Page 767 of 769 FirstFirst ... 267667717757764765766767768769 LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,340 of 15370

Thread: [NSFW] ザアニメスレッド - Stop talking about the fucking title

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Kinda wanna banish all anime to the pony sub
    Kinda wanna banish you to The Archive sub
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Imagine actually liking Japanese inflection. Fuck itís bad.

Dub all the way.

Banned
    http://puu.sh/kTSQD/2e39d12cac.png
    http://i.imgur.com/AfHQMwR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sQRclby.png

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Kinda wanna banish you to The Archive sub

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Except Cowboy Bebop. It can stay.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I just finished Hai to Gensou no Grimgar andfound out there is no sequel.
    Any advice on something to watch that strikes the same nerve?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I just finished Hai to Gensou no Grimgar andfound out there is no sequel.
    Any advice on something to watch that strikes the same nerve?
    Problem is there's half a billion grimdark fantasy shows and almost all of them are dogshite.

Mushoku Tensei is airing now and it's somewhat in the same lane - raunchier, really great art and music, and good character development throughout.

Rage of Bahamut maybe? First season at least, the follow-up was nowhere near as good, but it's got great animation, fun characters, and a p. good story (until the ending goes off the rails in the grand tradition of almost every anime ~).

I always recommend Ga Rei Zero, even though it's set in modern times it gets the dark gory fantasy tone exactly right, and has one of my favorite first episodes of any show ever.

And obv. if you haven't seen the original Berserk, that one's like the granddaddy of grim bloody fantasy shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Started watching The Rising of the Shield Hero. I'm six episodes in and it's quite good. More enjoyable than Goblin Slayer or GATE.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Started watching The Rising of the Shield Hero. I'm six episodes in and it's quite good. More enjoyable than Goblin Slayer or GATE.
    Sounds promesing. I've got thatone waiting for me next.

Finnished watching Darling in the franxx the other day. I noticed that alot of people realy hate it for some reason. odd. i was completely blown away by it. One of the best lovestories i've seen in a long time. oh and there's something about mechs too but that's secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

Mushoku Tensei is airing now and it's somewhat in the same lane - raunchier, really great art and music, and good character development throughout.
    I always recommend Ga Rei Zero, even though it's set in modern times it gets the dark gory fantasy tone exactly right, and has one of my favorite first episodes of any show ever.
    Watching Mushoku Tensei now. it's "different". An interesting idea they're exploring at the very least.
    Oh right. I forgot you recommended ga Rei Zero. Thatone looks like it could be right up my alley.

Up to episode 18 on Shield Hero, will probably finish tomorrow. Good character development so far, a touch of political intrigue and tsundere, and it's amusing to see the Spider-Man and KFC jokes.

It's nothing spectacular, but it is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Sounds promesing. I've got thatone waiting for me next.

Finnished watching Darling in the franxx the other day. I noticed that alot of people realy hate it for some reason. odd. i was completely blown away by it. One of the best lovestories i've seen in a long time. oh and there's something about mechs too but that's secondary.
    A lot of people (including myself) were ok with Franxx up until the final arc where it just went all the way off the rails into outer space. Like, wtf was that shit, really.

Shield Hero has some v. well directed episodes (and a nice score, similar to Mushoku actually), but it leans a little too hard on the main comic-relief antagonists being cartoonishly evil for no reason. Also, the whole buying an underage slave girl thing, not a great look ~

Is this the clop clop being unleashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Is this the clop clop being unleashed?
    que?

Also, the whole buying an underage slave girl thing, not a great look ~
    Not a great look, agreed. But taking possession of a mistreated slave and showing respect to her (to the point of her defending him) is a good look. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask what other options he had. He had little money, fewer resources, and no weapons or reputation. How could things be done differently that wouldn't be a boring trope?
      Spoiler:
    And are we going to ignore spear queer's perversions?

Anyways, your post inspired me to make a few memes.
      Spoiler:

A lot of people (including myself) were ok with Franxx up until the final arc where it just went all the way off the rails into outer space. Like, wtf was that shit, really.
    That's part of what I don't get. I mean, that was easily predictable and foreshadowed like halfway through the series. So why did it surprice people? The behaviour of the APE guys, some of the things they said and the "face reveal" etc.

The other part i noticed people complain about was the character development of zero two. Somehting that i though made perfect sense all the way through.
      Spoiler:
    She didn't turn from demon to silly girl. She was always herself, but responded to people treating her like a monster rather than a human and re-watching parts I notice that the entire first half is littered with her dropping hints and questions at hiro trying to figure out if he realy is "Darling". She keeps asking him to run away with her, like he did when they were kids. But when he doesn't respond to it she shakes it off as a joke. She asks about picture books and searches for it in the ibrary. She wants to feed im sweets, like he did etc. She even drops direct quotes from the book! Lots of things like that.

Imho it was a good ending, if a sad one. It's also a bit dissapointing that it was so very final that they pretty much made a sequel impossible.

Not a great look, agreed. But taking possession of a mistreated slave and showing respect to her (to the point of her defending him) is a good look. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask what other options he had. He had little money, fewer resources, and no weapons or reputation. How could things be done differently that wouldn't be a boring trope?
    So like, demihumans are discriminated against, maybe when he gets booted out of town penniless he sees like hovels or refugee camps of them and learns about the history of the shield hero there when those people start treating him well. I do agree that there are good and bad ways to address things like child slavery, and Shield Hero at least builds it into the larger world and the main character's motivations. It ain't no Gobbin Slayer, and that's a good thing. With subjects like this I always ask "is the author trying to actually say something about it, or is it being used for shock/edge value alone?" The line between the two is a little fuzzy here, but ultimately I think it is more the former case than the latter, although (spoiler if you haven't finished the show yet)
      Spoiler:
    Raph insisting on getting a new slave crest because she's just that devoted is... back in sketch territory imo.

That's part of what I don't get. I mean, that was easily predictable and foreshadowed like halfway through the series. So why did it surprice people? The behaviour of the APE guys, some of the things they said and the "face reveal" etc.
    To be fair it's not necessarily the going into space part that's the problem, it's that they went into space just because that's what other shows like this did. Really there's no reason that the drama couldn't have stayed on Earth where the squad defeats the unbelievably generic and poorly written bad guys and we get our mostly happy ending. Fraxx very obviously cribs hard from previous Trigger/Gainax works without really worrying over whether it makes sense for the kind of show it was trying to be.

I don't dislike it because it's all the way bad, there are plenty of good elements and good plot points. I dislike it for trying - with that leap-to-space end - to be anything other than itself.

Sure. While I see what you mean, I figure the bad guys are porly written since it's not realy the main plot anyway. The creator described it as a 4 arc story. in the first, hiro and zero learn to communicate with eachother. in the 2nd arc, they learn to communicate with the rest of the team. The third the group with the adults and the 4th is supposedly not represented within the show (??) something like that i don't remember exactly how he described it and i get a feeling it was badly translated. basicly how the story is all about communication and interaction between people. The mech/alien part was just a canvas to paint it on, so it wasn't developed as deeply.
    Last edited by Ashaz; April 4 2021 at 07:54:35 PM.

> tfw when two shows you really like (Shield Hero and The Devil is a Part-Timer!) are getting second seasons this year, with the original cast coming back

Anybody made anything better than Cowboy Bebop yet?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.