Page 758 of 769 FirstFirst ... 258658708748755756757758759760761768 ... LastLast
Results 15,141 to 15,160 of 15373

Thread: [NSFW] ザアニメスレッド - Stop talking about the fucking title

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Ordinal Scale is confusing me

Are they just larping around to "normal" people, why not just take the headsets off

bleurgh, cringing slightly too much to finish it I think
    It's got... honestly... more than a few glaring and massive issues.

But hey, some of the scenes were well worth the cost of admission if you paid nothing to watch it. 'dat final boss scene was pretty fun (assuming, you know, you don't think about it).
    "Our thoughts agreed with everyone else so we felt safe."

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgainsfield View Post
    Ordinal Scale is confusing me

Are they just larping around to "normal" people, why not just take the headsets off

bleurgh, cringing slightly too much to finish it I think
    It's got... honestly... more than a few glaring and massive issues.

But hey, some of the scenes were well worth the cost of admission if you paid nothing to watch it. 'dat final boss scene was pretty fun (assuming, you know, you don't think about it).
    Yeah the animation was good and the soundtrack wasn't overtly offensive...

given the time requirement between floor uh, 21? or whatever it was they actually got to I'm pretty sure the floor 100 boss should have been aoe oneshotting their party but REEEEEEEE

Maybe my memory deceives me ... but didnt that SAO creator guy say before his fight with Kirito that he would have been the final (floor 100?) boss ?

But yeah, SAO OS was ok to watch ... as long one didnt really ponder the whole (feasibility of) AR stuff ^^

In hindsight i m not too unhappy that i didnt go to the movies for it though ;P

Xeno, I sorta though they got somewhere into the 50's, but not really going back to re-read it again. I liked the first novel, but it pretty consistently got worse as it went along. And nothing I've read by Reki Kawahara suggests he knows how to write characters, or villains, or much of anything. And not much of Ordinal Scale proves me wrong.

But hey, it had some really awesome rule of cool moments, so whatevers.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Maybe my memory deceives me ... but didnt that SAO creator guy say before his fight with Kirito that he would have been the final (floor 100?) boss ?
    That SAO creator guy was indeed to be the floor 100 boss. Also, that boss would have been impossible in SAO, which doesn't have ranged weapons. Again, it's not something to think too much about.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    But yeah, SAO OS was ok to watch ... as long one didnt really ponder the whole (feasibility of) AR stuff ^^
    In hindsight i m not too unhappy that i didnt go to the movies for it though ;P
    The more you think about how flat out dumb some of the aspects were, the worse the movie gets. But much like the Psycho Pass movie, it's a filler strip between two pieces of existing plot... so it's not like ANYTHING could happen.

Well, to put it briefly, MiA is definitely the AotY.

To add some extra words, Made in Abyss is very definitely the strongest anime we've had in a while. It's not perfect, but it does a pretty damn stellar job of flipping between soul-crushing depression and uplifting optimism. Season two when, ffs? If you haven't seen it yet, you really should. it's a positive gem from start to finish. The artwork, the chara designs, the music, and the cinematography... it's all really good. I watched the final episode and never realized it was a double EP, it was that gripping. And heartbreaking, natch, can't forget that.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul - Did you like SSN1 of Virgin Soul or the original? You'll probably like this. I haven't seen a single EP of the second half though, so who knows... but it's probably worth mentioning here.
    This one went from something I would recommend to non-weebs to just.. ok I guess. The writing really went downhill in the second half.

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Bahamut utterly fucked the entire 2nd part of the show

The girl gets her guy (who is (in)directly responsible for all the shitty things that happen) and the two main characters who literally did nothing wrong get shit on repeatedly for no reason.
    Oh and the bad guy wins, without much introspection because they went with a dumb THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS plot. (this doesn't even make sense because why does he mutilate demon children/run a death arena)

Gabriella fucks everything up, Azazel fucks everything up, bitchknight mc-murderer fucks everything up. None of these characters have any reason for fucking it up beyond "lol plot"

...hell they almost had some romantic development involving characters that weren't Nina for 5 minutes, but then they kill them off/never mention it again.

Oh and they don't even fucking kill Bahamut in the end

What an utter disappointment
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 30 2017 at 11:29:30 PM.

Bahamut utterly fucked the entire 2nd part of the show

The girl gets her guy (who is (in)directly responsible for all the shitty things that happen) and the two main characters who literally did nothing wrong get shit on repeatedly for no reason.
    Oh and the bad guy wins, without much introspection because they went with a dumb THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS plot. (this doesn't even make sense because why does he mutilate demon children/run a death arena)

Gabriella fucks everything up, Azazel fucks everything up, bitchknight mc-murderer fucks everything up. None of these characters have any reason for fucking it up beyond "lol plot"

...hell they almost had some romantic development involving characters that weren't Nina for 5 minutes, but then they kill them off/never mention it again.

Oh and they don't even fucking kill Bahamut in the end

What an utter disappointment
    Yeah.

Bahamut itself was totally anticlimactic too especially compared to the apocalypse it caused in S1. Like wtf, it pretty much gets taken out within 10 minutes of showing up.

They were teasing the power of Charlie's construct for sooo long, making it look like a huge golem that we only saw part of (the hand), so I was expecting a massive pacific rim style showdown, but instead its just a green laser cannon that can change shapes I guess.

Charlie should have been dying and losing to Bahamut before Nina joined him, and then they should have both died in the end to defeat Bahamut. Way more powerful even if it's cliche and tropey, I don't know why they chose instead to let them both survive.

And not only does Charlie live but he keeps his throne and everyone is OK with him now, the demons he enslaved are working with the humans now, and even Jeanne and Azazel who wanted him dead for all the horrific shit he did to Mugaro seem to have forgiven him?

Real copout of an ending and a big letdown overall, could have been a pretty decent show.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; October 1 2017 at 12:37:46 AM.

Banned
    I feel like there was an entire backstory arc for the green soldiers/the crystals/the old minister/Chariot's weapon which just got cut out mid season

Banned
    Sword Art Online S3 announced

Gun Gale Online: Alternative 2 announced

Toaru Majutstu no Index S3 announced

It should be noted that Dengeki is calling the project just "Toaru" and have stated that it's "bigger than just this adaptation"

Whether that means that Railgun S3 is coming or even Accelerator we just don't know.

But yeah Dengeki slammed out 3 really big names in a single event, pretty cool

\o/

And i d be all for Railgun 3 too ...

P.s: that SAO poster looks like SAO meets Fate Stay Night ^^
    Last edited by phoenix; October 1 2017 at 11:58:06 AM.

Sword Art Online Alternative – Gun Gale Online is a LN series, so we'll have some SAO content without Kirito (and Reki, which is a bonus). SAO S3 is the Alicization stuff, which was a whole lotta novels. So they can probably run that content for a while. I thought it was better than the standard SAO LN fare, but it still has the same issues. Asuna is prominently featured in that poster, but she's mostly absent from the LNs? I'd definitely be game for more Toaru content without Touma, so we'll see what Dengeki is working up for.

Someone still has the ability to print money
    Last edited by bobgainsfield; October 1 2017 at 08:27:11 PM.

Banned
    Sword Art Online Alternative – Gun Gale Online is a LN series, so we'll have some SAO content without Kirito. SAO S3 is the Alicization stuff, which was a whole lotta novels. So they can probably run that content for a while. I thought it was better than the standard SAO LN fare, but it still has the same issues. Asuna is prominently featured in that poster, but she's mostly absent from the LNs? I'd definitely be game for more Toaru content without Touma, so we'll see what Dengeki is working up for.

Someone still has the ability to print money
    They've supposedly merged the production teams for the adaptations of Index and Railgun for this project, and it's been in the works for quite a while already, so we'll see.

It's also worth noting that Mikoto has consistently topped popularity polls, to the point where later volumes of Index/other side material feature her more prominently than Touma
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; October 1 2017 at 01:00:20 PM.

It's also worth noting that Mikoto has consistently topped popularity polls, to the point where later volumes of Index/other side material feature her more prominently than Touma
    I've only read a few of the Index LNs, but I guess my issue is they always seem to end in Touma finding a way to punch the villain... Our favorite railgun has other tricks up her sleeve, so the endings aren't quite as one-note.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    They really should do SAO Progressive, it is way better.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    They really should do SAO Progressive, it is way better.
    I prefer the SAO Progressive Manga, because it's the SAO story line and world without Reki Kawahara being a bad writer. Although honestly both the LN and Manga seem to do things better than his previous works. Also, the manga spends time with characters that aren't Kirito, which is a pretty massive improvement. It's probably the second time in the franchise they focus time on Asuna (the first being Mother's Rosario). No, I don't think the few glimpses you get of her in Alicization can really count.
    Last edited by bobgainsfield; October 7 2017 at 01:46:59 PM.

The new season is starting, and thus far UQ Holder seems fairly meh for a first show.

In other news, while it's not Anime, and I imagine the FFXIV thread is long dead, I was quite surprised to see the Netflix Dad of Light show. Watched the first two EPs (they're short), but was actually a bit pleasantly surprised. The FFXIV graphics are legit, and in-game, and the show wasn't anywhere nearly as cheesy or painful as it seemed like it could easily be. I may actually watch a bit more.

Reki Kawahara
    Speaking of Kawahara, what's he been up to recently anyway? It feels like it's been basically half a year since he's released anything. I guess he was busy with the movie /prep work for the Alicization anime?

Juuni Taisen

So, if you think it's Fate, with more servants you'd be pretty much right. Ironic / sad they may have nuked the character with the most development in EP1 (albeit unlikely, really)... but I guess they have to do surprising things to keep it interesting. Will have to see how it develops. It's not bad, per se, but I'm hoping there are stronger shows this season.

Last edited by bobgainsfield; October 8 2017 at 03:52:39 AM.

Banned
    Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou and Mahoutskai no Yome are both excellent

Ousama Game looks like an Another clone, so might be hilarious