Page 757 of 758 FirstFirst ... 257657707747754755756757758 LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,140 of 15147

Thread: [NSFW] ザアニメスレッド - Stop talking about the fucking title

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgainsfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Watched the UHD rip of Your Name

Easily the best movie I've seen in years, absolutely blown away by it
    I watched an early copy with pretty schlocky quality, but looking forward to carving out some time to watch a decent rip. It's a fun movie.

In other news, Fate Apocrypha continues to be fairly crappy (the non-Homuculus bits were neat, but the Homuculus bits were still weak). Who knew that with more than double the number of servants they'd still find a way to spend all the time on the drippiest Otaku self insert character.
    Welcome to Apocrypha, you thought Shirou was bad? meet Sieg.

Also don't worry they'll slash the number of Servants in half by episode 8 or so, get ready for Mordred/Astofolo/Jeanne slice of life adventures in the meantime

I watched an early copy with pretty schlocky quality, but looking forward to carving out some time to watch a decent rip. It's a fun movie.

In other news, Fate Apocrypha continues to be fairly crappy (the non-Homuculus bits were neat, but the Homuculus bits were still weak). Who knew that with more than double the number of servants they'd still find a way to spend all the time on the drippiest Otaku self insert character.

Also don't worry they'll slash the number of Servants in half by episode 8 or so, get ready for Mordred/Astofolo/Jeanne slice of life adventures in the meantime
    Well, spending time with three of the four best girls probably isn't a terrible thing. I've only read a tiny bit of the LN, and have only been spoiled a tiny bit on the story (and that's really just limited to the gender of one of the best girl candidates).
    "Our thoughts agreed with everyone else so we felt safe."

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Well, spending time with three of the four best girls probably isn't a terrible thing. I've only read a tiny bit of the LN, and have only been spoiled a tiny bit on the story (and that's really just limited to the gender of one of the best girl candidates).
    It helps that I'm playing Grand Order religiously so now I even more reasons to hoard materials for whenever Mordred/Jack/Astofolo release, and I already have Jeannu

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Why oh why did Abyss skip over Best Bunny?

So much hate fills my heart.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Why oh why did Abyss skip over Best Bunny?

So much hate fills my heart.
    We're definitely in the mid season cost-savings doldrums. Maid in Abyss EP6 wasn't a bad episode per se, although I wouldn't mind if they skipped the minute+ of recaps from the last episode. I get that it's a grand way to save animation budget for a splashy ending but when the show spends this much time on this sort of thing... eh.

The EP definitely had it's fun bits, but was overall a bit meh?

The more of the Little Witch Acadamia TV series I struggle through, the more convinced I am it should have stayed an OVA/film series. Christ is it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    The more of the Little Witch Acadamia TV series I struggle through, the more convinced I am it should have stayed an OVA/film series. Christ is it boring.
    I feel the same way about your life tbh

I feel the same way about your life tbh
    You & me both.

Recently finished watching LWA since nothing else piques my interest right now, but nearly gave up on it a couple of times. Should have been 12 episodes at most - or maybe 8, with most the last five actual episodes and some intro. Somehow they forgot they had a story to tell somewhere in between.

Don't know if anyone is still browsing here, but have a pair of Steam codes for Sakura Spirit and Hunie Pop. If the links don't work, I'm guessing someone snagged 'em before you.

Sakura Spirit
    nabbed!

Hunie Pop
    nabbed!
    Last edited by bobgainsfield; September 6 2017 at 11:33:02 PM.

Grabbed the Sakura Spirit one to continue my quest of owning all the Sakura games without paying for any of them

Grabbed Hunie Pop. Ty.

Anyone watching the two cour hangovers from last season? Apart from Re:Creators interest seems to have faded in them, & that's on Amazon which I presume means having to use their prone to dysynching subtitles :/ Was kind of curious about Sakura Quest but it just sounds like a boring attempt at another Shirobako.

Apocrypha has had the last Siegfried-free episode, it was fun while it lasted/

Anyone watching the two cour hangovers from last season? Apart from Re:Creators interest seems to have faded in them, & that's on Amazon which I presume means having to use their prone to dysynching subtitles :/ Was kind of curious about Sakura Quest but it just sounds like a boring attempt at another Shirobako.
    I enjoyed Sakura Quest, but dropped it somewhere around the new season. it wasn't a bad show, but it definitely wasn't Shirobako. I'm archiving episodes and may catch up to it someday, but probably not.
    Shingeki no Bahamut - Virgin Soul - I sorta gave up on this one at the tail end of last season. It's probably still good, just haven't watched any since the new season spun up.
    Boku no Hero Academia - Ehhh, I'm still mostly enjoying it, but there are definitely time I'm not certain why.
    Re-Creators - I've waffled a lot on this one. There was a big stretch where it just didn't work for me, but I'm starting to enjoy the wrap up as we near the end.

If you're looking for quirky shows that probably got dropped early on, and don't mind RomCom, try Gamers! I dropped the show at the tail end of Ep1 because it just didn't work for me, but after a lot of positive buzz I finally gave it another shot this week and basically marathon-ed the first 8 episodes. It does RomCom right, IMO. There's a moment late in the show where one of the character's tries to draw out a relationship map (getting every single relationship wrong), that was just great fun. Really enjoyable show.

Last edited by bobgainsfield; September 6 2017 at 11:48:38 PM.

Grabbed the Sakura Spirit one to continue my quest of owning all the Sakura games without paying for any of them
    Grabbed Hunie Pop. Ty.
    Happy to help, Humble had the full franchise (Hunie + Sakura) for a damn good price, so it made sense to drop some money on it. I've played a few of 'em (without paying for most, mind) and figured it was high time to actually put some money into those two companies.

Gamers EP9 pretty much turns the dial on the misunderstandings up past 11, then breaks the mother-fucking knob off with a bount of Wholesome exercise.
    The need for this show to hit Pixiv is very strong now...

Wholesome Exercise for the MFW!

jesus fucking christ that made in abyss episode
    the adaptation has been top notch so far so I was expecting something horrific but the VA for Riko knocked it out of the park, actually sounded like somebody was torturing her IRL
    I actually had to stop the episode for a few minutes to have a smoke

Shingeki no Bahamut gets real now that there's 4 episodes left

4 real spoiler tho
      Spoiler:
    holy shit Mugaro actually died, and it was pretty brutal to watch too

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Shingeki no Bahamut gets real now that there's 4 episodes left

4 real spoiler tho
      Spoiler:
    holy shit Mugaro actually died, and it was pretty brutal to watch too
    Pmuch what happened in the first series, I'm expecting knight boy or orange to bite it soonish

I did like the flirting between Azazel and the Angel though

Apocrypha has had the last Siegfried-free episode, it was fun while it lasted/
    Was it? Because gawds, it seems to get worse and worse as every episode passes... I think the biggest issue is everything seems so meaningless so even the fights have zero stakes. For that matter, how the hell does the Fate Verse have such crappy character designs?

Watching two servants verbally fight because a third character is too weak... to... I don't know... be dragged away?
    Last edited by bobgainsfield; September 12 2017 at 02:01:42 AM.