scotch Tape and kill her mother and every other friend and acquaintance she had in the vault?

Wiki is spoiler, deviantart is spoiler, pictures on EQD page about fic are spoilers... Gaaaahhhaaaaa!!!!
    Read faster

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar

Spoiler:

No, that happens much later, and it sucks that u got spoiled for that

6 is actually pretty bad, but in a different way. Very VERY good chapter tho

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Spoiler:

You really should just read it, and stop looking around.

Chapter 6 is pretty sad though.

Hmmmm, never really watched the show but read FO:E and PH, the latter I drifted away from around chapter 31. Got randomly into editing a spinoff set out west which I still do but thats now the extent of any ponyism. Used to hang out in the sidefics chat room on googledocs and would be happy to recommend some of the better stuff. Heroes has been mentioned and its pretty good imo, the author No One knows where she is going with it and I expect it to tie up well if I ever get around to finishing it.
    Some call me Shatoon, bringer of corn. Others call me Mickey Nine, the dream weaver. Some call me Photoshop. Others call me Trenu, the boiler...

Screw spoilers, this is brilliant.

Moderator Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    FYI: Project Horizons has been updated.